• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 26, 2020

    Dragon Quest This popped into my head after I was playing Among Us with my friends. I just had to draw it xD

    Dragon Quest This popped into my head after I was playing Among Us with my friends. I just had to draw it xD


    This popped into my head after I was playing Among Us with my friends. I just had to draw it xD

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    my first ever amiibo (this was the last one on stock)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    Dragon Quest at Home, featuring coloring sheets, wallpapers, spot-the-difference puzzles, and a slime origami kit!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    my dragon quest 9 avi im working on

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    [Art] Dragon Warrior III's Hero and Sage

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Feel so blessed to be playing DQ 8 this is my first time!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    [DQ11: SE - Act 3] Farming Seeds is going well!

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Help

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    I play dragon quest 11 on switch and i am now playing whit Jade after the yggdrasil fall. I am only lvl 37, it is enough or i will have a hard time?

    submitted by /u/Florus733
    [link] [comments]

    Dunno how rare this is, but I just hit the 200 token roulette jackpot on a chest.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Which Dragon Quest game to play?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    I've played 11 and I wanted to emulate the other games (aside from 8, I have a crap Macbook that can't run PCSX2 or Citra and I've heard the mobile version is bad) and I was wondering which game I should play first? I was thinking of checking out the original trilogy.

    submitted by /u/maenoodles
    [link] [comments]

    (Possible spoilers) which DQV bride

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Just out of curiosity what the preference is not sure if it was a spoiler

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Dart150
    [link] [comments]

    Play chronologically or not?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    I finished dq1 on mobile up to this point. Do you think I should continue with 2345 etc or switch to 4 or 5?

    submitted by /u/max18061
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! I'm new to Dragon Quest, and mainly fell in love with the artwork. The deepest I've ever gone into JRPGs is Pokemon, and I'm wondering what DQ game is best for a newbie?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    EDIT: Thank you everyone who responded! It was good for me to be able to read through your reasonings for starter games.

    I've decided that I'd like to play the following games in this order: 8, 11, 1-3, 5; because 8 is the most accessible for me at the moment besides 1-3 and I'm not sure if an entries as old as those would give me an accurate feel for the series as a whole.

    submitted by /u/spitkillsrats
    [link] [comments]

    Japanese commercial for Dragon Quest Fantasia Video

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    Dq 11 definitive edition kn switch discount in eShop

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Time to grind

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    What would if the new DQ system has an "evolved" form of turn based combat like Divinity OS 2?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    i thought about it yesterday, and i think the System that Divinity Original Sin 2 uses is superior to the classic one Dragon Quest has been using for an eternity now,

    if u dont know how Divinity OS 1 and 2 work ill summarise it as quickly as i can if u know about it already u can skip this part and i will list some problems further down below

    so divinity OS 1 and 2 follow a more DnD oriented turn based combat system,u walk through the world and encounter a fight / u have a dialogue option that will surely end up in a fight, if that happens the whole area goes into a fight mode without loading etc. u and the enemies now stand where they stood before, every character starts with some (not even sure with how many i think i the number was 4-6) action points, those points are used for attacking (2 for a standard attack)(0-6 depending on how strong the skill is and what they do) the points are also used for movement since positioning is really important because of AoE spells, Elevation Bonuses for Archers, sightlines and the elemental shit that makes a huge portion of divinity.

    Divinity is also a big Sandbox, u can do stuff like teleporting enemies into traps/oilfield/away from you,theres a skill thats called rupture tendons that damages the enemiy heavily if he decides to move when he is affected by that status effect

    status effects (there are a billion of them) are a side effect of skills (some weapons can apply them on-hit too), they are entirely resisted by

    a) in DOS 1: by a chance based on the level of 2 Skills, 1 reduces chance to get knocked down etc. (physical stuff) the other prevents stuff like, burning, frozen, shocked (magical stuff)(its basically a dice roll converted to a percentage chance)

    b) in DOS 2: entirely by their respective armor, in the second game it works like bonus health and you can only be afflicted by burning if your magic armor is down etc.

    buffs work without those on allies or enemies (but dont heal an undead lol)

    both games have some exceptions and some status effects work even if the enemy has the according armor/magic armor (an enemy with armor can be afflicted by acid which reduces his armor every turn)

    now for the elements, stuff like fire/water/blood/poison is created by hitting enemies and/or casting spells, if u use a big aoe spell like global cooling (big aoe, but low dmg) u can freeze water and blood which can make enemies trip, fire ignites oil and poison, fire + water equals steam, electric stuff can electrify blood and water (and steam), fire melts ice, then there is stuff like smoke which prevents vision, poison gas above a fire surface etc. all of them can also be cursed or blessed for crazy bonus effects.

    now for the problems:

    -there are no random encounters in divinity since every fight is a very tacticaly designed situation

    -u would have to use another world design for stuff like that since a plane open field doesnt really work for tactical fights

    -Dragon quest has no real elements that can stick to surfaces (why would it)

    but i think those problems could be solved if u go in with the goal of upping the combat system.

    dont get me wrong i really like Dragon Quest but after playing Divinity where the fights are awesome and full of unpredictable stuff going back to regular turn based combat feels like a step backwards, but this is just my opinion

    what do you guys think about that?

    also, go play Divinity Original Sin 2, its fucking fun

    submitted by /u/PoiseBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition - is it worth it?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    This game is on sale now and I'm wondering if it's worth getting. The only JRPG I've played is Fire Emblem: Three Houses and it wasn't that great for me. Is it any different? Never played any of Dragon Quest games and just wanted to have some more info before I spend 35$. Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/wichajster
    [link] [comments]

    Honest opinions about dragon quest 11 s.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Hi! I have started to getting interested in rpgs and turned based combat and that led me to playing octopath traveler and I had a great time with it, but then I heard about this game and I began to watch some reviews about the game and they all seem to be positive. I played the dlc for a little amount of time just to see how the game is(but I intend to play more of the dlc) and from what I played from the dlc I noticed the combat doesn't seem to have an interesting mechanic that allows to make some strategies like octopath traveler's combat system has. Does this apparent lack of interesting mechanics in the combat make the combat boring or not? Is the combat just spamming the attack button on the enemies? I also heard from a review that the music in This game is bad so I would like to hear your honest opinions about this game and if you would recommend me to get it! :)

    submitted by /u/icezeca3010
    [link] [comments]

    Help with vocations in DQIII

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    I'm currently playing DQIII (Android) for the first time and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm just after arriving at Dharma and see that it is possible to change my parties vocations but I'm not sure what to do. Currently I have a party of my hero (lvl 15), warrior (lvl 16), thief (lvl 16) and mage (lvl 15). I picked these at the start of the game, were they smart choices? I'm not really too sure. Also what should I change them all to once I hit lvl 20? I've played DQ1, DQ2 and DQ11 before this so the vocation system is quite confusing to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/DaeronTarg96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment