• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 3, 2019

    Dragon Quest The Luminary - Art by 蒼井春樹

    Dragon Quest The Luminary - Art by 蒼井春樹


    The Luminary - Art by 蒼井春樹

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 01:14 AM PST

    I've been searching these for years but I finally added them to my collection! :)

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 05:30 AM PST

    [DQWalk] Why isn’t it international yet? I returned from Japan today

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 11:34 PM PDT

    130 Hours later but finally finished with DQ11S

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 05:03 AM PST

    I came, I saw...

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 08:45 AM PST

    I conquered all 8 Draconian Quests at once: https://imgur.com/QtTGMef

    Urrgh! I'm just glad it's all over and at least I can end the week on a high. Now to cure the party of some restrictions and enjoy the rest of the game.

    Anyone who tries this had better have healthy vocal cords, because I guarantee you that you'll be cursing at the screen whenever something bad happens.

    submitted by /u/DarkPaladinII
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Dragon Quest 1 on iOS and man, what a cool game.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 01:25 AM PDT

    So, this is currently the busiest most stressful few weeks of my life, and DQ1 has been the most perfect escape. It's such a simplistic yet deceptively engaging little game. I thought that having a jrpg without much story would make for a less than engaging experience but I was way wrong.

    The game geniusly paces level-ups so that you're consistently pushing forward into harder and harder battles, but you become stronger quickly. Often it feels like you're way too under leveled for the area you're trying to get to, so you have to make these mad dashes to strong holds. Going from being killed to barely surviving to effectively beating monsters gives a deep satisfaction . Nothing beats the feeling of the first time you can one-shot kill an enemy you used to be deathly afraid of.

    I have become so familiar with Alefgard that I feel somewhat at home there. It has been a very immersive fun time.

    I highly suggest the iOS port. Getting to play for 20 minutes here and there was a great way to incrementally progress and certainly improved the days.

    Would you recommend skipping DQ2 and jumping straight into 3? I've heard it's a pretty divisive entry.

    submitted by /u/Mr_doodlebop
    [link] [comments]

    I have some questions for the third act concerning progression. This is my first Dragon Quest game, so take it easy on me.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 08:00 AM PST

    1.) When it comes to Calasmos, what level should I aim to be at before challenging him? Don't tell me about how the fight works. I want to experience that chaos without any knowledge of the fight itself, but I don't want to struggle getting halfway through the first phase (I'm pretty sure Calasmos has two phases since he's the final final boss) and get slaughtered in the second phase after making it through the first with sheer luck.

    2.) Where's a good place to grind for money? I hear of an enemy that drops a shield you can sell for 30k, but that's about all that I know.

    3.) I don't know how to get the hammer from Gallopolis to forge a second Sword of Light. Is that post-Calasmos or is there some quest line I'm missing? I've helped Prince Faris with getting pep pips, and when I talk to the Sultan, all he says is that I picked a dark time to see him, people are in despair because of the star, and that my participation in the horse races would be greatly appreciated.

    4.) Where can I find Crimsonite? I plan on forging the Supreme Sword of Light. Is this a post-Calasmos material?

    5.) I happened to get the Corsair's Cap from Gyldygga in Act 2, but never got the coat. I just want to complete the set for the style. Is it obtainable in Act 3? I ask this because I didn't know it was a fashion item as well until after Mordegon in Act 3.

    submitted by /u/LloydTheZorua
    [link] [comments]

    A quick and easy way to get her back in your party

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    What exactly do you mean by that Erik?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 06:16 AM PST

    When you forget to save before a boss battle and lose everything.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    WTF? Did that medal disappear?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 08:46 AM PST

    So, I'm playing through Dragon Quest V. I'm about to run into a minor spoiler-y monster. I'm in Lodestar Harbor and I'm collecting mini medals and one is nowhere to be found.

    04MM Lodestar Harbour......Hidden in the flowers to the right of the church.

    I thought that I inadvertently missed the medal back in Coburg, but I backtracked there. That is not the case.

    Is this an isolated incident? Is there something I could do to make it reappear?

    submitted by /u/AurulentAvenger
    [link] [comments]

    Perspectives on DQXI

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 07:29 AM PST

    Dragon Quest 11 is my first DQ game, and Im struggling with it a bit. It seems very linear, and as of 8 hours in, it doesn't feel like there's a whole lot to do besides battles and following the cut scenes (I like forging though). Before I get attacked by a downvote party or a mob of sarcasm, I realize that this sounds like sacrilege on this sub. So, what I'm asking for is advice and other perspectives.

    • Does the game get more open?
    • Are there puzzles or mysteries for the player to solve?
    • Are there more diverse activities to look forward to?
    • Am I just approaching this game from the wrong perspective?

    Your kindness in replies is appreciated in advance. I'm not here to dump on a game that people love. I want to love it to, and I need to hear why others love it.

    submitted by /u/sandomramples
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, finally done with DQIII for real - Shinryuu/Xenlon 14-turn victory

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 02:32 AM PST

    DQ11 Post-Game Questions

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    Alright so I'm at the post game and did the Nautica sidequest and mostly everything related to the conch's directions. My party is currently at level 62-65

    1-I wanna defeat the Auroral Serpent but it keeps kicking my butt. Any good strategies and what level should I be?

    2-Drustan's 3rd trial is giving me problems, I can beat it but not in the amount of turns required. Any good strategies and what level should I be?

    3-I'm at the final Wheel of Harma trial but having troubles.

    4-Once I do all that I'm not planning to do all small quests in the game but are there any you recommend I do or items I should get? (btw I already got the Supreme Sword of Light)

    submitted by /u/Mudkip97
    [link] [comments]

    Question about wanting to sell off my PS4 DQXI for Switch DQXI

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 02:15 AM PST

    Is this worth doing? I only ask cause I know this game will take hundreds of hours off my life. I'm not really a stickler for graphics but I think it'll annoy me knowing that after I'm done with the PS4 edition, there is still content available on the Switch.

    Tl;dr: Is it a worthy trade to sell off my PS4 copy for a Switch copy of DQXI (seeing as Switch version has more content - looking for an enabler for my decision, unless i'm crazy)

    submitted by /u/silas_k
    [link] [comments]

    Help please

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:20 PM PDT

    I'm doing a quest called the Might is right. I'm wearing one of the rings that gives you a chance of rare monsters to appear but apparently there's another item that gives another chance of rare monsters appearing called Wings of Serenity, where can I find this item?this Quest is pissing off in a way cause want to finish it but in another way getting money and levels is good

    submitted by /u/jupigaby
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to get a JPN Wii?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    Act 2 - Merchant Brothers In Gondolia

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    I'm currently in Act 2 and I'm trying to get a hold of Sir Hendricks Armor.

    One brother is offering it at 10000G and says he will polish the armor and make it extra shiny.

    The other brother is offering it at 5000G alone.

    Is there any difference in the armor depending on who you buy it from?

    submitted by /u/Boiplsu
    [link] [comments]

    I’m about to quit Dragon Quest XI halfway through, change my mind

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 06:11 AM PST

    I've played for 40hrs and (SPOILER)

    When I got the sixth orb and headed to Yggdrasil I thought I was going to the last boss. Turns out there's a whole other act after that! This game is toooo looooong. I enjoyed it a lot at first but it's dragging on. The game was great at first but when I realized hour 40 really wasn't different than hour 5 or hour 10 or hour 30...I kinda lost interest.

    Does it get better? Does act 2 redeem the slow pace of act 1?

    submitted by /u/Rebourne07
    [link] [comments]

    Cave to Rhone

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    Playing through the original trilogy for the first time on Switch. My God. I don't like to use guides, but I'm pretty sure in the absence of guides I would have given up on this game. Between the falling through the floor, the stairs to nowhere, and the high encounter rate I'd call it the most frustrating jrpg dungeon I've ever completed. Anyone have that experience in the days before internet?

    submitted by /u/willfla29
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment