• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 5, 2019

    Dragon Quest [SPOILERS ACT 3] I'M NOT CRYING.. YOU'RE CRYING! (Or, how DQXI is pure emotional magic)

    Dragon Quest [SPOILERS ACT 3] I'M NOT CRYING.. YOU'RE CRYING! (Or, how DQXI is pure emotional magic)


    [SPOILERS ACT 3] I'M NOT CRYING.. YOU'RE CRYING! (Or, how DQXI is pure emotional magic)

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 04:26 AM PST

    These exceptional individuals

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 08:56 PM PST

    [Spoilers] I still feel the emotions just thinking about it.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 08:41 PM PST

    Papa Ambien here: da real MVP of Act 3 [Spoiler]

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 05:18 AM PST

    [Spoilers] Now that's a lotta damage!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 08:27 PM PST

    Interesting observation (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 08:57 AM PST

    You know how the majority of Dragon Quest games play up a bad guy for half the game (ie: Hargon, Baramos, Estark, Murdaw, Dhoulmagus) and then you find out they were only a precursor to the REAL bad guy (ie: Malroth, Zoma, Psaro, Mortamor, Rhapthorne)?

    Well when you play through the ENTIRE plot of 11, post game included, you realize they took that general formula and flipped it. Mordegon is the "fake midway boss," but in act 1 he outsmarts you! He doesn't even get a fight, just a cutscene of him wrecking up the place. Then you spend the entire next act recovering, growing, and finally defeating the even more vicious forms he takes.

    But then - - you get Act 3. You go back. You end up right where Mordegon outsmarts you and give it to him good. But then you find out the "real final boss," Calasmos. It's really interesting when you see how this game flipped the narrative we expected, but then gave it to us anyway. If the game had played 90% of Act 1, then strayed to where you have the upper hand in act 3, and then just played the game to the end of Act 3, that's the DQ game we expect these days.

    Idk what my larger point here is, but I really appreciate this game a lot.

    submitted by /u/jpak88
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest 11 Spoilers!!!

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 12:03 AM PST

    I've played the game 4 times now and I still haven't figured out why and how Erdwins Lantern fell ( or rather "descended"). Did the black Tockle make it fall? Also in act 3 after you defeat Mordegon in Heliodor Castle , the black Tockle goes to the celestial grounds to fuse with its physical body to become Calasmos again. but why didn't it do that ages ago before Yggdrasil fell and Mordegon claimed the sword of shadows. What was it doing all this time then?

    Is this some sort of plothole or is it explained in the cutscenes that I might have skipped or something?

    submitted by /u/Peachiness102
    [link] [comments]

    Majer spoiler ALERT! I just got to this bit and I'M NOT OK

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 01:58 PM PST

    (DQ XI Postgame Spoilers) Come on Serena don't look at me that way, do you know how long it took to get that outfit?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 05:11 PM PST

    Need help beating gyldygga

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 09:54 AM PST

    My party are level 40

    submitted by /u/sixpathsagemodekirby
    [link] [comments]

    What are the acts in XI and how do they work

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 09:34 AM PST

    I've seen a lot of posts about the separate acts in this game and I was just wondering how they worked. Are they separate purchases, or do they come with game. Are they defined by fans or does it I game say act II. I'm just sorta confused

    submitted by /u/Tookerys
    [link] [comments]

    Dunkey

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 08:33 AM PST

    Are there any spoilers in Dunkey's Dragon quest video?

    submitted by /u/squidsludge
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the gang dancing the night away

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 11:03 AM PST

    Bad hero! Bad! Stop wondering too!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 12:31 PM PST

    Dragon Quest V is just the best

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 06:04 PM PST

    Played it on DS. Nothing more moving than choosing a bride.

    submitted by /u/hmmhmm25
    [link] [comments]

    (DQ XI) Newbie questions

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 08:28 PM PST

    This is my first Dragon Quest game. I am playing the switch version.

    My questions are the following

    1. Do Silver / metal slimes become more common as you raise levels? It seems that as I have been grinding they have becoming more common.

    2. Should I do the side quests as i go through the game or wait to the end game / post game. I am having trouble with the spitzfire / pep power quest.

    3. Do all enemies run away from you if you are a higher level?

    4. All my characters are level 35 and I am currently about to fight the desert monster for the prince. Am I too low level to continue? :p

    submitted by /u/whoami4546
    [link] [comments]

    DQ11 Physically stuck!

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 04:56 AM PST

    So I'm leaving Gotta della Fonte. I walked up to the vine rope thing at the exit, clicked and got on, but now I can't move. If I hold up, I do the climbing graphic, but never go up. Same with down, I do the slide down graphic but don't go anywhere. I can't get off, I can't open any menus. Please halp!

    submitted by /u/SxDragon2
    [link] [comments]

    Sampled a track from Dragon Quest IV to make this beat! Hope you guys like it!

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 01:34 AM PST

    Just made it to postgame. Now, where and how can I do this?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 02:51 PM PST

    DQ Gear?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 02:42 PM PST

    I've managed to get my son hooked on DQ (specifically DQB2) and I'm looking for some places to purchase gear as Xmas gift. Anyone got some good vendors out there that sell this stuff? Shirts and sweaters and so forth?

    submitted by /u/Emrick_Pyre
    [link] [comments]

    Voldemort vs. Calasmos

    Posted: 05 Nov 2019 06:23 AM PST

    Who would win?

    submitted by /u/memermachiner6174
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment