• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 26, 2020

    Dragon Quest I just beat DQXIS. An amazing game!

    Dragon Quest I just beat DQXIS. An amazing game!


    I just beat DQXIS. An amazing game!

    Posted: 26 May 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    Very bittersweet seeing it all come to a close. Absolutely 10/10 and the credits and post-credits sequences made me tear up

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    Got a copy of Dragon Quest VI for 70 CAD! (About 50 usd)

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    The perfect girl doesn’t Ex...

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Excuse me? (DQ4)

    Posted: 26 May 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    One game down, nine to go go!

    Posted: 25 May 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Finally got DQ V on DS

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Mining bitcoin

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    34 years ago today, the very first Dragon Quest was released in Japan on the Famicon

    Posted: 26 May 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Happy birthday to the most legendary RPG franchise in the world! Celebrate appropriately :)

    submitted by /u/Nightmare_ish
    [link] [comments]

    A few moments of your time if I may

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    As earnestly as I currently understand how to, I'd like to offer a considerably truncated account of what transpired yesterday. The extremely short of it: this DQ forum from back in the day which I'm sure some of you know about not only still exists, but glows with similar wholesome enthusiasm emitted by this community.

     

    At first- Ok. Cool enough I suppose. It wasn't long before I bumped into a post from a few days ago pertaining to DQVII. Within that post- there was a comment made by a certain gentleman who, with all the raw essence of seemingly unmitigated expression, offered such a well-formulated stance on certain qualities of the PSX/3DS versions of the game...well, it resonantly warmed my heart with the notion of just how well Dragon Quest as a series encapsulates the human condition, and how the lessons contained in each installment can nudge us in the direction of further understanding various virtues with a deft touch...and how I just (through a thread of actions which easily could've tapered off into becoming too distracted to actually immerse myself in what was there for a short while) read the thoughts of someone who feels like a friend I always sort of wish I had? None of my friends are terribly into DQ or comparably cool stuff.

     

    So I created an account and after a respectful hello, proceeded to explain where my head was at and how awesome I thought it was that he'd parted with his ephemerally fleeting time to write out a somewhat massive contribution to a community that I actually remember seeing way back in the day, and that I'm so grateful to have rediscovered..

     

    ..his response...alright I'm all too aware of how this might come off with only the prose of this text to aid in my clarity here; still- however inelegant my thoughts here might be to some, my hope is that at least one person will read this and appreciate things with just a bit more awareness.

     

    This guy's response was the single most authentically human interaction I've ever had through the internet. Granted, this largely resulted from an unquestionably sharp wit and level-headed timeless wisdom he readily offered..the particularities of this specific interaction aren't necessarily what I'm attempting to get at right now though.

     

    There's so much unknowable profundity in this world. Every now and again, I seem to stumble upon some of it..and the insurmountable gratitude I tend to experience in its wake propels me to approach life with more compassion than I did the day before...and to value our precious time like nothing else.

     

    Dragon Quest is life. And life is anciently good

     

    The site

    submitted by /u/iBoofedBugenhagen
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a scan of the box art for DQMJ 2

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I just got a loose copy of this game at my local pawn shop and I would like to print a replacement cover. Normally The Cover Project has everything I need but they're lacking DQMJ 2. Does anyone have one?

    submitted by /u/AlexTheAbsol
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been Questing since it was Warrior. (Collection)

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Finally beat 5. Didn't get a good end capture. Oh well on to 6

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    Really confusing on manga / anime question

    Posted: 26 May 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    Yes I'm speaking of 1990s anime has like 46 episode... but manga has like 349 chapter (I didn't even want to watch the classic 90s yet just wait to wait for remake one to make better imo) Someone tell me there going be at least 300+ ep all due fact of that chapter is so many since back then they didn't finish it? Is this what I'm seeing right now?

    submitted by /u/TakeAJoke6
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to apply Draconian Quests after Starting the Game

    Posted: 26 May 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    I know it's very sad but I'm 30 hours into the game, just got the silver orb and nothing has so far even challenged me the slightest. That was kinda my experience on FFX, but just as I was thinking that the game was too easy, some monsters who could wipe my party started appearing and gave me hard times, and the boss Seymour Flux drove me to rage quitting. Playing DQ11, I always expected that spike where monsters would start kicking my ass, effectively driving me to try to conserve mana, play smart and sometimes rejoicing on the sight of a campfire.

    So far that never happened. I can just toy with monsters and bosses are no challenge at all to me.

    I didn't activate "super strong monsters" at the beginning because although I like my games hard, I thought it was a masochistic option.

    Am I wrong? Will the game make a spike and present me with some challenge? I would absolutely hate playing the same stuff over again but I would hate it even more if the game will go with the same difficulty.

    What do you say? Will it get harder or should I restart with "super strong monsters" draconian option?

    Thanks, happy gaming.

    submitted by /u/Erman143
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Dragon Quest XI S

    Posted: 26 May 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    I bought the gorgeous pack of the game and both audio and text are in Japanese. Is there any way to change the audio to English at least? I'm aware I can't change the text.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Dairou_
    [link] [comments]

    DQ XI volume bug... volume warning!

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    Who has the coolest character design? Main character only

    Posted: 25 May 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    I think mine would be either VIII or XI?

    submitted by /u/cloudy_wolf7
    [link] [comments]

    DQVIII 3DS physical or digital

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Relatively new to the series. XI was my gateway last year and I can't get enough. Loving V and III.

    I'm dying to get VIII on my 3DS. Problem is, as you all know, I'm late to the party and it's hard to find a physical copy for a reasonable price.

    So, in your opinion, is it worth it to spend extra for the physical if I can find it reasonably priced or just go for the digital? I'm leaning digital.

    Thanks for being a great community and love these games.

    submitted by /u/wlfsamurai
    [link] [comments]

    Do I miss anything if I skip DQ 1 and 2 and go right to 3?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Title. Want to pick up one of the 3 on Switch and am under the impression 3 is by far the best of the bunch so I'm thinking of starting with it. I also tend to not love early NES RPGs in general.

    submitted by /u/BeastCoast
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Dai No Daibouken anime remake and game to be shown off in 42 hours.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Just finished watching Dragon quest your story on nexflix and this is my reaction now I'm off to play DQ5.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment