• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 26, 2020

    Dragon Quest Happy 16th Anniversary DQVIII!!! Today 16 years ago ドラゴンクエストVIII 空と海と大地と呪われし姫君 (Dragon Quest VIII The Sky, The Ocean, The Earth and The cursed Princess) was released in Japan! An absolute gem of a game, it is my absolute favorite videogame of all time!

    Dragon Quest Happy 16th Anniversary DQVIII!!! Today 16 years ago ドラゴンクエストVIII 空と海と大地と呪われし姫君 (Dragon Quest VIII The Sky, The Ocean, The Earth and The cursed Princess) was released in Japan! An absolute gem of a game, it is my absolute favorite videogame of all time!


    Happy 16th Anniversary DQVIII!!! Today 16 years ago ドラゴンクエストVIII 空と海と大地と呪われし姫君 (Dragon Quest VIII The Sky, The Ocean, The Earth and The cursed Princess) was released in Japan! An absolute gem of a game, it is my absolute favorite videogame of all time!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 10:49 AM PST

    My Dragon Quest Collection. My personal favorite is dq v

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Just finished watching Dragon Quest: Your Story.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:26 AM PST

    I kinda want to pick up DQ5 now, since that's apparently what the movie is based on.

    A few questions:

    Is 5's gameplay any good? Does the game have that weird ass "virus all along" ending or is that movie exclusive? Do I have to pick Bianca? Because Nera looks soooo cute. AND should I get mobile or go for the DS version?

    submitted by /u/MiqoteforLife
    [link] [comments]

    Can I just say thank you to the community for its handling of spoilers

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 08:41 PM PST

    I'm new to the series and played DQ11 for the first time this year and absolutely loved it.

    I'm actually just starting my second play through where I plan on playing with character builds and using some less than ideal builds like Spear Serena.

    That's not the point I'm here to make - I just wanna thank you all for the way you handle spoilers, as I had nothing ruined for me despite engaging with the community. I had no idea who Eight was or any of the plot points, which is rare in the gaming scene.

    So, thank you awesome DQ community! I'm happy to call myself a new member :)

    submitted by /u/RadicalBeam
    [link] [comments]

    Hello guys i hope this is acceptable here , but I'm a big DQ fan and i started a new twitch channel and I'll be playing DQ Builders and DQ XI S when it's released , if you are interested please check my stream and channel out i talk in English and Arabic . Thank You.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 04:27 PM PST

    question

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 09:35 AM PST

    canonically who would win in a fight Hero (Eleven) or Persona 5's Joker I am wondering since I am now getting interested to persona just like how I got interested in dragon quest

    submitted by /u/lord_of_the_Meme6969
    [link] [comments]

    Was I underpowered? Cause that was extremely difficult.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:23 AM PST

    Saddest video game moment

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:07 PM PST

    What does the yellow E+ mean?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:40 PM PST

    Early-mid level grinding in DQVIII

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:27 PM PST

    So I just got the boat, i stop over at Queen Minnie's island and get my first total party wipe thatnks to those fucking Dancing Devils (rip my sweet, sweet gold). So i figure i'm pretty under leveled. Hero and Yangus are 21. The other 2 are 19. Where is the best place to power right now?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Bosmackatron
    [link] [comments]

    I GOT A LEVEL 1 HEXAGOON KILL (as said in the video description, there’s an offscreen crit. The chances of winning this fight are about 1 in 80 million)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:07 AM PST

    Dragon Warrior Monsters with random team

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Recently played through DWM again and decided to uses a random number generator to pick 10 monsters I would be allowed to use. I was allowed to use other monster for breading purposes but not progressing the story at all. Turned out to be a lot of fun and got me to use a couple of monsters I never really used before. I would recommend to anyone whos a fan of the game.

    Quick recap of how it went for though who are interested.

    The beginning was the most boring part since I could not breed any of my monsters.

    Getting the Golem really was cool though.

    My first team ended up being the GiantWorm, FairyDrak, and Golem.

    Got the Grizzly soon after and decided to make him the center piece of the team, replacing the worm.

    The DeadNite was next taking the Golems spot.

    I then breed a bunch of WildApes to make a couple Trumpeters to get a KingLeo.

    Breeding the Grizzly with the KingLeo helped out a ton, making him a offensive force.

    I was able to pick up the BattleRex from the story, making my team the DeadNite, Grizzly, and BattleRex.

    The next focus was the DeadNoble, which I was easy since I already had Deadnite.

    The DeadNoble was a great addition to the team adding high attack and great solo and group healing.

    Ended up breading the BattleRex with another dragon so it would listen to me and my final team became the Dead Noble, Grizzly, and BattleRex.

    I would occasionally rebreed the Grizzly with other beasts to help with stats. He ended up being a +15 and hit 999 attack pretty quick.

    Most of the story went smoothly and the fight against Milayou was pretty well too. MegaMagic killed the BattleRex turn one but the DeadNoble was able to keep the team together while Grizzly took down the rest of the team.

    In the post game I rebreed the DeadNoble get a much stronger version on itself, and then I decided to get Sidoh too since I had never had him before and breeding a boss monster sometimes feels like an accomplishment of its own.

    Beat all the gates and then fought the master monster tamer. He was not match for the team, even without Sidoh.

    submitted by /u/wrk_lrk
    [link] [comments]

    How strong is Dai?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:47 PM PST

    I'm all caught up on the anime, and i've always been wondering how strong he is. What characters could he beat?

    submitted by /u/PercsProd
    [link] [comments]

    Is the whistle ability in dq 11

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 05:28 PM PST

    If not is there an alternative

    submitted by /u/WillKuzunoha
    [link] [comments]

    Chronological order to watch out for newcomers?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:01 AM PST

    I started getting into the Dragon Quest fandom by playing the Demo for Dragon Quest Builders and later on playing Dragon Quest Building 2 for the Switch which I really enjoyed!

    Just now I finished the Demo for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition on the Switch too and I literally didn't image sitting there for 12 hours straight playing a Demo xD

    However, I wanted to ask, is it okay to start with Dragon Quest XI (Definitive Edition) as my first official Dragon Quest game or do I need to watch out for other titles as the stories are maybe game connected? I mean for example Dragon Quest X builds up a story and XI is based on that or kinda continues? (As I played the Demo for XI I didn't get that feeling that it continues a certain story which may have been told earlier already, but I just want to be sure I don't miss anything important)

    I already looked through a lot of comments here and the explanations were really helpful for the start but as English is my second language I still get pretty confused with detailed sentences xD

    PS: I only had a DS, 3DS, Wii U and now my Switch so I never really knew about a lot of games that were released earlier or for the PlayStation family xD just realized that the DQ games were launched on several consoles over the years so yeah just a random note heh

    But also thank you in advance for helping me out!

    submitted by /u/llouablue
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment