• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 2, 2019

    Dragon Quest I asked for Dragon Quest 11 for my birthday yesterday

    Dragon Quest I asked for Dragon Quest 11 for my birthday yesterday


    I asked for Dragon Quest 11 for my birthday yesterday

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    HAHA that’d be crazy! Right?!......unless? ��

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 10:34 PM PDT

    Out of Context Screenshot #3

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:50 AM PDT

    [Spoiler] I assume that Don Rodrigo isn't impressed by this

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    Friends slime stack coustume

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    Surprised no one has posted this yet (I think?)--Dragon Quest IX Switch Remake Teased on 10th Anniversary Stream!!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    DQXI S armour question

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    So im trying to complete the item list and it seems like im missing the armour between irwins armour and mirror armour? Could anyone give us the location of the piece im missing?

    submitted by /u/Ironlion615
    [link] [comments]

    Yangus gets clapped

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    DQXI Drustan trial marriage (Spoilers)

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who chose Serena cuz she's a cutie pie

    submitted by /u/Kramenz
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest's McDonalds Commercial

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    Just got a Slime tattoo from Cohv.ink (Christian Hernandez) and I’m over the moon!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 02:10 PM PDT

    Out of Context Screenshot #2

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    Rip yangus

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    1 Hour of Dragon Quest of the Stars (long post)

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    So the game's available in Early Access for me on the Play Store and here are just some thoughts and a brief explanation of the game mechs for anyone wondering.

    TLDR: game starts off like every other gatcha game but with a very faithful DQ skin. Gameplay is auto fast forward grind. No open world. Rates are good though and has a good level of customization. Hopefully unlockable features will add depth as we progress. I took some gameplay footage here: https://youtu.be/rua2xg5DY7U

    I only played the game for about an hour (felt even longer with the data downloads) but the game has been out for years in Japan so there are probably other people who have already reviewed it.

    If anyone's wondering what the global release date is, the closed Beta ends Nov 28th so..maybe around then? Although the little sidebar of this reddit says 2020..who knows.

    Story:

    • You and 2 family members(?) wind up in some brave new world with no memories. You meet a talking squirrel and a goopy slime to guide you around and you embark on some campy quest that probably ends with you saving the world with the power of friendship or something. Oh and your grandpa is in a book.

    Gameplay:

    • Combat is simply an auto attack turn based system. Your weapons have skills that take time to charge and you can tap to unleash them in between the auto attacking. If you finish off an enemy with a skill you get a bonus clear reward.
    • There is an option to speed up the fighting and it says you can buy something to turn the skill tapping on auto as well (I'm assuming with regular in game currency? but could be vip).
    • It's not really an open world in that you're walking along preset paths with a set number of encounters. You cannot freely move your characters around. Your next main destination is highlighted on the map and getting to each location costs energy/stamina points (2/20 points per location starting off).
    • Even though your characters can't free roam, you do have the ability to spin the world around to find interesting locations for loot, side quests etc where you tap to aquire them.
    • There also seems to be a vocations system, a multiplayer system and a lot of item and unit customization. Weapons and armor pieces have skills and you can acquire items to swap them in and out. Also, certain armor pieces unlock better skills when equipped to someone of a certain class.

    Gatcha

    • You roll for equips, basically 1 weapon and 5 different armor types. Rates are 25% for a 3 star, 68% for 4 star and 7% for a 5 star. You'll also get two 5 star weapons very early into the story during the tutorials and the current banner advertises one free roll a day but not sure if that's just for the beta.
    • Armor pieces are divided into helmets, tops, bottoms, shields and accessories. If you roll too many of one type there's a place to sell your extras for points and rewards. The weapons also seem like they'll need leveling up in the future but I havent gotten there yet.

    Thoughts:

    First of all I didnt bother rerolling. I think I actually got some good equipment pieces the first go and I think the rates are very fair. I got enough gems for 2 free 10 pulls at the start which got me 7/20 5 star equipment pieces.

    Personally my biggest complaint is that I can't walk around the world. DQ for me is about exploring and it sort of defeats the purpose when you have a dotted line leading to your intended destination and you walk on rails.

    The plot so far is basic but I'm interested in knowing my team's "mysterious" past and how this whole universe works so I try to pay attention. I doubt it's really going to go anywhere though.

    The combat is also very typical for these kinds of mobile gatcha games. I'm used to it but I could just put the game down and my heroes can destroy all the "random" encounters without me even touching the skills. The boss battles seem to give better opportunities to actually do something and provides a challenge so they're something I'm looking forward to.

    I'm used to energy systems and I haven't had issues with this one yet so nothing to say there. A minor thing I didnt really care for was that the items you roll are sent to a stash and you need to pull out the one's you want manually. You can't put back items that you've taken out and you have limited inventory space so I spent a lot of time flipping back and forth between screens to make sure I was going to stay committed to whatever I was taking out. I don't really see why this is needed except to nickel and dime players to buy inventory space.

    The best thing about the game is probably that the presentation still feels very much like Dragon Quest. The music, the art, the characters, the sense of adventure. The spells and monsters are all familiar. You walk to a location, meet someone and by talking to them you get to know them and get a hint on how to help them out. This leads to your next destination and you piece together every good deed and kind stranger to get an adventure. It's of course very dumbed down, almost ridiculously so if you're a newcomer, but I always felt like that's what DQ has been doing faithfully since the beginning.

    Overall, it's a very grindy game but what DQ game isn't? I'm very eager to unlock vocations and I hope it lets me really customize my team. I'm a huge sucker for customization so keeping one set team, allowing me to change their appearance on the fly, raising their stats, growing their skills repertoire and seeing my equips visibly on my characters is all pretty neat. I'm looking forward to discover more of what this game has to offer!

    submitted by /u/kuroida
    [link] [comments]

    Wao just wao

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    Exactly 3 minutes ago I completed and got the platinum for dragon quest Xl(ps4). 116 hours in a journey that didnt feel like playing a video game but more likely to be watching a fairy tale. It was my first dragon quest and it was wonderful!!!! I'm not sure if I can ever feel like this again but I'm curious are the other entries like this one? Or was this one different? Should I play another dragon quest game now or just wait for a new one or remake? Thanks in advance and English is not my first language sorry for any mistake I made.

    submitted by /u/Nikeboy2306
    [link] [comments]

    DQ11 S Act 2 question!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:16 PM PDT

    Spoilers are kinda obvious, but this has been bugging me.

    So when you play through Rab's story, you can get to a part where he and Irwin meet the baby Luminary for the first time, and they talk about his name. Irwin suggests a name (Erdwin I think it was?), but it ends up being what Eleanor wants, which just so happens to be what the player chose.

    What happens if you name the character the name Irwin suggests? Does it change anything in that scene? Does it change anything else at all?

    submitted by /u/Arealtossup
    [link] [comments]

    So the game got update today I think? What was it?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    Out of Context Screenshot #1

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 03:46 PM PDT

    Switch version of DQ11 got a patch today?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    Fired up DQ11 on my Switch just a couple seconds ago and had to download an update. Anyone know where the notes for it are? All I could find googling was 3 month old PS4 notes.

    submitted by /u/Kalledon
    [link] [comments]

    DQ11 Drustan Trial Marriage Wish Question

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:31 PM PDT

    So I chose Jade as my partner and played out the walking cutscene with them climbing the mountain. But I feel kinda guilty now because Gemma apparently was in love with the Luminary (who I didn't care too much because she's absent throughout most of the game). Should I go back and change it (I have a duplicate save file just before I made the wish)?

    -Do the marriage options affect anything in-game?

    -How different are the different dialogues and cutscenes when pairing up with the other characters?

    -Does the choice affect other places beyond Cobblestone and any affects on the ending of the game?

    -Is there a "canon" pairing?

    submitted by /u/Mudkip97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment