• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 5, 2019

    Dragon Quest [MOCK-UP] Ever since getting into the series a few months ago, I've wanted to try out DQVIII but I've never really had the means to play it so I made this mockup of what a potential Switch port's cover art could look like!

    Dragon Quest [MOCK-UP] Ever since getting into the series a few months ago, I've wanted to try out DQVIII but I've never really had the means to play it so I made this mockup of what a potential Switch port's cover art could look like!


    [MOCK-UP] Ever since getting into the series a few months ago, I've wanted to try out DQVIII but I've never really had the means to play it so I made this mockup of what a potential Switch port's cover art could look like!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:55 AM PDT

    Illuminati confirmed

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    [DQ11S] I'm making a list of all instances Japanese voices come through on the English track on mistake.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    Some folks have brought this up before, but information is a bit scattered. I'm adding as I play and notice things, so if there's cutscenes I missed, please let me know.

    For those that don't know, the game was dubbed in English first when it was released last year for the West, and the Switch version added Japanese voice overs. But for some reason during their process, certain English gasps/grunts in cutscenes were either replaced with Japanese ones, or outright removed. It's especially noticeable during the Phnom Nonh cutscenes, as it happens for entire cutscenes there.

    I'm not able to look at the game files (yet), but I bet either the container that holds the audio clips for gasp/grunts for cutscenes is missing in English, or whatever flow the game uses during certain scenes aren't directly pointing to the English files. Hopefully it can get fixed in a patch.

    If anybody can help out on the best way to relay this information in order to make it known, I appreciate it. I figured if people can complain about a feather and get it removed from Smash Bros, there must be a way to send info to help fix other things.

    Here's the growing list. I include links to compare to the PS4 version, (thank you person who uploaded all cutscenes). As well as what's off about it. Please keep in mind of your audio levels. Since by default the game is very loud.

    If there's any I missed or those you've noticed, please let me know. Also, view at your own discretion if you're wary of spoilers.

    Act 1

    And hopefully there can be a patch to remove the function of proceeding dialog text with the left stick. I saw people complain about it over here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/joy-con-drifting-will-make-your-dragon-quest-xi-journey-not-a-very-pleasant-one-moving-the-stick-skips-cutscene-dialogue.143658/

    And I agree with it. The reason this happened is because of a post-launch patch on PS4/PC that made it so WASD and the Left Stick can proceed dialog: https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/dragon-quest-xi-patch-announcement

    But they didn't have the foresight in realizing how sensitive sticks can be, especially since joy-con drift is a thing.

    Why am I doing this? IDK, I probably care too much.

    submitted by /u/Jacien_V
    [link] [comments]

    The Hero from Dragon Quest VIII is my favourite I just love the character design and outfit nice colourful colors and of course it's my favourite Dragon Quest game. I'm thinking of cosplaying as him next year at the Comic Con.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    Really Enjoying Dragon Quest XI: S

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:07 AM PDT

    They've made a huge amount of changes to the game. Cutscenes are skippable now, there is an option to speed up battles in case, you know, you played the game on PS4 when it came out. You can set outfits so that you don't have to show off Jade's sex appeal if the bunnysuit is the best equipment for her atm. Or you can choose to show off Jade's sex appeal if the bunnysuit isn't the best equipment for her. Don't judge. You can call your horse from anywhere instead of just at bells. You can even use the "+" button to bring up a quick menu for skills like Nose For Treasure. You can even call your horse from this menu if the inventory menu is too cumbersome.

    There are a boatload of quality of life changes made here. Even if you don't count being able to play this game mobile (I do. I have two hour-long bus rides to and from my college every day of the week) then everyone appreciates more content in this version. The ever-pleasant tockles feel like a perfect fit for tone of the game. They're super cute and have this simple charm to them. They give you new quest and there may or may not be a secret boss or something. Idk, I haven't gotten that far yet. They even went as to not only add a 2D version of the game but update the menus and character builder in it to be more retro.

    Holy crap are there a lot of changes in this game just in the first twenty or so hours of the game. I can't wait to see the new character arcs that got added for every character. Also on a last note, Serena best girl. Luminary out.

    submitted by /u/Hungry-san
    [link] [comments]

    Overwhelmed with items/stats. Does auto equip actually work?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    I just started act 2. No spoilers please.

    I have no idea how to track items and what is truly best. I feel like I'll equip an accessory and then keep it for hours of game time because new stuff I pick up doesn't show ad better (stats are red). Is that just a comparison of the stat in question?

    Does auto equip actually work? I feel like it never suggests new accessories, only weapons.

    I also can't figure out if I should just focus on a core stat per person? The guides are confusing and the game never explains what charm or magical mending is

    I LOVE this game so far but feel like my equipment choices or lack thereof are unsustainable...

    submitted by /u/TurbulentEmployer
    [link] [comments]

    Got overexcited at the last minute >.<

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:10 AM PDT

    So Dragon Quest 2 for the Switch is only the second video game I've ever played, and I love it so far. I started tackling the lighthouse this week and took most of yesterday painstakingly traversing it and figuring out where everything was. I was ONE STAIRCASE AWAY from where the star sigil is..... and I got too excited and fell off the edge. Took the rest of the day to rage clean and vent my frustration by helping my partner, who's several levels behind me, find some keys and stuff. Today I'm going to start again and I figured you guys would understand my pain haha.

    submitted by /u/sailorkelly
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest X

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:25 AM PDT

    Anyone know any way to play Dragon Quest x in the UK? I don't mind if the game is in Japanese, I just want to download jt

    submitted by /u/alluringnight
    [link] [comments]

    Was it in the PS4/Steam Version of DQ11? <Spoilers>

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    Heya, Currently playing through the Switch version of DQ11 and loving every second!

    I was just curious if the events that happen after the World Tree in the switch version (where you basically play as every party member) happen in the PS4/Steam versions? I was following a guide (just for item clean up and quests) and I found the guides I was using kind of just skipped over those parts. And since the Guide was for the PS4 version I was wondering if these events are new to the Switch version?

    submitted by /u/nuttyinks
    [link] [comments]

    About to reenter Erdrea, any changes I need to know?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    I had played the original release not long ago but stopped in the "post game" after a point when I learned of limited option of a certain something so when I learned that limit was gone in S along with the other new content I got it.

    My real question though, any major changes I need to know? Specifically can I use the same guide and more importantly same Mini Medal guide. I haven't seen any updated guides so hopefully it's the same but I do want for sure.

    Anyone willing to offer advice/insight?

    submitted by /u/Luminous777
    [link] [comments]

    Which to get first, I, II or III?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    I've played various DQ titles on the DS. Sentinels of the starry skies, journey of the cursed king and fragments of the forgotten past. I'm currently playing XI but would like to play the other titles I've never played. Which of the 3 on the Switch Eshop would you say is the best to get?

    submitted by /u/Bluebear255
    [link] [comments]

    Grinding near the end of 3? (Switch)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    I don't think I can get around grinding for Zoma. My party is late to mid 30's. Beat the first 3 bosses EASILY, but Zoma kicked my ass, he just does too much AOE. Is his castle the best spot to grind? Anyone beat him yet, wanna let me know your Hero's level?

    I understand bosses acted as "Checks" throughout the game, but its annoying that the rest of the game has been so smoothed to not require grinding, but then a boss, especially this one, seems like it may require a few hours of grinding.

    submitted by /u/Adidas86
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Erik story boss.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    The Indignus fight in Erik's story kills me after 2 turns every time no matter what i do. The only time i can get a little past that is if I luckily dodge once or twice but even then thats not enough. Is there a way to choose when to dodge attacks or something because theres nothing I can do right now. The only video on youtube doesn't help. Anyone know what to do?

    Edit: I've been stuck on this boss for over 2 hours somebody please help me.

    Edit 2: There is literally nothing I can do. I'm permanently soft locked. I just want to get back to the main story. Fuck this.

    submitted by /u/UnnamedUser03
    [link] [comments]

    Here's some HD Dragon Quest XI (PS4/3DS) wallpapers for PC. These were shared by Square Enix JP before the game came out there.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 03:39 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest 11; I’m level 23, trying to get to level 30. What’s the most efficient way to do so?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Trying to grind for the tentacular right

    submitted by /u/PlatinumGamer55
    [link] [comments]

    Is the voice drama in dqxi in the normal switch version?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    I cant seem to see for sure anywhere ?or is it only on the collectors edition?

    submitted by /u/teamgizzy
    [link] [comments]

    Funny thought about final scene with Ortega in 3.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:51 AM PDT

    It's cracked me up each time I play this that its supposed to be an epic scene, FINALLY finding your father, as he's dying, his last words for you, even when he doesn't recognize you...

    And then you just keep walking.

    submitted by /u/Adidas86
    [link] [comments]

    Rewards for Ticklington? DQXIS

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:03 PM PDT

    does anyone know if there is any unique rewards from completing all the pastwords etc? or maybe a new costume? i just cant seem to motivate myself to play through all the 16bit graphics if there's nothing to work for... thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/Fuyonoko
    [link] [comments]

    The flee success rate in XI is too low!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    I swear, I always have to try fleeing 3 or 4 times before it finally works.

    submitted by /u/ClaudeFrollo1986
    [link] [comments]

    Is there no Japanese physical release for the I,II,III on Switch?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    Looking at play Asia the physical version of the Dragon Quest trilogy that supports English appears to an Asian version, not a Japanese version as shown by the Chinese rating on the box and a jack of Japanese language support.

    While looking at Play Asia in the Japanese pre order section there is no Dragon Quest trilogy listed. Is this physical version not coming to Japan at all? I realize this Japaneseless version won't be in Japan, but is Japan not getting their own version of this physical release?

    submitted by /u/soulxhawk
    [link] [comments]

    pastwords in xi

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:29 AM PDT

    anyone have or know of a list of pastword locations? from what i know these only came into existence with the switch release of dragon quest xi, so if there's nothing yet i'll understand, but i really want 'em.

    submitted by /u/jupesjupi
    [link] [comments]

    Planning to play DQIII after XI-S. SFC or Switch?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    I bought the I-II-III switch collection mainly to support the IP, but I'm trying to decide wether I'll play through the SNES fan translated port or the Switch remake. Looking for some advice from people who've played both.

    I'm not interested in mobile ports.

    submitted by /u/HiDk
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a Nintendo Switch lite

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:09 AM PDT

    Do you think I should wait until black Friday when there might be better deals or do you think it is cheap enough already with game bundles. I don't really have experience on getting a game console on black Friday are the deals really any better ? I'm from the UK by the way so the deals might differ from the US.

    submitted by /u/pinkowl22
    [link] [comments]

    DQIX mobile port?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:37 AM PDT

    I remember seeing news at the start of the year over talks on DQIX coming to mobile and i was wondering if its still going to happen as it was my favourite game as a kid and i would love to relive the experience.

    submitted by /u/ZeusCannon9000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment