• Breaking News

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    Dragon Quest this post came to me in a dream

    Dragon Quest this post came to me in a dream


    this post came to me in a dream

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:03 AM PST

    My attempt at drawing

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:19 AM PST

    My character after running laps around the quarantomb hunting metal slimes

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:54 PM PST

    The sad truth

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:27 AM PST

    Definitely didn't yoink this meme

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:48 AM PST

    I dreamt this last night

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:38 AM PST

    This arrived in the mail today. Now looking for a Japanese PS2.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:49 PM PST

    DQ4 hero sketch I started for art

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:07 AM PST

    Is it just me that thinks the mobile versions of 1-3 look better than the switch and PS4 versions?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:50 AM PST

    I keep hearing that they're ports of the mobile version but the character sprites look far worse.

    submitted by /u/Plz_pm_your_clitoris
    [link] [comments]

    A quick FYI in case the beginning of act III just kicked you in the teeth...

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:09 AM PST

    You will not have to spend the next 20 hours grinding back your levels/skill points after you travel into the past. Just keep playing.

    submitted by /u/davidbrit2
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the crew in the wild

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Dragon Quest XI Platinum Trophy

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:04 AM PST

    So I played DQXI when it first came out and beat it, and of course I loved it but that doesn't say much because I'm a huge fan of the series. I like getting platinum trophies on games and I'm wondering if I can jump back in and start the process after having not played for so long. Any advice or tips for the pursuit would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MrDiscoFlex
    [link] [comments]

    Potential New Fan, I have a couple questions (DQ1)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:32 AM PST

    Been recently craving some old-fashioned JRPG goodness, and decided that maybe I should give this franchise a shot. If I go through with it, I'm going to buy DQ1 for the Switch.

    I've done a little research, and I've got some questions:

    -Is stat growth still tied with what you name yourself?

    -How many fairy waters will I need to kill a Metal Slime? I read on the DQ wikia that they're capable of doing a small amount of guaranteed damage to Metal Slimes.

    -Has the Warrior's Ring been fixed in the Switch version?

    submitted by /u/Sillyforbrains
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else interested in DQ6?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:24 AM PST

    Over the years I've read much about this game and many fans see it as the less interesting one from the Zenithian trilogy. But is it just me, or does the SNES have a more better feel to the gameplay/story?

    Things I look into

    All SNES -artwork & - ost

    I feel like it may just be me, but the modern Version of the game on the DS/Mobile feels less appealing to me, I strongly feel that the original is the better version Imho

    submitted by /u/Cazval
    [link] [comments]

    Help! PC randomly restarts when playing Dragon Quest 11!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:26 PM PST

    So I've recently gotten the Steam version of Dragon Quest 11 (got it for Christmas, actually!), and I've encountered a rather bewildering bug that is basically preventing me from being able to play the game at all! After playing the game for several minutes (generally just long enough to get into the first cave) my PC straight up reboots. No error message, no warning, nothing.

    PC specs:

    - Ryzen 7 3800X

    - Nvidia GeForce 1080X

    - 32 GB RAM

    - 750 watt Corsair PSU

    Temps don't seem to be going over 60 degrees regardless of settings, and other games seem to be working just fine.

    If anyone could help, I would be extremely grateful! You'd be my hero! As is, I can't even play...

    submitted by /u/TheMartinellian
    [link] [comments]

    Switch or Ps4?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 07:41 PM PST

    Can any one help me decide whether to get dragon quest 11 on ps4 or switch? Is one superior to the other? Or is really just about game platform preference?

    submitted by /u/hsi10
    [link] [comments]

    I was reading opinions on the openness vs linearity of the DQ games and was curious the community's thoughts on this? (Slight spoilers for all games)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:22 PM PST

    This was from a thread on https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/179347-dragon-quest-xi-echoes-of-an-elusive-age/77057686?page=1

    "

    • Dragon Quest I-Almost completely non linear, aside from lack of levels making natural barriers in the map.

    • Dragon Quest II-After you get the ship, non-linear.

    • Dragon Quest III- After you get the ship non-linear. In fact, you can progress through the orb collection sidequest in whatever order you want, and nothing is artifically blocked off really. And the Dark World is similarly nonlinear with no set direction to get the rainbow drop.

    • Dragon Quest IV: Non linear after you assemble the majority of your party in the final chapter.

    • Dragon Quest V: Mostly linear, though after you get the ship you can explore lots of optional areas.

    • Dragon Quest VI: After Murdaw, non linear up until you head into the demon world.

    • Dragon Quest VII. Probably the most linear Dragon Quest game; everything is done in order.

    • Dragon Quest VIII: Mostly linear along the lines of V, with some optional areas you can visit.

    • Dragon Quest IX Non linear after get the mission to recover fyggs up until the endgame.

    Most of the Dragon Quest games had pretty open progression, where you go in any number of directions and do events in the order you choose, especially the NES ones. It's something I miss in some of the more recent Dragon Quest games, including XI."

    I was curious

    • a) what do you think of this? Do you agree or disagree?

    • b) do you enjoy a more open experience or a more linear experience?

    • c) how would you yourself categorize the openness vs linearness of all 1 through 11 DQ games? Does the openness affect your feeling of freedom / exploration /joy?

    submitted by /u/AnokataX
    [link] [comments]

    how can i play dragon quest 10

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:42 PM PST

    i cant seem to find it anywhere i look (including rom sites) is it even worth playing? does it have a story?

    submitted by /u/Crackers1612
    [link] [comments]

    I might have goofed in DQ XI

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I'm past the point in the game where you get to the World Tree and things happen and now I'm roaming the world in search of my friends. Thing is, I was being lazy about completing side quests and searching for pastwords. I've been through my quest log and it looks like some of the quests I didn't complete aren't there anymore. Are they gone forever, or will I be able to finish them when I get back to the area I got them from? Am I still able to find any Tockles I might have missed?

    submitted by /u/Birbosaur
    [link] [comments]

    [DQIII] How do I use Words of Wisdom?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:24 PM PST

    I have a level 20 priest I who want to use the book, but all he does is briefly glance through it. I've tried talking to the man in charge of changing vocations at Alltrades Abbey and using it in front of him and the two people in Tower of Transcendence and that all does nothing.

    submitted by /u/Nda_Formus
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a brand new Dragon Quest player?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Hey everyone! I just started playing my very first Dragon Quest game (XI) last night, and so far I'm loving it...the artwork is simply breathtaking.

    Are there any specific tips or advice that you have for this title and as a newb to the DQ franchise? Just wanted to make sure I understand the certain nuances that come with this title. Thanks in advance, can't wait to continue this journey :)

    submitted by /u/Ufratys
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment