• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    Dragon Quest The stuff of legends

    Dragon Quest The stuff of legends


    The stuff of legends

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:05 AM PST

    Minea by shu-mai

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Decided to have some fun with the Hoffman Jr Sidequest and I do not regret it at all

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:15 AM PST

    "Dragon Quest Island" to open in Japan in Spring 2021

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:06 PM PST

    Hot damn! I hit the mother load!

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:33 PM PST

    Well ain't that satisfying 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:24 PM PST

    Literally all of us

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:09 PM PST

    My Xbox Series X came in!

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:47 PM PST

    Loving the new DQ 11 demo on PS4

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:14 AM PST

    Never played it when it first dropped. Despite being a switch port the game still looks great, especially at 60 frames. The story beats so far have genuinely surprised me with their emotional depth and the writing is just great. I already love Erik and the interactions between the characters are actually heart felt? I don't want to spoil anything. I kept hearing how the game was silly, campy, charming, and like a Saturday morning cartoon and I think that is partially correct. However their was no cartoons I watched on the weekend with this kind of emotional writing and depth in the characters. The devs did a really great job. What a breath of fresh air. I don't even like turn based combat and I'm playing with all Draconian Quests turned on and I'm still hooked. I hear it's gets more manageable after level 15 and I enjoy how difficult encounters can be. Really forces me to strategize where I can.

    submitted by /u/Curious-Mind
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Freezing - DQXI S (PC)

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:14 AM PST

    As the title says, I'm currently playing the new S version on PC, and the game will randomly freeze sometimes. It's not often, but it seems to happen most when I go into the character builder, and not when I'm just walking around. My hardware is more than enough to run the game, and it runs smoothly outside of these random pauses. Anyone else had this problem?

    submitted by /u/LunaCyclone
    [link] [comments]

    Never forget where you started.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:58 AM PST

    Angelo or Sylvando?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:39 AM PST

    Personally, I prefer Angelo, because i feel like his backstory is a bit more fleshed out, but I wanna know yall's opinions

    submitted by /u/Howai_13
    [link] [comments]

    How to play DQIX on a website?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:30 AM PST

    I want to play dragon quest 9 again, but I don't have my DS anymore. I don't know much about how things like emulators work. Basically, is it possible for me to just play the game on a website? I bought the game back then, so I wouldn't really feel like I'm avoiding supporting the game either.

    submitted by /u/PYsted
    [link] [comments]

    DQ 11 released just 5 days ago and...

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:21 PM PST

    I have 66 hours already. It's been years since I've been utterly absorbed by a game like this! I hope DQ IX gets a remake just like this...

    submitted by /u/BarrothObama
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI S on PS4

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:10 AM PST

    Soooo i was under the impression when i bought DQXI on ps4 that the awesome XI S that i saw on switch wasnt coming to ps4. And now i see its available. Is there any way i can pay to upgrade my dqxi to that version, or if i do buy XI S, will my ps4 save files work with that version so i wouldn't have to start over.....? Haaaalp!

    submitted by /u/Neverender82
    [link] [comments]

    Dragovianz Rhapthorn Days

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:54 PM PST

    Dragovianz Rhapthorn Days

    https://preview.redd.it/8311njjdw9461.png?width=1400&format=png&auto=webp&s=19158a0e5852f58fab18ba3a0bc4d1c389ddd4c1

    Just a concept i came up with one day at work. DQ8 and Gorillaz Demon Days released here around the same time and i enjoyed them both. i misspelled rhapthorne.

    I also came up with altered track names.

    1. "overture"

    2. last living souls (in trodain)

    3. kids with swords

    4. o green erdrea (roto zetasia)

    5. dirty marcello

    6. puff puff inc.

    7.el pueblo tranquilo (closest to a morning theme in dq8)

    8.every land we reach is dead

    9.argonia has come (argonia looks like fall, or november)

    10.solo run

    11.giga flash

    12.intimidate

    1. fire coming out of the goreilla's head

    2. dont get lost in zenithia

    3. rhapthorne days

    submitted by /u/Hajime-87
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Aamon have the appearance of a priest when first spoken to?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:41 PM PST

    In DQ4, when you first encounter Aamon (Radimvice in the originals) in his tower in Nadiria, his overworld sprite is that of a human priest, until he turns to his actual form when you speak to him. Does anyone think they know what the point of this is? It's not like Aamon is known to have been a human originally (like Balzack and Marquis de Leon). Without any backstory, this feature seems kind of pointless.

    With that being said, I do have a theory for why Aamon has the appearance of a human. As those who played DQ4 should know, Aamon had a group of humans kidnap Rose and murder her so that Psaro would go insane with rage and perform the Secret of Evolution on himself, leaving the position of Master of Monsters vacant for him to take. So my theory is that Aamon disguised himself as a human priest when he approached the humans who he would hire to kill Rose. Doing so in his normal appearance may have been unwise for two reasons. One, humans and monsters do not trust each other so the humans may not have agreed to take on the job since they would have been too wary of Aamon. Two, if Psaro were to hold off on killing the humans and interrogate them as to how they knew where Rose was being hidden (something that ultimately did not happen, but should have been a realistic possibility in Aamon's POV), the humans would have sold Aamon out if they knew what his real appearance/identity was, thus blowing Aamon's ruse as a loyal minion of Psaro and putting his life in danger (as although Aamon was more powerful than Psaro when in their respective Secret of Evolution forms, in their normal forms, Psaro would still be more powerful than Aamon, which is why all this behind-the-curtains plotting and backstabbing is necessary to begin with). So Aamon wisely disguised himself as a human when hiring those thugs, and he simply did not get around to shedding his disguise until the heroes encounter him in Nadiria.

    submitted by /u/Macromind101
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do with this tip in Dragon Quest 6? kinda lost at the moment

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:53 PM PST

    Shitty playthrough idea

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:30 PM PST

    Basically a normal playthrough of Dragon Quest Xi except every character is ai controlled, including the Luminary. Bonus challenge if you do every single draconian quest and beat timewyrm with them on. Also holding down ZR for boss fights is good if you want quick anxiety

    submitted by /u/Gamonator
    [link] [comments]

    Does screen percentage supersampling still works?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:42 PM PST

    So today I started DQ on pc via the game pass and the jagged lines bottered me a little, not much, but I looked into it and found about the GameUserSettings.ini file and tried to change the screen percentage to 150%. Nothing happened. The file kept the value after I saved it but nothing changed ingame. From what I have seen, people used this method to unlock framerate wich you can do from the game's menu. So, did that get patched in some way to not go above the limit?

    submitted by /u/Vavruk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment