• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Dragon Quest The most evil creature in Dragon Quest

    Dragon Quest The most evil creature in Dragon Quest


    The most evil creature in Dragon Quest

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    HELP ME I’M SCARED (DQ8 Final dungeon is the location)

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    Favorite entry in the Dragon Quest series?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    What is everyone's favorite Dragon Quest game and why? For me, it's 8, I love the story and the characters. The Hero's look and outfit is the best of all the Heroes in the series, in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/depthcharge78
    [link] [comments]

    Heckin sobbed in Rab's character story

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    I have never cried so much playing a game in my life but man that hurt a lot. I already teared a little when Rab first told his story but this segment just ended me.

    submitted by /u/evenaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    (OC) Luminary Fanart

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Bestiary Question

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    I am currently attempting to completely 100% Dragon Quest XI on the Nintendo Switch. I know for a fact that after Mordegon takes over, the monsters in the overworld change. I am also sure that the monsters change again after you time travel in the post-game. What if I miss one of the monsters in the previous acts. Would that monster be gone forever and would my Bestiary be forever incomplete?

    submitted by /u/FunShock0
    [link] [comments]

    New to DQ series - top games?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    I own a 3Ds - I've been playing through DQXIII and loving it and now excited to play more. I've played a bit of DQXI on the PS4 at a friends and was blown away. What are peoples top games?

    submitted by /u/yardudeguy
    [link] [comments]

    [DQ8] What do the different colored texts mean when using the alchemy pot?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    I have a question regarding the alchemy system in this game. When using the alchemy pot and looking at recipes, I noticed that some of the text is in green, while the rest is in black. Also when clicking on the recipe, the same goes for the materials it says to use. Some green, some black. What does this mean?

    Also, an unrelated question, does the game have any way to check the status of your characters during battle? To see which buffs are applied and so on? I know DQ11 did have that, but I don't know if this was a thing yet in DQ8.

    Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/OmegaMetroid93
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon quest: you story

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Ok so I just finished watching this and seriously, what the actual fuck did I just watch. That ending was such an insane drug trip!! "Grow up loser" is probably the best and funniest line from the film. My brain has melted!!!!!

    submitted by /u/superepic13579
    [link] [comments]

    Jasper Help

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Hello, does anyone know if it possible to sleep Jasper?

    submitted by /u/jacobyte97
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing to see here

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    (Discussion) Do you think that "The Thorn Lady and the God of Destruction" will be the last story expansion for Dragon Quest X? Here is why i think it is and what it can mean for future.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    Sorry for the long post, but i just thought of something that i would like to share with you guys

    For those who don't know among the traditional JRPG titles of Dragon Quest main series stand a fascinating oddity known as Dragon Quest X, a 2012's MMO still updated to this day which was never published outside of Japan.

    Since i learned of it's existence, I searched the internet for information on it's story as much as i could, even more after it's brief appearence in DQ XI S, which cements without question the world of DQ X as an important part the DQ main mythos. I can't read nor understand japanese and I am not a person that is confortable playing an MMO, so my understanding of the story is perhaps flawed and full of holes in many places (there aren't that many scraps of it in english), but from what i gather all clues point out that the big bad of the most recent (and at this time incomplete) expansion "The Thorn Lady and the God of Destruction" is the same being who's the source of (almost) every problem in DQ X.

    To elaborate, this being, Jagonuba also known as "The Great Source of Darkness", has been hinted since very the beginning as the ultimate source of evil in the DQ X world. In the lore, they are responsible for the disappearence of the Creator Goddess, directly empowered the final antagonists of both the original story and the expansion "the sleeping hero and the guided allies", corrupted in ancient times the being who would become the big bad of "lore of the ancient dragon" (to be fair, he was already kinda of jerk) and was (although very, very indirectly) the source of power for the villain of "the 5000-year journey to the distant hometown". Now, the current expansion has the subtitle "... and the god of destruction" and the recently released update 5.2 revealed that Jagonuba in ancient times abducted members of the other seven sentient races and corrupted them, in order to create the ancestors of the 8th species, the Demons. Furthermore agents working for him are actively creating distress across the demon realm, making the ancient evil more than ever relevant in the main plot and strongly suggesting that they themself will be the last boss encountered in the expansion.

    If Jagonuba really is the final boss planned for the expansion, it will be the perfect opportunity to conclude the main story of DQ X. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to spoil the fun of its player base but DQ X is a game that at this point is almost 8 years old and for what i can gather it didn't sell really well compared to the other main titles of the series, especially because of its japanese exclusivity. I'm not so sure that continuing active development for a title with this circunstances is the best decision, both from a creative and a business standpoint. Ending it's main story now would wrap it up with a nice bow and be very much in vein with the spirit of many other main titles, with a final showdown aganist a primordial source of all evil, letting Square-Enix move most of the main staff currently working on X to other projects, only needing to keep a minimal personel to occasionaly release minor bug fixes, seasonal events etc. until they decide to shut down the servers.

    Furthermore, and this is my major hope, if the story reaches its conclusion, the fabled "DQ X international offline mode" that many western fans have been asking for years can much more effectively become possible. Now more that ever, with the DQ series is becoming more popular in the west, the game can be re-released and retooled to be a standard JRPG, in the same vein as all other main titles have been in the course of years remastered and released on different consoles, potentially transforming a somewhat disappointing initial sale in something more of success. Since the story would be too long for a single narrative, its numerous expansions can become either DLC or different episodes, much like how the Final Fantasy VII Remake is tackling it's narrative.

    Of course, even if this re-release becomes possible, it will probably not happen any time soon, as A) nobody knows how many parts the current expansion will be composed of B) each part releases a few months after the previous C) It takes time to reinvent an MMO in a functional single player JRPG.

    These are my speculations and wishes, and I hope to hear what you think about it. Do you think DQ X is near the end of it's Story, and if so does it facilitate a western re-release? Are you even interested in a western release at all or would you rather that they move on completly on the next numbered title?

    submitted by /u/Tanawy
    [link] [comments]

    Cetacea IRL

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Where to buy the soundtracks

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I hope this is ok for this sub.

    I've fallen in love with the soundtracks of these games, and I'm having a hard time finding them online. Does anyone know where I can get ahold of the cds?

    I've found one Japanese website which I might be able to use to import the XI soundtrack but I'm unsure if it's legit/ never done anything like that before. All of the copies on eBay seem overpriced compared to the import.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Creepierleaf44
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest at TGS 2020?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    Even though this years TGS will be streamed, for the SE booth do you think DQ will make an appearance? Personally hope for a DQ IV - VI collection(I hope it includes the PS2 version of V remastered) on Switch and DQ XII information.

    submitted by /u/Punisher_MAX
    [link] [comments]

    I have a physical copy of DQ5 for the DS (BNIB). Should I sell it or play it?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    I've been a game collector for a few months now. The other day, I found my BINB copy of DQ5 for the DS while cleaning my room. Should I resell it? Or do you guys recommend I keep it? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/WildStarman
    [link] [comments]

    DQ11 Difficulty

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    Normal or Draconian? I like semi hard games, not games so much like Dark Souls but definitely not as easy as Sword and Shield. Should I go for Draconian? Does it have a ridiculous amount of grinding later on? I'm guessing it would be about the same as Dragon Quest 1 difficulty wise, where you aren't getting one not while farming but it also isn't a mindless grind

    submitted by /u/xstar03
    [link] [comments]

    Got a question for the collectors out there

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    I've always heard how awesome Dragon Quest V (DS) is, and I finally was able to find a copy. The thing is, it's still sealed. Should I keep this one sealed and keep looking for a loose one? Or just open it and play? I'm not much of a collector myself.

    submitted by /u/FatherGiraffe
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest 7 Class System Mechanics

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    80 hours in on DQ7. really enjoying it but its long af. i really wish i had understood the class system a litttle better before playing. i feel like now im doing a lot of late-game catching up on upgrading my characters. i already cant wait to play through this game again an a couple years and actually do the the class upgrades in a timely manner

    submitted by /u/newm2008
    [link] [comments]

    My first play through. Might be worth a watch :)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    100% Dragon Quest XI Help

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    I have recently played through Dragon Quest XI for the first time on Nintendo Switch. I absolutely adore the game! I want to try and COMPLETELY 100% the game. What do I need for full completion?

    submitted by /u/FunShock0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment