• Breaking News

    Friday, November 27, 2020

    Dragon Quest This is how I see group projects.

    Dragon Quest This is how I see group projects.


    This is how I see group projects.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:57 AM PST

    Just what are you implying exactly?!!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 07:46 PM PST

    Dragon Quest III Solo Challenge - Part 3 "A force to be reckoned with"

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:05 AM PST

    In the last part we finished the dreamstone quest which gave us access to the mighty boomerang! It's time to show these monsters that Rocky doesn't take prisoners anymore. (Not that he ever took any to begin with. The opposite seems to be true: Many monsters flee from battle due to the high level they detect in Rocky, not realizing that there aren't three more like him around.)

    Payback Time

    Robbin' 'Ood is still alive and kicking and we need to change that. Rocky gets an iron axe in Asham that greatly increases his attack. After discovering that slaying monsters is much easier now, he crosses the desert and visits Isis down in Not-Egypt. The queen's castle houses the meteorite bracer which is nice to have especially after realizing that high agility directly boosts defence!

    Truly, this is all we ever needed. Every point of agility we gain is immediately doubled by the bracer and turned into one extra point of defence. And after reading yet another book, Rocky received an even better personality (Daredevil) so our gains are looking promising. It is marvellous.

    Robbin' 'Ood and his henchmen are quickly massacred. Three throws with the boomerang and the goons are down, then comes the duel between Rocky and 'Ood. Had the guy been lucky and scored a crit, things would've been looking different but he is pulverized instead. (Maybe taking him on at level 20 was a bit overkill.) Unfortunately, the game doesn't allow Rocky to take his life so he is stuck with a worthless crown instead that merchants won't even accept.

    The Magic Key

    The pyramid north of Isis was an exhausting dungeon in my memory but even in this solo run it's pretty chill. We know which buttons to press from some children in Isis ("first the eastest of the east, then the westest of the west") in order to progress and the magic key is the very first item Rocky can get. He then plunders the treasure chamber. Tragically, one of the mummies kill him with one despair attack and he also encounters a cannibox that bites his head clean off.

    Then comes the part where Rocky robs every royal family in Not-Europe and Aliahan. Among lots of yummy seeds he gets a Staff of Antimagic (which is a valuable tool since Rocky doesn't have much MP) and a Rune Staff that supposedly casts Kabuff for free but to my immeasurable disappointment this doesn't seem to work when Rocky is waving it around. Dammit.

    After purchasing an insanely powerful whip that is even better than his main weapon, Rocky heads to the east in order to get black pepper for the king in Portoga in exchange for ... a ship. The journey has become brighter lately. Can I keep it up?

    Total number of deaths so far: 19

    Current level as of writing: 22

    submitted by /u/Bell_of_Wishing
    [link] [comments]

    3DSen v0.9.2 added support for DQI&II, allowing the original NES versions to be played in 3D!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 09:29 PM PST

    List of Dragon Quest XI S PS4 Trophies revealed. Presumably same list for PC and Xbox Achievements. Some changes from original release

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Finally completed my collection!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:56 PM PST

    Everyone is getting PS5 so zigged when they zagged and I finally got Dragon Quest XI. I did an unboxing video, so check it out and give me some love on it. I'm excited to play it soon.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 10:34 AM PST

    New series on Dragon quest dai no daibouken spin off on the storyof Avan!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 06:41 AM PST

    I'm aware that v jump has released 2 chapters of it so far but can't find a way to read them. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Large-Ad-7215
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get to the upper area of coffinwell surrounded by mountains?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:44 AM PST

    The grotto is there but I cant seem to disembark at the location am I doing it wrong?

    submitted by /u/PrestonPirateKing
    [link] [comments]

    Want to play every DQ game, what’s the easiest way to find each?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:18 AM PST

    My 2021 goal is to beat every main dragon quest game (and possibly dragon warrior monsters because nostalgia). I own a Switch, but what is the easiest way to play or acquire the other games?

    submitted by /u/Corvant13
    [link] [comments]

    Help please!!!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:13 AM PST

    I was on bsnes playing Dragon Quest 5. I woke up the next day and my progress is completely gone. It's corrupted!! After so many hours of work, I am so not willing to do all that shit all over again. Anybody know if there's a place where I can find save states online or a save editor, or at least something to help me get back to where I was fast? If you're going to suggest something about the DS version, that's fine too.

    P.S. I was at the part in Act 2 where I regained Borongo(or Saber in the DS version). My hero was like level 21.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Quesadilla_75
    [link] [comments]

    DQ5 is incredible.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 07:27 PM PST

    Just finished it and I'm overwhelmed with emotions. The characters, the world, the music, the story. The story in this game is so good. I can see why people rate this game so highly. I loved it a lot.

    submitted by /u/MugiwaraPatrick
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I watch the 1991 Dragon Quest Dai anime with eng sub and good quality?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 03:20 AM PST

    How to get yellow cell phone Watabou?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:19 AM PST

    In the PlayStation 1 version of dragon Warrior Monsters game there is a yellow watabou with a cell phone, how do i obtain him? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ASMRROSS2022
    [link] [comments]

    3DS version of DQXI?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:18 AM PST

    At first I thought Wikipedia was being stupid when it said XI was released on 3DS, but then I looked it up and like, it actually was? I guess only in Japan, or its a different version? But what? Dude I want this version lol

    That being said I started with VIII and still havent finished it 6 months later. Gonna get XI at some point

    submitted by /u/velvert
    [link] [comments]

    I played Dragon Quest VIII and loved it! Will I love DQ XI just the same?? Thoughts?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 02:32 PM PST

    I recently opened my copy of XI and looking forward to playing it. Will have a video of the unboxing tomorrow if you guys are interested in hearing my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/schmupitup
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest III Solo Challenge - Part 2 "Rocky learns the meaning of pain"

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:42 PM PST

    Our quest finally continues! Last time our stubborn hero-in-training "Rocky" got his grubby hands on the Thief's Key from an old man in the Dreamer's Tower. We shall see how quickly his optimism fades away when he leaves the continent of Aliahan.

    The Wrecking Ball

    Now that Rocky has the Thief's Key, he can get the Wrecking Ball from an old man in Reeve and travel to the east where he can use it to blast open the path to a teleportal. The dungeon is not too difficult to traverse and so he successfully leaves Aliahan.

    Benvenuti a Romaria, a region that is most definitely not shaped like Italy! This is the part where the enemies become more capable - over are the times where an attack could at most deal 1 point of damage! It's time for a new strategy!

    A Tale of two Weapons

    One thing we've had to deal with are large groups of enemies that are hard to take down in time. But with a total of 5 mini medals we gathered along the way, Rocky can get a thorn whip from the dude in the well that attacks entire groups! And we don't even have to say goodbye to our main weapon as we can simply switch our weapons mid-battle whenever we need to. This mechanic is essential to the future of this solo challenge because I will use it a lot!

    With the money we have with us, purchasing the strongest equipment in Romaria is a piece of cake. But Rocky learns the painful lesson that being strong means nothing ... if the enemies are stronger. Or can put you to sleep, like the spiked hare often does. Or burn you alive while you're sleeping like the prestidigitators accompanying them. This is our second death.

    Oh, but this is only the beginning! A few crabids and putrefidos kill Rocky again after he attempted to go north (we could also go east but that might be even worse). I another instance he encounters a restless armour ... which lands a crit and erases him from existence once again. At least we manage to find even better equipment in Khoryv, also known as Not-Poland.

    A World of Pain and Bloodshed

    The beauty about Dragon Quest III is how open-ended it is. At this point of the game, we can go to a tower in the west and find a stolen crown or free an enchanted village from its curse or do neither and go on to the east where the monsters are evens stronger. Rocky decides to do both in due time, as a test of strength to himself. He needs to become even stronger.

    This is the first time where our hero, in his desperation, voluntarily picks up a book for the first time. "Would I Lie to You?" changes our personality from narcissist to slippery devil which has better stat growths than the other one. Now we are forced to grind.

    The monsters are vicious. The restless armors come in teams and they can summon healslimes to their aid who often out-heal the damage Rocky can deal. The scornets can sometimes paralyze you which is a death sentence in a solo challenge because there is no one to help you once they get you. Every time a scornet scores a hit, my heart skips a beat. And the dungeons aren't better. Skyfell Tower has a boss that downs me in a few rounds with ease and the cave with the dreamstone is inhabited by powerful spellcasters and icky mushrooms that can put you to sleep.

    Imagine any scenario that could have killed me and I assure you I experienced it. A total of 12 deaths can be added to the death counter here. The good news is that Rocky was able to sneak all the way to Not-Saudi Arabia and get to Asham where he can buy even better equipment from the money he just barely scratched together between all those times losing half of it.

    The Dreamstone

    But there is progress! The cave in Not-Scandinavia is, as Rocky puts it, "easy-peasy lemon squeezy" especially if you have, like him, health points in the three-digits and a metric ton of medical herbs to pep you up after every single battle grinding your bones. Though the morphean mushrooms kill him on his way back after he won't wake up from his sleep, he can finish the quest and save the enchanted village Norvik from the sleeping curse ... allowing access to a boomerang!

    With this new weapon to show for, even the boss in Skyfell Tower should fall to his knees! Or so we hope. Fate has it out for us and we don't know what it brings. The adventure has only just begun ...

    Total number of deaths: 17

    Current level as of writing: 17

    submitted by /u/Bell_of_Wishing
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest ds titles repro carts

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 09:48 PM PST

    So, usually when I go to look for the dragon quest games for the ds (4 5 6), they're usually really high priced. I wouldn't mind buying a repro cart of them instead if it could save me money, but I don't know where to even find a repro cart and I don't know if they even exist. If someone has some knowledge on the subject to share I would appreciate it

    submitted by /u/Gamonator
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Definitive Edition on PS4 worth it if you own on Switch?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I haven't finished the game on ps4 and got it for switch on sale, I'm at the frozen kingdom, I was planning to wait and just start on definitive edition when it came to ps4 but I just learned your save data from the original will not carry over, is it even worth getting or should I finish it on ps4, or just shelve that one and play the switch version since I have it?

    submitted by /u/brett695
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dragon Quest as culturally significant in Japan as people seem to think or is this just hyperbole from westerners?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 05:25 PM PST

    I've been wondering lately about how significant DraQue really is in Japan. I know there's some things people like to say such as the myth of DQ legally having to be released on weekends. It seems like westerners probably overestimate how popular DQ is in Japan. Especially in the modern day where both Pokemon and Monster Hunter seem to achieve much more success.

    I still think Dragon Quest is great but I still can't help but wonder about how big a deal it actually is.

    submitted by /u/derpkhan
    [link] [comments]

    Never played a Dragon Quest game. Where should I start?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 05:24 PM PST

    Hi everyone. I've never played a DQ game before and I'm curious where to start. A lot of people say start with 8. Why not 1? I have a smartphone, 3ds, and ps4.

    submitted by /u/Gmurr118
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment