• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    Dragon Quest Some fun dialogue from Dragon Warrior 7

    Dragon Quest Some fun dialogue from Dragon Warrior 7


    Some fun dialogue from Dragon Warrior 7

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 04:05 AM PST

    "Turn-based RPG's are boring and outdated." ... Hold on, let me go grab Ra's Mirror real quick

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:51 PM PST

    Golems best homies

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:36 PM PST

    this is accurate.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:56 PM PST

    My collection is not big, but I have to start somewhere.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 04:00 AM PST

    Best way to play the Zenithia trilogy?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:03 AM PST

    So ... I managed to collect the following: Dragon Warrior - NES Dragon Warrior 2 - NES Dragon Warrior 3 - GBC Dragon Warrior 7 - PS1 Dragon Quest 8 - PS2 Dragon Quest 9 - DS Dragon Quest 11 - PS4

    I'm looking to grab physical copies of dragon quest 4-6, but I'm truly torn on how I plan to do so.

    DS copies are pricy. It looks like it'd cost me about $100 each for 4 and 5 and then another $150-200 for 6. So about $350-$400 CAD.

    DQ4 also has a nes version, and I'm honestly on the fence about getting that over the ds version considering a loose copy is around the price of a boxed ds copy. However, I hear the mobile version oddly enough is the most "complete" as it features party chat.

    DQ5 has the mobile, ps2(Japanese/fan translation), SFC, Snes (repro translation) and ds versions to choose from. I hear the mobile version is also basically the ds version.

    DQ6 has the SFC, snes repro, mobile, and ds versions to choose from. Ds/mobile ports being "definitive" with adjustments and all, however I noticed they removed monster taming and put in slimes to get instead ...

    What versions am I leaning towards?

    DQ4: I'm lost. Not sure if I'll get the ds version, nes version or possibly even the mobile port (though it would be a shame to have a physical copy of every other main DQ game excluding 10)

    DQ5: The ds version. It seems to have many improvements over then the SFC version, and while the PS2 version is appealing I'd rather not play the game on an emulator(for the fan translation). I also found a deal to get it for exactly $100 CAD shipped new so.. yeah.

    DQ6: A fan translated snes repro. Because we'll I'd like the monster taming/$15 price tag vs $200 price tag. I love DQ Monsters so I think I'd rather have more monster taming options anyway. I also think the Repro version will be an alright place holder till I can find a deal on the DQ6 DS.

    What do you guys think?

    TLDR; I might go with: DQ4 DS, mobile or nes DQ5 DS DQ6 Snes Repro (until I somehow find a cheap DQ6 ds)

    submitted by /u/TooHighTooFly
    [link] [comments]

    Theory: Estark is an evolved Nokturnus

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:51 AM PST

    Describe your favorite dq game badly and let others guess which one it is.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:40 AM PST

    mine would be: famous boy is accused of attempted genocide, gets hunted by crusaders across the world. He then gathers his fans to stab skeletor and cell from dbz to death and marry his crush without consent.

    submitted by /u/TeilzeitKevin
    [link] [comments]

    Never know when you'll encounter a slime

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:56 AM PST

    Where does corvus go after tou beat him the first time?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:46 AM PST

    I beat him and went and healed up so where can I find him again? Edit:sorry about typo *you

    submitted by /u/PrestonPirateKing
    [link] [comments]

    Drustan's wishes [potential spoiler]

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 05:08 AM PST

    So, being the not-smart person I am, I thought that the wishes that Drustan grants after completing the labyrinths were some kind of tests like you must keep humble blah blah, and since that's what he himself tells you, I thought I was doing good. I've completed the three trials without asking for any wish, and now AFTER DOING IT, I've looked up what they all are, and I feel like an idiot. I've went back to the first trial thinking I would replay the first boss and I would beat him easily. Well, there's and even harder one and I'm not liking this. Question is: when (if) I beat this one, are the next ones even harder? Is there some way to claim now the wishes that I've lost or do I have to still kill the new bosses?

    Another question is: why am I such a moron?

    submitted by /u/Loken141
    [link] [comments]

    Next PS game?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:03 AM PST

    Hey everyone, new here. Does anyone know if there's been any news about the next DQ game for PlayStation?

    submitted by /u/chip008
    [link] [comments]

    Finished DQ XIS on Switch, what to play after it?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 01:37 AM PST

    It was my first DQ game and I love it! I didn't even mind the Soundtrack because the game itself was so good, and just stupidly singing along it made it actually good and funny.

    However, I've searched for a while on what to play on Switch after this masterpiece. I've already played Fire Emblem 3H and Octopath Traveller (though I gotta say, OT was nice, but that's it).

    Xenoblade prob. isn't for me because I like turn based JRPGs.

    Are there any comparable turn based JRPGs on Switch which are more classical maybe? I really don't mind predictable stories, tropes and all the stuff.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/NiKHerbs
    [link] [comments]

    DQB2 doodle

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 03:30 PM PST

    Which DQ game did I play as a child?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 10:01 PM PST

    -it was on DS

    -it released before or in 2008

    -the party consisted of the main character, his sister or childhood friend or something and some dude in armor that makes him look kinda like a robot (not sure if that's accurate, might've just been my childish imagination)

    -one of the later companions gives off kind of a tribal vibe and uses a bow iirc

    -I researched this a few years ago and I think it was a spin-off game, but nine of the spin-offs listed on Wikipedia look right to me

    Solved: I was wrong, the game I meant is actually Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fate

    submitted by /u/Red_Rocket_Rider
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any good emulators on the IPhone to play dragon quest games

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:50 AM PST

    Hey I'm waiting till dragon quest 11 drops on Xbox one On Dec 3 I was wondering on what emulator I can get to play the old dragon quest games until then. I loved the demo they put out recently and I played it twice already until it ended and got my 3 skill points. I just wanna play some old ones on my phone

    submitted by /u/AmaraisBae
    [link] [comments]

    Just curious, what is the latest entry in the Dragon Quest Monster Joker series?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:04 PM PST

    It's joker 3 right?? Is there a professional version and does anyone know if it's wifi tournaments are still going? I'm getting back into the Joker craze and honestly I'll put a badly translated English patch on my game if it means I can play through it and battle others.

    Sorry for the dumb question! 🤪

    submitted by /u/HighQualityDonut
    [link] [comments]

    So I was watching a video from the Vargskelethor mini highlights channel. And I found this Dragon quest clone called Sword Quest 1.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 03:51 PM PST

    Finished DQ V !!! Screenshots have spoilers.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:01 PM PST

    Is there a reason not to buy DQ 11S on Steam?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 11:38 PM PST

    I didn't have a gaming PC when DQ 11 came out, so I couldn't play it. Now that I do, I noticed the definitive edition is coming to Steam soon. Is there any reason I'd want to buy the older and more expensive version of the game? I read somewhere that the new one has worse graphics because they ported it from the Switch, but I'm not sure how true or important that is.

    submitted by /u/Vilis16
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest 11 x ARMS ^^

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 12:42 PM PST

    Dragon Quest III Solo Challenge - Part 1

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    Greetings, folks! This is the first installment of an upcoming post series on this sub detailing my experiences with the "Dragon Quest III Solo Challenge" I started today! The rules are simple: I try to finish Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation with only the hero. No party members will ever set a foot into battle. I am all on my own because TRUE HEROES™ need no help! I hope you'll come along with me on this journey ... you can make bets on how often I'll die.

    Obviously, this entire adventure contains spoilers.

    Prologue

    The interesting thing about DQIII is that it has personalities (45 in total!) that determine the growth rates of your character. Naturally, manipulating the personality quiz in the beginning of the game in order to get the most beneficial personality would be the strategically thoughtful thing to do ... but I didn't. I was already sold on the type of hero I had in mind: "Rocky" the foolishly confident wannabe who refuses to get any help no matter how much it hurts him.

    I just thought it was hilarious. And thus I answered each question faithfully the way Rocky would have answered them ... the damning judgement was delightfully fitting: narcissist. The poor bastard got a negative personality because even though his speed has a 105 % growth rate, everything else is a mediocre 90 % ... but no matter! This is fate, friends! Rocky can do it!

    Dreamer's Tower

    And here we go! We wake up with an early appointment with the king himself! Rocky doesn't feel like the king is worthy his presence at first but mom is being pushy. No matter. At least the old throne farter gives us 50 gold and some equipment for free. Also free is his urging advice to not go alone lest we end up like our late father Ortega ... pfff, what?!

    So we sell everything not glued to our body and go to farm some gold and levels. The monsters can't really harm us this early in the game - they deal 1 point of damage half of the time - but with our low HP they can still wear us down. Immediately I notice that Rocky will have to face large hords of foes at once (up to six per battle sometimes) and that's ... let's call it an action inequality. Later when enemies can actually get dangerous this will be torture.

    So Rocky gets effortlessly to level 6 or so. Having learned Frizz and Heal (a key spell!) as well as Poof he gets a little cocky while scouting out the small continent ... the enemies in the east are quite strong. It is here that he learns that Poof isn't as bad as he always thought. And he also learns that spells are his greatest weakness because a group of prestidigitators annihilates him ...

    Okay, fine. Let's finally enter the caves below the land and get that Thieves' Key! Rocky has no issues climbing the tower and getting the key from the old man on its top. Now, with the best equipment currently available (as well as 40 healing herbs in the bag just to make sure) his first journey ends with a resounding success! Well, apart from that one death ...

    Total deaths so far: 1

    Current level as of writing: 9

    submitted by /u/Bell_of_Wishing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment