• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 15, 2020

    Dragon Quest FABULOUS!!!

    Dragon Quest FABULOUS!!!


    FABULOUS!!!

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:20 PM PST

    Fabulous Chibi Sylvando

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 03:24 PM PST

    Got my self a little X-mas gift. My collection is coming along.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 01:27 PM PST

    Procrastinating and thinking about them old sprites :)

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:10 PM PST

    Testing the Password Data Transfer system on Dragon Quest XI on the PS4 and 3DS! (Japanese versions)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 09:10 AM PST

    My problem with DQ is....sometimes i don't understand what some people saying...mostly i understand what they said but...i am not native speaker so it's hard to me know what people actually saying

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 11:19 AM PST

    Lineage Tree to Breeding Darkdrium

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:58 AM PST

    Playtime issue on XB1

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:58 AM PST

    Is there a way I can stop the in-game clock from running when putting the XB1 in sleep mode? I just got to Gondola and the clock is already showing 300 hours of play, it's not a huge issue but just kind of silly.

    submitted by /u/hcollector
    [link] [comments]

    if you throw a slime fast enough could you kill something

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:08 AM PST

    let's say you get jumped by some random monster and a slime is jumping around next to you

    could you use that slime like a baseball and clock that monster or would it just bounce off

    submitted by /u/BlueLizalfos
    [link] [comments]

    Old school DQ fan struggling with the level of hand-holding in DQXI... Does the game let you "fly from the nest" at some point?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:04 AM PST

    I'm about 12 hours in, currently in Gallopolis.

    By way of background, I played the original DQ games back on the NES as a kid. I moved away from video games for a couple decades, so pretty much missed the 3d era of video games until a few years ago.

    When I got a smartphone I figured out I could play DQ games, and soon played 1-6 in order (some of those more than once). I think I'm somewhat of an oddball in that 6 is my favorite of the series so far. I absolutely LOVE the open, unguided exploration portion of the game. After 6, my order would be 3-4-5 (although this is extremely close and I would rate all these games above 9 out of 10). I also really enjoy 2 despite all the hate it gets - especially the open world sigil search. 1 is of course a classic although you definitely need to be in a nostalgic mood to forgive its simplicity.

    I've never played 7-8-9 because I don't own a 3ds and am not sure I would enjoy a 3d game on my phone. Been waiting for the opportunity to play these on a console (I also don't own any version of PS).

    So that gets me to XI... Thus far I'm not finding that open feeling of exploration I love about DQ games. Every area I've been to, it feels very obvious where to go... I can't even think of a time I've had the option to go to two different towns in either order.

    I loved how in (for example) 1 you might cross a bridge and suddenly find yourself demolished by the next enemy and think "Well I guess I'll come back here after 7 level ups and a upgrading all my equipment." I don't think I've ever felt challenged by a single battle in 11... even the boss battles. I've only died once when I just spaced and forgot to heal up between battles.

    Some other examples of the "hand holding" I'm not used to: - Townspeople you need to talk to to move to the next step in the story are marked with a pink bubble. You don't get to just wander around the town and talk to everyone and try to figure out for yourself whether what they said was important. - You're just handed maps of every place you go, including dungeons (!) - There aren't really any puzzles/riddles to figure out. I've never had a moment where I seriously had to think about what to do next. I'm just walking from place to place and doing exactly what the game straightforwardly tells me to do, in the order it tells me to do it. - I always have enough gold to buy stuff. I've never seen anything in a shop and thought "Damn I'll need to save up for a while."

    Look I don't mean to complain. The game is beautiful, and fun to play. Every night I play it for about an hour and my two young kids gather on the couch and are clearly captivated by the graphics, settings, characters, and stories (and I am too). It has kind of become our nightly bedtime story which makes it worth playing by itself. It's just a real different experience from the DQ of old. I feel more like I'm walking through a lightly interactive, extremely long movie rather than playing a game, if that makes sense.

    submitted by /u/badicaldude22
    [link] [comments]

    Every thing was going so well... until it wasnt

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:35 AM PST

    Definitive Edition: Rab (SPOILER)

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 10:36 PM PST

    for me, and those in the future, you do NOT have to beat Grand Master Pang during Rab's segment in the Definitive edition. yes, beating Pang probably gives ever EXP and Gold, but it is not nessecary. simply tell Pang you dont give up and fight again, and again if nessacary.

    Again, this is information for the DEFINITIVE EDITION on Switch and Xbox, which added several extra parts after the fall of the World Tree.

    Mods, i could not find this information anywhere on the internet, either google is evil, or no one has reported on it.

    submitted by /u/NoctustheOwl55
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Dragon Quest

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 12:05 AM PST

    Hey all,

    So I recently got myself a Nintendo Switch with 2 games, those being Dragon Quest 11 and Animal Crossing.

    I am really loving Dragon Quest 11 and it could possibly end up being my favorite JRPG ever, likely tied with Tales of Symphonia. (I'm a lot more fond of Western CRPGs like Baldur's Gate, the OG Fallouts or Disco Elysium)

    Dragon Quest 11 is my first DQ game, but I loved it so much that I decided to pick up DQ 1, 2, and 3 from the E-Shop, along with DQ Builders 1.

    What would your favorite DQ game be, and why? Along with this, what would be the best way to experience the game given the current state of technology?

    submitted by /u/RetroRPG
    [link] [comments]

    Whose best waifu/husbando

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 11:53 PM PST

    I figured since the S version is available for just about everyone and it's been playable for a couple weeks now is the best time to ask this. Who was your favorite person to be with at the end?

    Edit: I didn't include Rab and Veronica because it limited me to 6 choices. If you want to vote for one of them feel free to comment.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/arcangel89
    [link] [comments]

    Seed farming?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 11:32 PM PST

    In DQ XI (switch version) I'm planning on getting everyone's stats to 999. I know how to farm seeds of strength for the most part, but is there anyway to farm seeds of life, magic, agility etc fairly quickly?

    submitted by /u/ribguy101
    [link] [comments]

    The mapping

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:10 AM PST

    I just installed the DQ2,3,4 on android and having the same problem. I am using Xiaomi 10T Pro. The button mapping is changed. I have to tap on above the button to make a click. I tried turn on/off the Full screen mode and have no luck. Any advice, please.

    submitted by /u/Natto-Ramen
    [link] [comments]

    What DQ game should I get after DQ11?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 04:25 PM PST

    I'm stuck between DQ4 and journey of the cursed king.

    submitted by /u/Cats-Are-My-World
    [link] [comments]

    What class changes would be best for my party?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 05:32 PM PST

    Playing the GBC version if that helps. I'm on the pepper quest(the one before you get the boat and then have to collect the 6 orbs), but that's not important. Basically, I've been doing some boring ass grinding for metal slimes in Garuna Tower. Anyways, Here's my party.

    Hero, Male, lvl 46, Fearless(valiant with the Hero ring)

    Mage, Male, lvl 60, Smart

    Cleric, Female, lvl 41, Tomboy

    Warrior, Male(wish I picked female but too late now Lol), lvl 51 Jock

    p.s. I've never done class changes before, so I'm a total noob at this.

    So anyways, what would yall recommend?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Quesadilla_75
    [link] [comments]

    idk why there hasnt been a sub related to dragon quest shitposting .... but here we goo pfffblphh

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 02:50 PM PST

    What’s so special about Dragon Quest 11?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:19 AM PST

    I see people constantly talking about how great DQ11 is, and honestly, as an outsider, I don't get it. It looks like a fairly typical and boring jrpg from everything I've seen and heard. And honestly, I just want to know, what makes Dragon Quest 11 "one of the best jrpgs"? Why should I play it when more unique rpgs with actually interesting gameplay like paper mario or persona exist?

    submitted by /u/John_Nintendo_REAL
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI Richie’s Roulette

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:20 PM PST

    This gets my vote for worst quest in all DQ's. I hoped at least the S version would give us the option of pounding Richie's face in after for making me play roulette for hours in order to do something nice for a little girl.

    submitted by /u/cybilb12
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment