• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 24, 2021

    Dragon Quest Found another Crono in the wild! (I'm the one on the right) #localizeDQX

    Dragon Quest Found another Crono in the wild! (I'm the one on the right) #localizeDQX


    Found another Crono in the wild! (I'm the one on the right) #localizeDQX

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    The city streets are packed tonight!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    There are no other Dragon Quest games where you can cosplay as Indiana Jones, in DQX you can design very cool outfits and use them as cosmetical only, that way you can play the game with style without losing armor stats! #LocalizeDQX

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    I made Eight out of Construction Paper

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    I love this game, so I did everything. (Vanilla DQXI)

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    DQ12 ideas/wishlist

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 08:25 AM PDT

    For me, the main line dragon quest games are like comfort food. You know what you're getting, and it's surefire hearty thing to experience. Straying away too much from the DQ formula is for the side games like DQBuilders, etc, IMO. I would like to speculate and throw some ideas of what features I would like to see in a new DQ game. Share some of yours below!

    1. Customizable main hero. Choose your gender, color, height, weight, vocation, age/race (if you can play other than humans in the lore)

    2. Silent hero. Dialouge options like in Skyrim would atleast give us both more characterization for them and chance to roleplay as them.

    3. Main 4 party team, and up to 8-12 members. Swapable both off battle and mid battle like in DQ12. Maybe 11-12th slot can include a recruitable monster/custom ally like DQ5/DQ9.

    4. Party members that contribute to the story, and have personalities with them.

    5. Job system. Each vocation has trees like for Warriors (sword/spear/fisticuffs/shield/courage) but each party member has their own unique tree that makes them stand out. So you can have (example) Serena as a Paladin, but she can still excell at support magic, thus making her unique, having her customizable and making it still fit her character/attitude of being a healer.

    6. Some bosses/dungeons require you to have 2-3 full parties defeating them. Ala Suikoden/Final Fantasy 6

    7. Explore the open world and able to build a main headquarters/town.

    8. Minigames apart from racing and gambling

    9. Other battle modes aside from the usual battle type. Like sometimes you get to do a tactical army battle. Or protect your base/a town

    10. I don't want to be another chosen one. I want to just be a plain dude who somehow got dragged into the main plot but worked/trained their way up to become powerful.

    11. A variety of music per town/dungeon.

    12. Marriage system. Expanded. Maybe?

    13. Cosmetic. In DQqotS, you can equip anything you like cosmetically while keeping your normal high stats gear unseeable. Also costume sets!

    Anyway this getting long lol. Any thoughts? Ofc all the other goodies like open world, overworld enemies, random sea battles, alchemy pot/crafting mini game, mounts, flying/boats, end game stuffs, random dungeons in end game, monster arena, PARTY TALK, puff-puffs <3, etc.

    submitted by /u/aymanpalaman
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite abilities/skills in the series! What are some of yours?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    Just wondering, because I realized I'm really fond of certain skills in the series. My favorites have to be:

    Multifists - I always beeline towards these kinds of skills because they're both deadly and stylish. Not to mention insanely versatile. Cheap, aoe (which admittedly can be detrimental), big single target damage, and good for metal slimes!

    Boulder Toss - Yeah I'm showing my Martial Artist bias here. This move always does wonders on larger enemy groups and I remember using it all the time in 6 I think. Also, visually it's just ridiculous.

    Helm Splitter - I love me some defense debuffs, and they're thankfully very noticeable and useful for bosses! Thanks Enix! I love that it can give my axe user a bit more of a support role.

    Caduceus - Who doesn't love cheap healing? It's great when you just don't feel like being aggressive with your spell caster and want to keep your party in top shape.

    Hustle Dance - Speaking of cheap healing, I probably don't need to go over how awesome Hustle Dance is. In many games it's straight up broken.

    Cutting Edge - Gotta mention a couple 11 exclusives. So much mileage out of this move. I basically used it from start to finish. Strong, and feels badass as hell to use.

    That's Amore - Stupid sexy Sylvando. The way he moves when he charges and shoots it out is just great, and it does surprisingly solid damage. I used this move a lot.

    There are probably more but I'm not trying to write a definitive list, just some abilities I'm fond of that came to mind. I'm curious about other people's favorites! Maybe there are some great moves I've been sleeping on.

    submitted by /u/mesupaa
    [link] [comments]

    Tara has finally come home...

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Stoppes by my local second-hand game store today and found a steal for $20!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    About to start the first Dragon Quest for the first time. Any advice before venturing off?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 05:10 AM PDT

    DQB2 is hard to get into.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    i'm not much of a creative type and I got past the prison section before I quit playing. I don't enjoy it that much and I can't trade it in because a family member got it for me as well as a switch, am I just playing it wrong?

    submitted by /u/CatchTheRainbow1999
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest, Rondo of Court | Kalimba Tutorial

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    DQMJ2 PRO english progress

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    I saw there was some progress on it some months (or more) ago, so, is this active or something?

    submitted by /u/NineKain
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Playlist of DQXI Symphonic OST

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    A few months ago, I would listen to a playlist on YouTube of the symphonic version soundtrack of Dragon Quest XI. It had all the best songs in 30 minute loops. This playlist singlehandedly made me endure countless hours of studying and homework, I have a great connection with this music. There are still some 30 min loop versions of a few songs but those are not the symphonic-orchestral versions unfortunately.

    I guess the playlist that I am referring to got copyright striked or the uploaders account was deleted, I'm not entirely sure.

    If anyone can help me find the playlist or send me the .mp4 files or a soundcloud or Spotify link, anything at all that would be amazing!

    Thanks and much love for the game!

    submitted by /u/toren805
    [link] [comments]

    DQ 11 In A Nutshell

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    This is so nostalgic for me, I remember seeing DQ4 the highest priced game on this list as I was playing the original trilogy as a kid and couldn't wait to play it.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    After 9741 hands I finally got it, so happy right now!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    New to Dragon Quest so I need advice

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    I have never played Dragon Quest but I definitely want to get into the series. I am aware that there are different versions of DQ games available on the PS4 (I currently own the PS5) and the Switch so I was wondering what versions I should get. I am referring to DQ builders 1 and 2 and also DQ XI. Any advice would help tremendously and thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Gamatatsu_
    [link] [comments]

    Considering DQB2 since there's a Steam sale going, but never played anything like it.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 02:37 AM PDT

    Is DQB2 popular among DQ fans, or is it mostly a Minecraft mod? I never played Minecraft but I know it from some friends who used to play. I'm not very much into just staying in the same place building up and crafting a base, I'd like some adventure, some farming, boss encounters, finding gear, some story, etc. Does DQB2 offer any of these elements or should I save my money? I'm also considering getting DQXI:S so I don't want to spend too much. (I already have DQXI, just not this version, but if I don't get DQB2 then I think I'll go for another run at DQXI with the new edition, it's been a while since it came out and I think I'd enjoy a 2nd run).

    submitted by /u/flydales
    [link] [comments]

    It's always the first thing on the menu

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    All but bottom IX still sealed.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:27 PM PDT

    Part 3 question DQ11 Spoilers

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment