• Breaking News

    Monday, December 7, 2020

    Dragon Quest Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest XI S graphical comparison (description in comments)

    Dragon Quest Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest XI S graphical comparison (description in comments)


    Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest XI S graphical comparison (description in comments)

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:32 AM PST

    Beautiful ����

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 03:27 PM PST

    I've been wanting to make this for a while lol. Not sure why they chose Pots, Barrels, and Drawers. Maybe the DQ Heroes take inspiration from Link?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 01:27 AM PST

    Thank You, Dragon Quest.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:31 PM PST

    I'm sure there are probably a million posts like these but I guess I'd just like to share my appreciation for this series with people who also love it. Sounds cheesy but I guess that's just how I'm feeling.

    At first I thought very little of you. Perhaps it was a disinterest in traditional RPGs at that time, but once I began collecting old games, I gave Dragon Warrior 1-2 on Gameboy a shot, and I found myself loving it more and more. I quickly became hooked, and since then have spent countless hours playing Dragon Quest/Warrior on various consoles. It truly felt like I was immersed in the world, like a small ordinary person was now an adventurer braving the world alone or with steadfast companions.

    For the first time, I truly felt like a hero.

    As the years went by and many things changed in my life and around the world, I always seem to return to being a hero no matter what. In my highest and mightiest, my lowest, times when I had all the company I enjoyed, and when I was truly alone, you were there for me, Dragon Quest. You always were.

    I didn't think this series would mean a lot to me, but it does. Every time I play, all my troubles seem to go away and I always play with a big stupid grin on my face. You showed me a variety of charming worlds, memorable characters, and unforgettable adventures. I was a descendant of legends, a monster tamer, an ordinary person from a port town, but no matter where I started, I was always a hero. I guess the same could be said of all of us who've played it? No matter where we come from, where we started, or how old we are...

    ....we are all heroes.

    Thank you very much, Dragon Quest. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Jo_Star238
    [link] [comments]

    What table with Dragon Quest characters are you sitting at?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    Best Hallelujah + Electro Light Yet ��

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:34 PM PST

    Does anyone remember Dragon Quest Swords for the Wii?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 06:45 PM PST

    I Painted a Cruelcumber

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:32 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/NUviVQ4.jpg

    Today is my birthday. I got my first Nintendo Switch and DQ is the first game I played. I wasn't a DQ fan, I had never played DQ before, but I love the game after the first 5 hour game play today.

    My favorite game from childhood is Cross Gate. Although it's a MMO game, it resembles DQ a lot. I love turn based combat and the cute cartoon style.

    I'm not a painter, my wife wanted to do something meaningful on my birthday and we decided to paint some pictures for our son (we are in the 22th week of pregnancy). I painted a Cruelcumber because they are cute and their name is so funny!

    submitted by /u/shaneqi
    [link] [comments]

    everyone loves xi and viii but can we show vii some love

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:02 PM PST

    Starting this beauty today. The opening almost made me tear up. I haven’t played a Dragon Quest game since I was a kid. Any good tips?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:14 PM PST

    It’s happening! I love this game.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Dragon quest 2 goal?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:39 AM PST

    So I'm relatively new to the series and decided to start from the beginning. I made it through DQ1 without issue but now I'm on 2 and I'm feeling a bit lost. Is there some more clear cut goal I'm supposed to be pursuing? I understand there's the overall goal of stopping the big bad but as it stands I just finished getting the third party member and the story progression just seemed to grind to a halt. To compare to DQ1 they made it fairly clear from our ancestors tomb that there were three people we needed to find in order to get what we needed to beat the dragon king. But here there doesn't seem to be anything. Am I just supposed to wander aimlessly hoping to stumble across whatever I'm supposed to be doing? Am I missing something here that told me what I'm supposed to do next? I'm enjoying the game but it's a little frustrating not having anything to go off of for what I should be doing right now.

    submitted by /u/GreenishWombat
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going through the DQ games for the first ones. Any tips on which games to skip/which spin-offs are a must?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 09:38 AM PST

    As stated above, I'm gonna, from start to finish, work my way through the dragon quest mainline games. Only one I ever played was DQ Builders 2, so I'm ber new to the series.

    I did the same with Final Fantasy a while back, and whilst most were great, there were some that might have been better to just skip all together than to fight through.

    Is there any games like that in the DQ series, like FF2 or FF13, where a story recap might be a better choice than to actually play the game?

    Also, is there any spin-off series (other than builders) that's worth looking into?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IsaakKF
    [link] [comments]

    Puff is a German Word

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:28 AM PST

    Is the loot different in DQIX 2d and 3d mode?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 08:18 AM PST

    I looked around online a bit and it seems like the maps and loot are sometimes located in very different places? There was also a mention of some bug for an achievent when counting some item since items respawn in the 2d version but not the 3d version. Someone also said that you can play through both versions in order to get duplicates of certain items

    Tl;dr will playing through the parts I played in the vanilla version in 2d mode and then switch to 3d once Im caught up affect me in any way?

    submitted by /u/YourBoyPet
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon quest on ios

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 04:56 AM PST

    I want to get into the series and was wondering if they aged well. I saw all of them on iOS. I wanna get into it. Is there a review someone can link it to this?

    submitted by /u/buharibawa
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 XI definitive edition questions

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 04:23 AM PST

    I played XI on the orignal PS4 version and completed it, never finished all the trophies and left a few side quests.

    I want to finish it off but would also like to play the new version.

    Questions:

    1. Is it a separate trophy list
    2. Does save data transfer between the two versions
    submitted by /u/Jarster2608
    [link] [comments]

    Cheesing off Act 3 final boss in 2 rounds feels satisfying

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 06:26 PM PST

    Graphical differences DQ11 S Xbox Series X vs SWITCH

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 03:05 AM PST

    So I know that when the S version was released on the switch, there were notable graphical downgrades (which is natural). Now that the version has been ported to next gen, do we still see those drawbacks or has the game reverted to the maximum level of quality?

    submitted by /u/xistel
    [link] [comments]

    DQXIS [Steam] - Is there a Japanese (text/UI) patch?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:25 AM PST

    Hello,

    I got the demo for DQXIS on Steam and before purchasing I'd like to see if it's possible to change the text to Japanese.

    It doesn't seem like the Japanese language is supported on the Steam store page, but I was hoping there'd be some kind of patch available to get the Japanese text/UI in some way or another.

    I would buy the game from Japan with a VPN if I could, but all online platforms have some kind of region-exclusive keys issues (banning the use of VPN), and I don't think I've seen a physical release for the PC version.

    Does anyone know anything about it?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tsukihi3
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished watching Dragon Quest: Your Story

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 02:01 AM PST

    Damn !! WOW that ending !!!! that ending made it for me. It went from a great movie to an out of this world I can't believe they just did that type movie.

    I'm all excited now and I was supposed to get ready for bed lol. If you haven't seen it, watch it right now. But only if you have played DQ5, I feel like that really made the experience more special

    submitted by /u/SHaRkNiT0
    [link] [comments]

    XI S: Switch and PC save compatibility

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 05:38 PM PST

    I haven't seen anyone really talk about it, but is there a way to bring your switch save over to the PC version? I know the whole point of the new release is that they had to use the updated Switch engine to build the definitive edition, so I've been holding out hope.

    submitted by /u/jhellen158
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment