• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 27, 2020

    Dragon Quest Well said, Carver

    Dragon Quest Well said, Carver


    Well said, Carver

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest 6 is the weakest of the Zenithian games

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    Honestly, after playing IV and V, VI feels like it's taking two steps forward and two steps back. I like the return of the job system, and I love getting to customize my party members to my preference, but everything else about Dragon Quest VI feels...bland. The story starts interesting with the heroes losing to Murdaw in the opening and trying to get strong enough to defeat him in a rematch. But after Murdaw dies, the story and pacing dies along with it. Instead of say, Dragon Quest III where you learned enough in each town to know where to go next, Dragon Quest VI feels aimless as you search for your 'missing half'. (a joke the game runs into the ground)

    Then halfway through you go on the typical amour-set collection, but unlike DQ IV and V, collecting the legendary equipment doesn't flow well in regards to the story. You're still searching for your missing half, but then suddenly because it's tradition you have to scour the world for the equipment. There's no real reason to do it, the heroes decide to do it...just because they can.

    One of Dragon Quest VI's biggest issues is with its villains. Dragon Quest IV and V set the bar so high with Psaro and Ladja, that it's a disappointment that none of the other villains-bar murdaw- have any proper screentime. You kill them moments after meeting them, and then just move on. During my playthrough I just happened to go to Gracos's temple early and I had no idea he was one of Mortamor's general or what 'Sorceria' was.

    I'm also not a fan of the dungeons in this game. They're so huge, and the encounter rate is so high compared to IV and V, that I sometimes forget where I'm going and get lost, which leads me into more encounters, which leads me to get even more lost. I'm aware that Horii apparently wanted Dragon Quest VI to be more challenging, but the challenge is lost when I can just Evac, head to the nearest town, rest, and then rush through the dungeon again before beating the boss to death.

    VI isn't the worst Dragon Quest game, but it's definitely become one of my least favorite games in the franchise

    submitted by /u/CoolRed46
    [link] [comments]

    I have made Eric now aswell!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Only Dragon Quest game I didn't play yet (Aside from X ofc), finally found myself a copy at a reasonable price I am eager to start !

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    I'm making Eriks necklace (three months worth of work, made out of lapis)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    i am praying that the adventure of dai anime does good!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    if it doesnt do good in japan im will honestly gonna be depressed xD. and i hope the card game does good as well. i just really want this series remake to succeed

    submitted by /u/Mazzder
    [link] [comments]

    Me going into the final main story boss of DQix on my solo play through, the cat ears are staying on btw

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Which Dragon Quest games do you think show their age?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Basically as it says. I have beaten VIII and XI (I know, I'm sort of young). I played part of the DQ 1 and it just felt too barebones. Where does the game start feeling more fleshed out? I actually have access to all of them, so this is more of a "where should i go next" type question. Bonus credit if you can feasibly think of a way for me to play multiplayer on DQ IX, I only have one cart and they are dumb expensive now.

    submitted by /u/Deathbackwards
    [link] [comments]

    Padding?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Spoilers for 11

    I just got back Sylando and beat the dragon thing, and overall the game has just kinda exhausted me. its already been full of padding for a while but i dont really look forward to wrangling all of my party members back up sicne i know it will take like thirty minutes each to get all of them back, and i just want to continue on with the story. Im just wondering whether or not it will get more streamlined from here on out and also roughly how much i have left in the game

    submitted by /u/Nolar2015
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon quest V, mobile port good?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Just looking to get an in-depth comparison between the different versions, and if the mobile port stacks up?

    submitted by /u/Rampos7
    [link] [comments]

    How do you win the jackpot in 11

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    I won 7600 token in one spin and the guy is still telling me I gotta win the jackpot

    submitted by /u/BananaJaneB
    [link] [comments]

    Does Dragon Quest 9 Have a Good Story?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    I understand people on this thread love dragon quest, so it's kind of a trick question! But I'm okay with that.

    I've never played a dragon quest game.

    I love, love final fantasy. That's my favorite series. I love jrpgs. But most of all I love good stories. Compelling and mysterious and twisty.

    I've been really looking for a rpg with a good story and I've played so many. But I haven't played this.

    The reviews are great for this but I can't find many reviews that look at the story. They mostly talk about the improvements from past entries and all that.

    In your opinion, do you think DQ9 has a very interesting story? Would someone who likes Final Fantasy stories like this kind of story?

    submitted by /u/Antipode-91
    [link] [comments]

    Gold grinding in Ch3 DQ4

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    Is there any efficient way of doing it other than fighting and doing your job?

    submitted by /u/Random_AA_Fan
    [link] [comments]

    Next DQ game I should play after XI?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    I recently picked up XI. I have 13 hours in my game file so far. Enjoying what I've experienced already. I know itll be a while to complete xi, but what's an older entry in the series I should go to after I finish it ?

    Keep in mind, I have little history with the series. The only dragon quest games I've played so far are dragon quest III(the remake/port version that came to switch last year) and currently dragon quest XI.

    submitted by /u/game_filmnerd90
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat DQXI for the first time (act II). Now I am going to start a chronological playthrough of I - XI.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    I just finished Act II and all I have to say is, wow what a journey. I grew up with DQ starting with the first Dragon Warrior on NES, but over time I lost interest in single-player games so I never played any of the series after DQV. I haven't enjoyed a single-player RPG like I enjoyed DQXI in so many years. I really loved this game so much.

    Now I am going to play through the whole series in chronological order on stream, starting with the NES versions of I-IV. I'm thinking to do difficulty challenges such as zero wipes, no stat seeds, and 100% completion (maybe excluding some super RNG stuff like the Gold Card in DQII, which I've never been able to get).

    I am super excited to replay all the DQ games that I loved so much as a kid, and even more excited to play all the ones that are still new to me!

    submitted by /u/Shrodinjer
    [link] [comments]

    What is the framerate of DQ 8 3ds

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    my dragon quest 9 avi progress update

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment