• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 9, 2020

    Dragon Quest just picked these up today (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

    Dragon Quest just picked these up today (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ


    just picked these up today (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:36 AM PST

    Luminary Nendoroid announced at WonFes today!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:14 PM PST

    It really be like that though...

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:10 PM PST

    Just when you think it’s over

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:00 AM PST

    Ingame maps

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:46 AM PST

    I have started a Dragon Quest marathon and I really love it , but one thing really frustrates me to no end tho... Ingame maps. I am currently at Dragon Warrior IV and I have to know when will I have an ingame map.

    submitted by /u/tartrixroar
    [link] [comments]

    Confused slime noises

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 12:38 AM PST

    Sword of Light

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I'm in the postgame and trying to make the sword of light to get the supreme sword of light. I have the Forging Hammer, 2 pieces of Orichalcum from The Battleground and I'm at the crucible. But when I click on the pedestal it says that I'm missing something. I have the recipe for the supreme sword of light from Drustan. Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/Bertiboy05
    [link] [comments]

    I’m going for it. Wish me luck.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:57 PM PST

    What got you to be a fan of the DQ series?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:27 PM PST

    The first game I played was DQ8 on my 3DS. I've played rpgs before (earthbound, super Mario RPG, etc.) , but when I saw the sultry dance attack and then the jailcat staring off, I knew this game was gonna be fun. When there was fun inbetween combat I knew it was going to be a fun game.

    So my question is what game, in what part, in what second, did Dragon Quest click for you? What made you say, "ah yes~ this is a good"?

    submitted by /u/ChillinTillan
    [link] [comments]

    Finally getting somewhere in act 1 just maxed nearly my entire partys attack just rab serena and a bit of veronicas left 600hrs into act 1 not hit phnom nonh yet, thought id post as the grind for pretty betsys is next (gnawchid) . Its amazing as most of the seeds can be farmed in act 1.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:47 PM PST

    DQIII (Nintendo Switch Edition) - No prologue?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

    Just getting into Dragon Quest. Played through I and II, and have started III. I just read that there's apparently a great prologue to the story.

    Any idea how to see this on the Switch? I've tried waiting through the opening credits, the prelude music, etc. So far, nada.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ImRealBig
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:14 AM PST

    It's my birthday coming up (yes I am a teenager) and I've only had the chance to play 8 and 11 because I don't have the consoles for any other games. I have been thinking about maybe getting a ds or 3ds with money I hopefully will get. I want to play games like VII and IX which are on ds but the problem is they will cost a lot. Do you guys think it's worth it to get a cheap second hand one then the games or not?

    submitted by /u/willbland
    [link] [comments]

    Random encounters vs. visible encounters

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:13 AM PST

    Old debate, but why not? All things equal, which do you prefer?


    Random encounters

    Pros:

    • Allows for resource- and risk-management; this keeps dungeons engaging/risky, makes use of skills and items not geared so much for single fights

    • Dovetails with more open design, since allowing players to get lost or hit dead-ends is part of its threat, and it's easy to construct open maps with strong enemies acting as flexible suggestive barriers (less possible if enemies can be dodged, leading to more hard barriers/more heavily enforced linear progression)

    Cons:

    • Can add tedium if the encounter rate is too high

    • Can discourage exploration if the encounter rate is too high

    • Tedious backtracking once the enemies in an area offer no real threat/gameplay engagement

    • Precludes more complex puzzle-based design in dungeons, since the risk of random encounters doesn't pair well with moving about to solve something

    • Lack of verisimilitude in 3D titles with to-scale environments (I'd say not so much in 2D top-down titles where field movement is already representative)

    Visible encounters

    Pros:

    • Verisimilitude in 3D or to-scale titles

    • Allows for more comfortable exploration of individual areas

    • Allows for less tedious backtracking

    • Can allow for more puzzle-oriented dungeon design because of the more comfortable exploration

    • Makes specialized grinding less tedious (item-drop-farming; high EXP-yield enemies, etc.)

    Cons:

    • Doesn't dovetail as well with open field design or maze-like dungeons, since there's no extra risk accompanying extra movement. Also harder/impossible to have an open map if stronger/suggested later-game enemies can be too easily dodged.

    • Largely removes resource-management, which takes a number of roles and technique-usefulness with it. Also just that gameplay rhythm in and of itself.

    • You just ... don't get to fight as much unless you want to go out of your way for it, which people may want to avoid for fear of overleveling, etc. At any rate, it's a bit of a bummer if you enjoy the combat.

    • Adds an element of real-time dodging/maneuvering to fields and dungeons, which prevents the games from being a purely decision-based/pen-and-paper-ish experience.


    Which side do you land on?

    I'm personally largely pro-random encounter, since I prefer the resource-management element it adds (the meat of dungeons can feel a little dry with visible encounters, with the boss being the only big threat), as well as how it works nicely with more open world design. That said, I get some of why people like visible encounters, if not the least of which for the aesthetic dovetailing with 3D titles which have environments closer to scale.

    I would personally take: Visible encounters in 3D titles that are much harder to avoid, or appear more suddenly, than DQ has yet gone for. This would keep most of the design benefits of random encounters while maintaining the world-feel visible ones add to titles in that style. You could also keep the "run away from higher-leveled players" behavior, which would allow for both easy backtracking/voluntary battles on return and threat/forced resource-management on first pass.

    What are your thoughts? This is specifically about their use in DQ, but feel free to bring in other RPGs if relevant.

    submitted by /u/Cipher_-
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure of Dai game predictions

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:06 PM PST

    When they announced the new iteration of the Dai no Daibouken anime, they also confirmed that the popular character of Dai is getting their own dedicated Dragon Quest game. There's absolutely no concrete information aside from a release window of sometime in late 2021, and it will probably stay that way for a while. Still, speculation is a hell of a drug!

    Prediction #1a: This one might come off as a little obvious, but Dai's game definitely won't be Dragon Quest XII, it will be a spin-off.

    Prediction #1b: It will play similar to a mainline game, but on a smaller scale and with a twist to the formula (a la DQ Monsters).

    Prediction #2a: It will be based on the new version of the anime and probably release between it's first and second seasons in Japan.

    Prediction #2b: The story will cover elements from two seasons with new original content bridging the gab between them.

    Prediction #3a: The combat will probably have some kind of weird divisive twist (being a spin-off and all).

    Prediction #3b: You won't have a standard 4 member party.

    These are just some of my personal speculations, feel free to add your own and discuss them!

    submitted by /u/Darkantuan
    [link] [comments]

    Playing DQXI with townsfolk talk tripe is great..

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:07 PM PST

    DQ 11 Voice Drama as mp3?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:01 AM PST

    Does anyone know if the DQ11 voice dramas from the Japanese version of the game can be bought as a drama CD or found online?

    I have the Japanese Gorgeous Edition of the game but I want to be able to listen to the voice drama's on my commute without taking out my switch on the bus.

    submitted by /u/Awkwalax
    [link] [comments]

    How have I never realized this before?? ��

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 04:25 PM PST

    Tickington boss

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:34 AM PST

    I have completed the secret trial and I am thinking about beating the timewyrm. How long does it take to do all the quests and how long for all the pre-timewyrm grinding?

    submitted by /u/HelloImAPotatoGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe it’s just me, but I kinda want a whole team of crimson killing machines..

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:19 PM PST

    Save Editor Help (IX)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:17 AM PST

    I still have my cartridge for dragon quest 9, I was playing it late at night and fell asleep while grinding, I was somewhere around the mid sixties. My DS ran out of charge and I lost a metric ton of progress since I only made quicksaves. I'm now back to low 40s, this was tens of hours of grinding. I would like to know if there is a way to use the save editor to change my level. I know you can change your level, but I don't think it changes your stats. If there's a calculator somewhere out there that would tell me what stats to put in. Please help since I want to keep playing to complete the game (legacy bosses and whatnot) but I can't muster the strength to go through all that grinding again.

    submitted by /u/WranglerOfTheTards27
    [link] [comments]

    Help with DQ11? [PC]

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:37 PM PST

    I've been playing around with the settings to get the game to put out 4K video. I can make it by editing GameUserSettings.ini, but I'm guessing the game still tries to make my 4k monitor switch to 1080P. This gives the effect of taking up both my monitors, but only outputting video on my 4k monitor. If I unplug the 1080P monitor it will successfully launch in 4k. Does anyone know of a patch or some setting I can change to make it work?

    submitted by /u/kingarius1st
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment