• Breaking News

    Monday, June 14, 2021

    Dragon Quest GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD

    Dragon Quest GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD


    GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    I 3d printed two versions of Jade

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    The Secret Ingredient

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 11:50 PM PDT

    There is a strange cognitive dissonance between the moments of profound sadness and themes of mortality put into Dragon Quest, and the campy, cartoonish nature of its universe.

    It's off putting for a lot of people, especially those who didn't grow up with it, or even moreso, those who grew up with its direct reaction, Final Fantasy.

    But to me it represents a refreshing role reversal for media, and for the world that we know. Dragon Quest is a kind of existential escapism in that, while our lives consist mostly of suffering interspersed with moments of levity to break it up, dragon quest is the exact opposite. It is a universe in which the human experience is defined by a baseline of humor and good cheer, interspersed with moments of suffering.

    Tragic relief, as opposed to comic relief.

    And I think this just might be the secret ingredient that keeps me coming back when the real world is too much to bear.

    submitted by /u/Entropality
    [link] [comments]

    Damn, gonna call us out like that...

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    Playing DQ11 3DS is just perfect because it feels more cute to me the art style !

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    Gotta love it

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    Dragon Quest 35th Anniversary Retrospective

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    Square Enix expo at E3 2021 left me wanting DQ

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I was really excited to see the Square Enix expo at E3, but was disappointed when I didn't get to see my favorite game series talked about at all. I absolutely LOVE the Dragon Quest Monsters series, and I have been really craving a new one; has there been any information at all about a new one for US? I really am holding hope for this series, because it was my favorite game back when I had Cobi's Journey on the Gameboy.

    Sorry if this is a redundant question, I just really want new info.

    submitted by /u/TheSirWellington
    [link] [comments]

    Already a month.. DQ9VR Update

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    The dog days what?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    Right mind set for dragon quest?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    Anyone believe you need the right mindset for dragon quest? Like get yourself prepared to play one? know you need the right mind set for a lot of games, but for me I have to be for dragon quest the most. Like Have to expect a lot of dragon quest traditions. The gameplay being simple, old school story telling, getting kicked in the balls when 3 metal slimes flee, and what have you. Was wondering if anyone feels this way towards dragon quest when starting DQ.

    submitted by /u/Jake_Leonheart96
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest VII - "Memories of a Lost World" Pokemon GBA Style

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 10:52 PM PDT

    where do I get the early Flowing dress in DQ5

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 09:32 AM PDT

    got my hands on the ds remake and I married Deborah. where is the guard supposed to be in Gotha Pass?

    submitted by /u/CatchTheRainbow1999
    [link] [comments]

    Played DQ11, loved it. Playing through DQ11 S now, and I'm probably the only one who cares, but they did dirty one of the bosses.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    The final boss in Act 2 in the original game is "Lord of Shadows" (the skeleton with the horns) and "Mordragon" (the... dragon skeleton). I really like the wordplay with that and though was perfect little surprise after you beat Roid Rage Mordegon. I just beat them in 11 S and they renamed the bosses to "Mordragon" (horn boy) and "Mordragon's Tail".... that is SO LESS COOL. Again, probably the only one who cares, but UUUUUUUUUUUGH I HATE IT.

    That's all, I just wanted to rant.

    submitted by /u/kdebones
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the bois

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    Picking up DQVII- need a refresher

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys

    So I bought DQVII a few years back but I never got round to finishing it. I have recently been playing through DQXI recently and have been loving it and wanna go back and finish DQVII afterwards.

    However I am rusty on the story and scared of googling or checking wiki for spoilers. Iirc I was stuck in the dungeon u get sent to and lose all spells when trying to get access to the class system. I got frustrated in that dungeon which is why I dropped it.

    Can someone give me a rundown of the story so far to that point and also any tips ont he dungeon so I can get past the original road block?

    submitted by /u/qifar78
    [link] [comments]

    Which DQ games would you like to see re-released and/or remade?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    I personally would like to see Dragon Quest VII refreshed and look at sharp as DQ11 does. I also really enjoyed DQ9 and think it would look awesome if done in the graphic style as DQ 8 & 11. DQ 4 is also in that pile, but 8 is ranked number one for me. 😉

    submitted by /u/LadyKimera
    [link] [comments]

    Was Dragon Quest 11 2D also made in Unreal Engine 4? Not sure Unreal Engine 4 limitations and how it works.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    Riding the Motivation Train

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    Finally done with DQ11! It was super fun, and I'll probably revisit it in…a couple months lol (I dunno why I like material gathering so much). But I'm still in a Dragon Quest-y mood and haven't really gotten too deep into the other games, so I wanted to ask which I should play next. I have started 4, 7, and 8, but then got distracted by 11. I also started 9 but I have no friends, so that's on the backburner indefinitely.

    (Tips are also appreciated :) )

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AUselessMage
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get a +3 from a Seed of Agility on DQIV mobile?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    I'm going crazy. It's just a matter of principal at this point. I don't even need +3 Agility. But why in the hell have I reset my game 60+ times and not gotten a +3 from this seed yet? Is RNG based on inputs like in older RPGs? Is it possible, or are they locked at +2 being the max? Does it lock you out of max boosts if you quick save before hand? I've been sitting here closing, reloading, and using a seed of agility for the last hour.

    submitted by /u/mechatangerine
    [link] [comments]

    The Sizzling Stone & The Hero.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Dragon Quest:The Adventure of Dai × Demon Slayer:Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 03:42 PM PDT

    Is it possible to do quests from Act 2 after a certain post game event? (Spoilers for DQ11)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    So I've reached the Tower of Lost Time and I wonder if I can still do sidequests that were found in Act 2 after I rewind time.

    submitted by /u/MRA-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment