• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 22, 2020

    Dragon Quest This was my first and favorite dragon quest game to play

    Dragon Quest This was my first and favorite dragon quest game to play


    This was my first and favorite dragon quest game to play

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 04:28 PM PST

    Would anyone else love a DQ spinoff with this guy?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:30 AM PST

    Just beat Dq1 for the first time in years!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:23 AM PST

    My brother bought this for $10 at a bookstore

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:03 AM PST

    DQXI Forging Question

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:03 AM PST

    If I rework an item that can be used in combat like the Icicle Dirk to a +3 does that improve the damage or buff when used?

    I ask because items like Wristorative improve the passive effects when improved to a +3

    submitted by /u/Jedimk_mkII
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts on the Dragon Quest: Your Story movie

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 08:13 AM PST

    My thoughts on the Dragon Quest: Your Story movie

    As a huge Dragon Quest fan who adores Dragon Quest V I thought I'd hate or at least dislike the movie strongly. I fully expected them to butcher my beloved game in order to appeal to a wider audience, the artstyle suggested as much, boy was I upset when the movie was first announced. I felt that artistically, it strayed too far from Toryama's signature style, plus I always imagined DQV as a beautifully drawn 2d anime.

    But, over time I grew to accept the new look, still concerns that Dragon Quest V would be butchered and it would give people not familiar with the series a skewed image of Dragon Quest lingered until I actually watched the movie.I can safely say now that this is a movie made for us, Dragon Quest fans, yes there were differences, yes characters were missing and the portrayal of the weight of passage of time that Dragon Quest V is so unique for didn't quite translate so well into the movie. But, overall the movie did a very very good job at tugging on my heart strings several times throughout the adventure simply because I was familiar with the source material, it toyed with my emotions in regards of the choices I made during my playthrough of DQV and so on.

    This movie was a beautiful and ultimately very very emotionally rewarding experience for us Dragon Quest fans. I've honestly never met another fan of the series in real life, I don't know if there are any in my country, so it will be hard to recommend this movie to friends or local gamers, but DQ fans, as long as y'all go into this movie with an open mind and don't stress over the changes, I believe you're going to enjoy it a lot!I gave the movie 8/10 on my MAL

    https://preview.redd.it/behsdagj2ii41.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=5bad1d39d26ff8a390aa81dd2b4d86f8933d2d6c

    submitted by /u/ShinigamiKiba
    [link] [comments]

    A Cake draws near! Command?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Your story movie

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 10:13 AM PST

    Found the movie on netflix, I looked into it and apparently most people hate it? Are there any reasons for that?

    submitted by /u/AngryBurntToazt
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think? Posted on tiktok so i thought why not post it here too ? :)

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:42 AM PST

    Best Dragon Quest Game?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:54 AM PST

    I was looking for a longish rpg to play and I thought about playing DQ. I only have my PC so I'll have to unfortunately emulate the games on my computer. I thought about DQ11 but my PC system isn't good enough for that. So other than 11, what's the best DQ game? I'm fine with a reasonable amount of grinding and stuff.

    submitted by /u/King_Lunis
    [link] [comments]

    My brother 3D printed this for me

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 04:53 AM PST

    What next?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:52 AM PST

    TL;DR at the bottom.

    After about a year of being intimated by the series, I've watched the movie and decided to jump in to DQ 5 (DS) this week. Currently sitting at 30 hours and I'm at Nadira I think? (Portal that opens after giving the statues the 3 rings).

    Honestly, I'm loving it. The story is just amazing. The world design on the DS is so creative. Turning the camera around to find doors and staircases that you might not see in certain perspectives, capturing creatures scratches that pokemon itch but the character development? Wow. Seriously impressed. This game has some real heart tugging moments. Finding Saber again, the kids birth, Sancho's probably my favorite character.

    I got lost a couple of times but i refuse to use a walkthrough. I feel like a lot of the offensive magic is fairly useless though. I prefer the healing/buffing magic. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

    Since I'm near the end I was wondering which game I should play next. I bought DQ 7 and 8 on the 3DS 2-3 years ago and they're still sealed in my games library. I really want to get 11 next.

    TL;DR: New to the series. Almost done DQ5, I have 7 & 8 on 3DS but which DQ game should I play next?

    submitted by /u/marcwithnok
    [link] [comments]

    some really neat ideas for dqb3 or a big update to 2

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:24 AM PST

    The Art of Creating Monsters, or, the Synth Chain for the DQM23D Final Boss, or, How to Synthesize Different Types of Dragon Quest Villains from Quite A Long Way Away (more in comments)

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:42 PM PST

    Id like to begin playing some dragon quest games.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 04:10 PM PST

    Im practically new to this franchise. I heard about it a lot and I played the demo for Dragon Quest XI on my nintendo switch, but beyond that, I don't know anything about Dragon Quest. Id like to hear some suggestions on which game I should have as an entry point, and which games should follow after that one. Which Dragon Quest game should be my first?

    submitted by /u/Memorableman
    [link] [comments]

    Should I bother with act 3 in dragon quest 11?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:46 PM PST

    I have finished act 2.

    It left me quite satisfied. It took me 100 hours, and the last 10-15 were on easy mode, as the game exhausted me with all the micromanagement, and it got a bit reptitive towards the end. It was a great game, and if you exclude a few minor details (and music being a big one) it was an amazing experience.

    I also have other games I want to get to. So my question is whether I should bother with act 3. Does it have much to offer? Is it too long? Can you get through it quickly and still get everything out of the story? What are your opinions in general?

    submitted by /u/Hellthrower
    [link] [comments]

    Doing a DQ9 solo run and wanted advice regarding Uber Falcon Blade vs Uber Miracle Sword?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Also:

    1) does Uber Miracle Sword stack with Falcon Slash for 2 hits and 2 heals?

    2) does Uber Falcon Sword stack with Miracle Slash for 2 hits and 2 heals?

    3) does Uber Miracle Slash stack with Miracle Slash for 1 hit and 200% heal effectiveness?

    4) which of the two is better overall and why?

    5) is there some better sword or sword combo I don't know of?

    6) do most solo runs just use minstrel + midheal for healing? If not, what do they use?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/AnokataX
    [link] [comments]

    New here but is 4 a good game to start with? I prefer games with large stories versus stand alone (besides TWEWY)!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:42 PM PST

    Plying on Switch last I saw Jade was in Octagonia going to get her...

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 05:07 PM PST

    (Edited cause of formatting issues I have never had before...)

    Please Give me suggestions on how to make their equipment better? Yes, I know I can rework a lot if it but with things like the platinum mail I can't seem to get it to work well. And I'm out of Perfectionist Pearls from trying.

    Hero lvl 39 (I'm going to get him up to at least 41)

    Demonsbane +3 ---- Turban--- Platinum Mail (having trouble getting a + on this)--- Acc (suggestions ?)--- Acc (suggestions ?)

    'Eight' lvl 41

    Cavalier Cleaver--- Shield of Heliodor--- Warrior's Helm--- Heavy Armour--- Acc (suggestions ?)--- Acc (suggestions ?)

    Rab lvl 41

    Kestrel Claws--- Thief's Turban--- Grand Masters Garb--- Acc (suggestions ?)--- Acc (suggestions ?)

    Sylvando lvl 42

    Zombie slayer +3--- Platinum Platter +3--- Feather Headband Platinum Mail--- Acc (suggestions ?)--- Acc (suggestions ?)

    Erik lvl 41 (no memories no skill tree) should I get his memories back before going to get Jade?

    Serpentscale Skean--- Herme's Hat--- Princes Pea Coat +2--- Acc (suggestions ?)--- Acc (suggestions ?)

    submitted by /u/Sheylenna
    [link] [comments]

    DQ11: Is it possible to change the in-game music for this game?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 04:47 PM PST

    I'm not talking about the orchestral overhaul mod, i'm talking about actually going into the game's files and somehow changing the music to something else. Would this be the right sub to ask? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

    submitted by /u/iFuckingLoveMunchlax
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment