• Breaking News

    Friday, November 1, 2019

    Dragon Quest A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

    Dragon Quest A weapon to surpass Metal Gear


    A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    You can now ride the iron maiden!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    Been absolutely obsessed with DQXI since it released on Switch so I decided to make this phone wallpaper!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 12:57 AM PDT

    *Kamikazee intensifies*

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    It's finally here, can't wait to play with it

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    I'm not a bad slime! Happy Halloween!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    I drew the funny little slime guy just for you

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    Happy goo-o-ween~

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    Happy Halloween!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    TIL despite being a massive success in Japan, Dragon Quest I sold so poorly in America, it was given away free with subscriptions of Nintendo Power. The promotion was so successful, Nintendo employees who sent out the game received a shirt saying, "I survived the 1990 Dragon Warrior mailing."

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    My copy of the Dragon quest trilogy came into today so this ads 3 more to my collection

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Found this boy at the GameStop I work at

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    I want to get either XI S or Builders 2 alongside fire emblem with the two games deal but don’t know which to get!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    I know I'm going to like whichever one I end up getting. I was just wondering can someone who's perhaps played both recommend one over the other. Thanks

    submitted by /u/onewittheboi
    [link] [comments]

    hello gooman! i hope you have a goo-d holiday (slurp)

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    Bought the exclusive slime headphone jack, very rare you can only buy this with a collectors edition silver DQ Vita! I got lucky an someone was selling slime solo!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    DQXI Switch: It's amazing how much easier my second playthrough was on harder monsters than my PS4 hard run before. SPOILERS FOR BOSSES.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 08:40 AM PDT

    I completed it all on hard on PS4 back at release, and it sucked. Well, some fights sucked, rather. Like getting stuck for literally 3 or 4 hours on MULTIPLE bosses. Jasper part 1 got me stuck bad, Dora in Gray was REALLY BAD, that giant squid boss also got me stuck and had me stuck for a few hours, the dragon in act 2 just before Serena reappears got me stuck for a bit, Jasper part 2 near the end of act 2 was the worst of all, got stuck on him for probably 6 hours and even when I won it was by the skin of my teeth.

    But this time, I remembered my experiences, I remembered what strategies to use, what builds, what level is likely needed for a boss. This time, I was thinking of bosses DOZENS of hours before fighting them, to where I was thinking of how to beat Dora In Gray in the first hour of the game and was thinking how I'd need to build everyone to do it. This time, I was a veteran who knew exactly what I was in store for.

    And I have wrecked it. Only had to redo Jasper once or twice (first battle), the giant spider thing in Octogonia once, and... I think that's it. Same difficulty, but totally different experiences. Dora In Gray died within 6 turns, Oomphled and divided Erik basically instant killed her while she was sapped, and RNG practically got on its knees and kissed my sodding toes for the few rounds she lasted. Squid boss went down easy too, this time I knew that the tentacles stop respawning after enough defeats and focused on just killing them within a turn or two of them respawning, and this time I knew Sylv's fuddle dance was the key to winning (he can easily confuse all of them even without the cannon using it). Jasper part 2... Kinda on the first try. The actual first try was not going too well, but I hadn't lost yet and honestly might not have if I'd kept going, but I decided to quit and reload since I was still early into it anyway. Got him on the next round, and it honestly wasn't THAT hard.

    In short, every boss that was horrible last time, I defeated with relative ease this time because I knew what to expect and how to deal with it way ahead of time, so I already had the perfect strategy before the right even began, and was a decent bit higher level for each bad boss fight than I was last time (precisely because I knew I needed higher levels than my first hard playthrough way back when). It's like I had my own strategy guide in my head, hours and hours of losing my first time around meant that I learned the ins and outs of each of those fights for this playthrough.

    The Octogonia boss was still a giant freaking dick head though, seeing as he was one of the few to still beat me. He managed to get it to where everyone was confused AND immobilized all at once, which pretty much meant I was dead.

    About to start act 3, and I have no doubt that will go smoother this time too. Still, the dragon rematch in the snowy area and the NEXT Octogonia fight will not be fun. The dragon fight will be the worse one of the two though, the Octogonia fight just requires a bit of luck at putting all the fighters to sleep quickly and taking them down one by one before too many wake up (the strategy that one me the fight on my first playthrough). Dirge of Dundrasil will be useful, hope Rab peps at some point. The dragon fight, I don't remember any particular tricks except to use the spell that reduces breath attack damage and dazzle him so his stupid critical melee hits keep missing, and just hit him with everything the party has after sapping him.

    submitted by /u/andys3rdattempt
    [link] [comments]

    [DQ11] Where are you supposed to go after defeating tentacular?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    So... Title

    submitted by /u/Dildo_Veteran
    [link] [comments]

    [DQ11S Spoilers] Having some trouble with...

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 12:13 AM PDT

    Forging the second sword of light. I have the forging hammer I won from the horse race, I unlocked the crucible, and I have one orichalcum. I'm about to face Calasmos, but I want the supreme sword of light first, and to do that, I need to forge the second sword.

    However, when I go into the crucible, it says I don't have all the materials. I've checked and checked again but I can't find out what I'm missing. Could I get some help?

    submitted by /u/KyonKitty
    [link] [comments]

    Drew Jade for Inktober!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    Need Advice for Stronger Enemies + Weak Enemies Draconian Quest

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    I am on my fourth run of the game. Trying a 2D Draconian Quest with Stronger Enemies + Weak Enemies. And it is MUCH harder than I thought it would be. 2D making you queue up all actions adds such an extra level of RNG and difficulty. The 2D maps changing where loot is keeps me on my toes. Feels like a brand new and much harder game and I am loving it!

    Right now I am getting slapped around at every boss fight, just got to Hoto. Looking for any advice on things I might not have considered get even the slightest advantage. I am building the hero towards defense (usually just go greatsword until late game) Eric is using boomerangs to spread out damage. I am really thinking of pushing for Holy Protection to remove random encounters that only deplete my resources without gain. A spell I have literally never used before in the 3D version

    Any advice for any stage of the game is appreciated! Build advice? Gear advice? Easy to miss things in the 2D version?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JaSchwaE
    [link] [comments]

    Carved a Firespirit for Halloween

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:16 AM PDT

    Tricky Devils Halloween

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    my slime cosplay for halloween

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    Happy Halloween!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment