• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Dragon Quest This part was.. interesting

    Dragon Quest This part was.. interesting


    This part was.. interesting

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Laddie?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    DQ8 30% discount available on my Nintendo

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    "Uh...Hello, can I help y.....okay, bye!"

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Little update on my DQ collection. Still missing original Japanese releases for Famicom and SFamicom. Slowly but surely im getting there.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Do you prefer Toriyama's older original art work for Dragon Quest or his later styles?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    For those of you who follow Dragon Ball, know well that his character designs in the series changed quite dramatically over time

    this change is also reflected in Dragon Quest, where he is also the character designer for many of the games

    In his early art, his style was similar to those used in the early dragon ball series. smaller childlike characters, more rounder faces, etc. there were more animal characters, and overall the style was much more cutesy

    examples

    Dragon Quest 2 art

    Dragon Quest 3 art

    However later (probably SNES and onwards), the designs resembled his later Dragon Ball Z designs, and even remakes of DQ 2 and 3 featured his newer art style which featured generally taller characters, more muscles, more angular lines. Monsters looked more fierce. his style hasn't really changed since then although the way he colors them did change (for the worse imho)

    examples

    Dragon Quest 3 Remake art

    Dragon Quest 6 art

    which style do you prefer?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/LeBronBryantJames
    [link] [comments]

    Dq11 grinding help

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    Never beat part 3 before because I couldn't get past the boss in heliodor since everyone but eleven is so under-leveled. Best place to grind right now? I'm still pretty early in part 3

    submitted by /u/Sansthebirb
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY got it!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    Is kazapple a good move in dq6

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    I heard a lot of people say its bad

    submitted by /u/Random_AA_Fan
    [link] [comments]

    [DQ11] SO FREAKING CLOSE!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Stuck on boss, should I opt out of stronger monsters?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    Edit: DQ11, setting a flair doesn't work for some reason.

    Some months ago I was stuck at the boss at the ice lake in part 2 of the story, and I more or less quit the game because I was already losing interest.

    It's not that I don't like difficult combat (I love etrian odyssey), but I feel extensive buffing is tedious and I don't really know what I can do to improve my chances besides grinding, which is tedious as well.

    Do you think dropping stronger monsters will make the game more fun again? Is stronger monsters with using buffs comparable to no stronger monsters without using buffs? If the difficulty will drop so much that its too easy, I might be losing interest as well.

    It feels wrong to leave the game unfinished, but I have very limited time right now and wonder if it's worth it to stick through.

    submitted by /u/Doppleschwert
    [link] [comments]

    All good things...

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    I think I'm close to beating the final boss of the post game. Not saying who it is for spoiler reasons...honestly, this makes me have mixed emotions. I just feel odd beating ANY dragon quest game. I feel happy that I beat it, but also sad that it has to end. I guess that's what multiple save files are for right? Dear god this is a bittersweet pill to swallow.

    submitted by /u/Zorloff
    [link] [comments]

    How useful is the DQ11 DLC for Switch?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    How useful is the Champion's pack for DQ 11 on the switch?

    I'm sorta "game-sharing" with my brother right now, meaning that any game that is in part or in whole digital content requires that I sign in to the internet before using it. I bought this game primarily to play offline so downloading the dlc will mean I lose that privilege. The problem is I get mad FOMO.

    Tl;dr: are the outfits even worth it?

    submitted by /u/BasicallySongLyrics
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed my first Draconian Quest!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    It was Shypox, lol.

    submitted by /u/Sorashizu
    [link] [comments]

    This is Slime Gang! If you love Dragon Quest, Smash Bros, or would just like to chat. This is for you! I hope you have a goo'd time!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Silly question: The information on items is always wrong about where they are "found in"...

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest XI: Sorry if I am missing something painfully obvious. Trying to find items for crafting and literally every time I go into information and look under found in tab, I never actually find them in areas that are listed. What gives?

    submitted by /u/Goe_Phaste
    [link] [comments]

    DQ XI act 2 party question

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so I just beat the boss near Phnom Nonh and about to get Sylvando back. I'm trying to figure out how much farther I have to go before I finally have all eight members together again and when I reach that point how far away will I be from finishing the story? (I realize theres a ton of post stuff which is considered to be part of the story by most.) It is very difficult to avoid spoilers when flipping through guides and the like. I'm one of those guys that likes to keep the party levels as even as I can without losing sanity over it. I managed to get hendrick and rab at 36 while hero was still 36, but I know that if I just play the game like normal i will become severely over leveled even with extra strong monsters on.

    submitted by /u/Yuampooh
    [link] [comments]

    Which DQ Hero has the most harder adventure?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Hey guys! After playing 10 years ago my first DQ (VIII), i started to playing all the games of the series (today i finished my first run on DQ IV for DS).

    As i was playing with the hero and defeating monsters a question came to my mind: Is this task or adventure harder than the one i played on DQ VIII?

    So i came to read all the experts among the years, this question its not about graphics or console version... How would you rank all DQ if you have to analize the task the hero must accomplish from harder to easier?

    submitted by /u/Nooktastic
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s the “Bard” of these 2?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    A bard is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Typical uses a musical instrument. Both are good in healing, (Ser has more burst while AoE and HoTs)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Zorloff
    [link] [comments]

    Switch Zenithia chances?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if this topic has been talked about here before, so please forgive me if it has. I've been making my way through the series lately, having beaten XI and 1-3 on the Switch recently (I played IX a while ago). I have the Zenithia trilogy on DS from when I was a kid, but never got around to playing any of those games. Recently, I've heard rumors/hopes that these games may be coming to Switch like 1-3 did, and I'm wondering if I should just play the games on my DS or wait and see if they come out on Switch (call me spoiled, but I'd much rather play them on current hardware, especially since my eyes aren't what they used to be for portable gaming). What do you all think the chances are for such ports to the Switch?

    submitted by /u/sora120691
    [link] [comments]

    Help with DQ11 S Endgame Forging

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    So, I am trying to forge the Supreme sword of light and everywhere online says to get rarified orichalcum from the battleground. So, my problem is, I'm at the spot where you get it but its not there and I don't have it already. I am unable to forge the sword and am curious if im just missing something?

    submitted by /u/Fithace
    [link] [comments]

    The Slayer of the Sand, One of The Hardest Bosses of All Time, How do We Beat This Thing?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    This Slayer of the Sands boss is one of the hardest bosses of all time in my opinion. It's ridiculous, this boss makes Whitney seem easy and simple. They put this insane boss right at the beginning of the game like this when your levels are low and its crazy and a sneak on there part, idk if this is good game design or torture. As soon as I think I got the flow and about to win, he one shots randomly one of my teammates and I'm done from there, the fight goes in his favor and I get mopped. What do you guys recommend, I know its DQ but I don't want to just have to grind for hours to win. What do you guys recommend to handle this nonsense and insane game design and difficulty with his crazy hard scorpion boss, thanks. This is Dragon Quest XI boss by the way, at the sand part of the game and kingdom.

    submitted by /u/muddy120
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment