• Breaking News

    Friday, December 18, 2020

    Dragon Quest Don't talk to me or my son ever again

    Dragon Quest Don't talk to me or my son ever again


    Don't talk to me or my son ever again

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Dai and Leona by ふく

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:08 AM PST

    I played through the entire game with Gemma's charm because it felt right to do and now I have the upgrade which I didn't know existed

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:14 AM PST

    Might have spoken too soon...

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:22 AM PST

    Rab was always a bit over-optimistic

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:51 PM PST

    Work in progress, Yangus painting. Getting ready to ink and watercolor soon. Based on designs and art by the one and only Akira Toriyama!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:08 AM PST

    DQIV: I'm having massive trouble with a specific boss, but I found this great armour shop in Endor. The conundrum is... with all the massive grinding I'd have to do, to afford the most expensive suit for most of my party, I'd probably be able to easily swat the boss without needing the armour... ��

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:24 AM PST

    Another Dragon Quest painting. Rotoslinger-art on tumblr or rotoslinger_art on Instagram if you are interested in seeing more.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:34 PM PST

    Decided to treat myself today; beginning my journey

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:04 PM PST

    DQXI S PS4 — platinum trophy with stronger monsters on + completed bestiary :D

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:12 PM PST

    I need help forming a party.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:53 AM PST

    I'm very new to Dragon Quest 9 and was thinking what would be a good party to form.

    I was thinking:

    Armamentalist (Hero)

    Martial Artist

    Priest or Paladin

    Sage

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Iidaro
    [link] [comments]

    I am so glad this community is sensitive about spoilers...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:14 PM PST

    Because I was NOT expecting to be this way in the beginning of act 2...

    submitted by /u/NotTheSeagull
    [link] [comments]

    i know there hasn’t been anything about dqx in a bit... but why is this not working?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:58 AM PST

    Sakurai gettin' my hopes up for NOTHIN'

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:28 PM PST

    Japanese dq 11

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:05 AM PST

    I'm from the uk and I would like to play dq 11 in japanese but I heard that u cant change the language of the game once bought. Would changing the region to 'Japan' before I buy it from the eshop allow it to work? I would love some tips thx

    submitted by /u/default_god21
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI crashing??

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 02:07 AM PST

    anyone else's game keep crashing? i'm talking 6 times in the last 40 minutes. playing on PS5

    submitted by /u/originals28
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest does in fact evolve and try new things

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:27 AM PST

    There's this idea I've seen that, because the Dragon Quest series doesn't drastically reinvent itself in each instalment, it's largely static and unchanging - and somehow I've seen this said by fans of the series as well as detractors.

    While it is true that every title has the same basic set of mechanics, just taking a closer look at any of them side by side shows that they continually make tweaks. Dragon Quest I only had one party member, for instance, and Dragon Quest II had three in addition to larger enemy groups and introducing the concept of enemies dropping items. III had a party of four with customizable classes, and while IV has static party members, it also has a total of eight party members that you choose four of, and can even swap between during battle sometimes.

    But I think the most obvious example of evolution and tweaking in the more recent entries in the series is the skill point system. Introduced in VIII, both the main series and spinoffs would go on to try new things with it - Joker would combine it with monster bredding, while IX combined it with a III-style vocation system. XI would have a skill grid rather than a few static skills to put up to 100 points in.

    There are plenty of other examples, but those are the ones I feel best illustrate my point. The series may not completely reinvent itself, but that doesn't mean it isn't making tweaks and evolving.

    submitted by /u/TheCheeseOfYesterday
    [link] [comments]

    Question about one particular thing in the Definitive Edition of DQ11. (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:37 PM PST

    Okay, so I know they added more marriage options in the DE (as well as some platonic "bromance" options), but what I want to know is, did they change the context of marriage any?

    In the original game, there was a being who could grant you a wish. One of the things you could wish for was "I want to be married." If you pick this, the wish-granter just says "okay, you're married" and that's it. If you go back to the your hometown, you'll find out that you're now married to that one NPC girl who was into you whose name I can't remember at the moment, and she and everyone else in town act like you've been married for a long time. It quickly becomes apparent that when you wished "to be married", the wish-granter just rewrote reality so that you're already married. Regardless of how you may feel about this NPC girl being the only marriage option, it's.... really unsettling how she has absolutely no say in the matter, and just has her mind and memories altered to believe that she's your wife and has been your wife for some time. To say nothing of the entire population of your hometown having their minds altered as well.

    I have not played the Definitive Edition yet, so my question is: did it change the way in which you get married at all? Is there now an actual wedding, possibly with a romance building up to it? Or is it the exact same "instant marriage" wish as in the original game, only now you have a choice of who to rob of their consent and free will?

    submitted by /u/qwerfgbn
    [link] [comments]

    Should I continue with my DQ XI S on Switch or restart it on the PC version?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:27 PM PST

    I got the xbox game pass ultimate for 3 months for 1 dollar and I got a save on Switch way past Gondolia. But I haven't picked it back up in ages. The game looks so much better in 1440P on my PC...but i feel i might not complete it again if i restart it...someone help me choose.

    submitted by /u/BladeoftheImmortal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment