• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    Dragon Quest IT'S ME - Veronica! LIVE Q&A with Lauren Coe

    Dragon Quest IT'S ME - Veronica! LIVE Q&A with Lauren Coe


    IT'S ME - Veronica! LIVE Q&A with Lauren Coe

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Hey Dragon Questers! Lauren Coe here, the voice of VERONICA in DragonQuestX1! So happy to be here this evening. Ask me anything, dunderheads!

    submitted by /u/coemygod
    [link] [comments]

    Tried drawing the Hero. Erik next?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:09 AM PST

    Yes

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:10 PM PST

    Just got this game and this is my first in the series. Any tips?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:49 AM PST

    i drew some DQ1 hero !

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:02 PM PST

    The AVGN did a cool video on DQ's timeline!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:02 PM PST

    I got a slime phone case!!!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:50 PM PST

    Ps4 slime controller

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:17 AM PST

    Does anyone have a slime controller for the ps4? If so do your r2 and l2 triggers work normally? Are you able to press them normally abs they work or are yours like mine where I have to push the button down very hard to get it to register and continue holding it down hard to hold my input.

    submitted by /u/neovitaone
    [link] [comments]

    Excellent Game!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:01 AM PST

    Never gotten round to playing a DQ game before, but always been interested as I love the JRPG style games. Started this one at the start of the month as it joined Xbox Gamepass and have to say it's definitely up there as one of all time favourite games.

    One thing I don't always have a lot of patience for is grinding for materials for the strongest weapons (Final Fantasy XIII put me off of that) but DQ seemed to have a workaround for every rare material needed. Although not too easy either. Same with XP grinding, you have the various methods of getting metal enemies to spawn.

    Although the game had a couple of story plot holes from what I could see, it was a very good game and clocked just over 250 hours on it to 100% :)

    Any recommendations on other DQ games that play similar or are just as good? I've seen some of them have been put onto the Nintendo Eshop...

    submitted by /u/BeesonTheBeeson
    [link] [comments]

    Spells in RPGs (ProZD)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:01 PM PST

    I decided to start to collect all the games in their physical editions, and the very day I started to look out for them, someone had this one SEALED and only for $35! It's a great start having the first one of the collection as brand new, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:36 AM PST

    What’s up with girls named _____ and cutting their hair? XD

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:59 AM PST

    DW I on GBC, Fun with Walking Through Walls

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:17 AM PST

    Does VIII take place before or after III?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:48 AM PST

    There's two conflicting pieces of evidence for this:

    https://twitter.com/souIstyce/status/1357525631991484416 (VIII take place after III)

    and

    https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonquest/comments/jvz5am/spoilers_timeline_theory/ (VIII is before III)

    specifically this:

    >!"In chapter 302 "Encounter with destiny", in order to bring a character back to life (I avoid names so as not to spoil too much, but I'm quite willing to give them out if asked), a couple will venture to heaven and discover what makes Erdrick's blood so special, the composition of the Hero's blood in short.!<

    >!It is possible that the description will change or be modified during the translation of this chapter into French. This is the link to the article that talks about the chapter in question.!<

    >!The blood of the Hero, therefore, would be a mixture of heavenly blood (天空人の血 " Tenkū hito no chi ") and the blood of the dragon god (竜神族の血 " ryūjin-zoku no chi ").!<

    >!Small etymological point necessary I think. 竜神族 is composed of three different characters:!<

    竜 = Ryu = Dragon

    >!神 = shin (or kami depending on the time) = God!<

    >!族 = zoku = tribe!<

    >!It is interesting to note that "ryujin-zoku" is only used precisely in Dragon Quest VIII, the humanoid creatures of Dragon Quest X being called "竜族", roughly meaning "tribe of the dragon", and not "tribe of the dragon god".!<

    >!The Heirs of the Emblem announces that the blood of Erdrick, the hero of Dragon Quest III has traces of Dragovian blood among other things. For this to be the case, Dragon Quest VIII must have happened before Dragon Quest III, which could be the beginning of a chronological placement trail, between XI and III."!<

    submitted by /u/get_kirbed
    [link] [comments]

    I just started playing DQ4 on IOS and I have to say, the in-battle background looks beautiful for a 16/32 bit type game like that. I think I’ll be enjoying this!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:44 PM PST

    DQ9

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:14 AM PST

    Hi, I have a question. I'd like to stream using the DQ9 soundtrack, but I've seen a lot of varying things about copyright with nintendo / Square Enix media and I'm very confused, could anyone give me a yes / no answer if anyone knows?

    submitted by /u/pyrotechnikz
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to the DQ Discord?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:22 AM PST

    So either it got deleted or I was booted for an undisclosed reason. Am I the only one?

    submitted by /u/Seamonkey2246
    [link] [comments]

    How to turn Erik into a killing machine?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:35 AM PST

    I'm using boomerangs

    submitted by /u/not_me_agaib
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I've seen this somewhere before with another character, hmmm...

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:00 PM PST

    Tips for a Noob

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:50 PM PST

    Hey everyone!

    I have DQXI S - Definitive Edition for Switch coming next month (have to wait: wanted the physical version).

    After watching loads of reviews and videos on YouTube I bought the game, having wanted something similar to Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, which I just finished and thoroughly enjoyed. I know DQ is different in it's own right, but it looked like a great game all around.

    In saying all this, any tips for someone new to this franchise, just jumping into this game? By all means let me know and no suggestion is a bad one! Can't wait to immerse myself in a few weeks (thank goodness it's a short month)!

    submitted by /u/CharltonW
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanna confirm you need to kill time wyrm to get all the achievements?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:36 AM PST

    Thought I was almost done with the game and then I saw time wyrm.. I really don't relish the thought of spending the night farming pep pops and stuff to try and beat this guy.

    submitted by /u/XKingslayerBSJ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment