• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 8, 2019

    Dragon Quest Trust me, it'll work.

    Dragon Quest Trust me, it'll work.


    Trust me, it'll work.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 05:16 AM PDT

    Got those shiny beauties for my gf on ebay, she only played IX and XI but she loved it!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 12:23 AM PDT

    Hitting the button on 100 coin slots to get that 750k token whip

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 05:20 AM PDT

    Finally got my switch bundle today. I’m so happy!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest Collection. My gf is fuming ��

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    Sylvando needs them honey.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:25 AM PDT

    Starting my first Dragon Quest game! :)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    Relatable

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    [OC] The Angel Slime is so adorable, I couldn’t resist drawing it!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    I guess I’ll post mine too...

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:10 PM PDT

    The hero draws near!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest Builders 2 Fan Art by にわとり

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    Took me until today to try entering the king's bedroom in Ascantha.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:12 PM PDT

    About to start my first playthrough of Dragon Quest III.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    I'm thoroughly enjoying DQ11S but didn't expect the music to be so dissapointing

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    This is my first DQ.

    Gameplay and story are great but 20 hours in and I feel like I've heard only 5-6 musics, each one being a 30-45sec loop at most. This is terrible by JRPG standards and unexpected for a game with such great reputation.

    I've installed the DQ8 soundtrack which helps (the default fanfare is extremely jarring) but it doesn't change the fact that there is barely any variety

    Having just come from XC2, it's a huge step down. I mean come on FF9 had a 10min loop for its overworld theme

    Won't stop me from spending 80 more hours on the game but damn.. Impressed that people suffered through the synthetized version until now

    submitted by /u/TheQGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first Japanese Dragon Quest game

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 03:11 PM PDT

    A note on the orchestral music (DQXI)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    Mandatory Sugiyama is a terrible person disclaimer.

    For those wondering about why certain tracks are not using the orchestral version, allow me to provide an explanation.

    Firstly, this kinda all goes back to the international versions of DQVIII, which was notable for the inclusion of a fully orchestral soundtrack (this and it's visuals were the two biggest points of praise at the time). Now, it seems that every DQ game gets an orchestral arrangement concert (usually by the Tokyo Philharmonic), which is the version of the soundtrack made commercially available. In the case of DQVIII, this recording took place between the Japanese and western versions being released, and so was used for the international versions, along with the addition of voice acting. DQXI only added the voice acting to the initial western release, which made the synth soundtrack stand out pretty badly in certain places.

    So, the orchestral soundtrack was NOT recorded specifically for the definitive edition, nor indeed to be used as an in game soundtrack. When you get to part 2, you'll be able to hear the orchestral version of Sylvando's theme on the world map, but in all cutscenes, the synth version is used; this is because the version arranged for the concert plays at about half the tempo of the original, removing the manic energy it would need to impart in cutscenes.

    submitted by /u/Granas3
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest XI noob question [PS4]

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 05:47 AM PDT

    Hey guys I just start playing my first ever Dragon Quest game and there's some things that I wanted to know:

    - How do I know the turn order? Who is gonna attack next and stuff.

    - There's a way to see the enemy HP?

    - A character is limited by certain types of weapon?

    I played only 30 minutes so far (adult life sucks lol) with enemies super strong so any tips are welcome :)

    Thanks everyone in advance!

    submitted by /u/Xoritos
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a boss (spoiler)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    Hey all!

    I've been super struggling with the Gloomnivore. I was sitting around levels 38-39 before, and I lost my entire party a few times.

    I have been grinding a bit, now sitting at levels 41-43, everyone with platinum armor +2 and platinum helms +2-3, and Rab with the robes and crown of Dundrasil all +3, which has boosted everyone's armor quite a bit.

    I guess what I want to know before I jump back into the fight is, what level should I shoot for, and should I forge anything specific for my party members to make the battle easier? The Restless Knight fight was super easy, I was taken by surprise at how difficult the Gloomnivore was.

    submitted by /u/someguywholikesJRPGs
    [link] [comments]

    DQ3 Party Recommendation?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    I just beat dq3 literally YESTERDAY but I want to play again already lol, My first playthrough was on the IOS Port with Hero, Fighter, Cleric, Mage (Turned sage).

    For this current playthrough I want to play Hero Warrior Thief and Cleric. Think this is good? And when I get to class changes what should I do? This playthrough will be on GBC.

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/squidsludge
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon quest bosses be like

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest XI was absolutely worth buying again.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    I already 100% the game on my PC last year so it was a toss up whether I wanted to buy the Switch version or not. But after beating it again, with all the new cutscenes, story events, and especially the new additions to a certain wish, I definitely don't regret buying it for a second time. Anyone who still hasn't bought it should definitely do so. It's worth it in my opinion!

    submitted by /u/Mrcubanbear
    [link] [comments]

    Link to a page/video containing all armors for companions that have the switch variants/recolors?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment