• Breaking News

    Monday, November 29, 2021

    Dragon Quest Is Dragon Quest 11 Definitive Version the same as the Switch port?

    Dragon Quest Is Dragon Quest 11 Definitive Version the same as the Switch port?


    Is Dragon Quest 11 Definitive Version the same as the Switch port?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 07:13 AM PST

    Played the vanilla port years ago and loved it. Never got around to the other versions, but have been thinking about the game since. Are there any major differences been the switch port and the definitive version released?

    Edit: Thank you. I got my answer - they are the same.

    submitted by /u/Goatee_McGee
    [link] [comments]

    This Adult Swim Instagram post

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 11:39 AM PST

    Im the original fan of DragonQuest Adventure of Dai since 1989

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 12:28 PM PST

    I remember reading the original manga from 89 to 96 which I still have , I remember and still have to original anime from 90's .

    The original anime run stopped after the Baran fight

    I now waking up on Saturday to watch the remake show light a little kid every week so excited (I'm 40 now)

    I am so so excited to see my favorite character getting HD animated for the first time.

    Glad to see this community and kids loving the show !

    submitted by /u/damn_jexy
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to see my progression. How far am I to finishing the game?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 04:20 AM PST

    I'm currently doing Jade's solo quests right after the Soldiers of Smile with Sylvando. How far am I until finishing the game? Just wanted to gauge my pacing.

    submitted by /u/Vulf2077
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Adventure of Dai anime worth watching?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 08:41 AM PST

    Hey all, just recently got into the series (just beat DQ1 and 2 on switch and working on 3 rn), and I just noticed the Adventure of Dai anime, is that worth watching now, or does it spoil some of the future games?

    submitted by /u/garethastro
    [link] [comments]

    Version 2 is in the same boat now

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 09:59 PM PST

    I made a post like a day ago about version 1 having all cutscenes in English. Version 2 is now much the same. Let me stress again, it's machine translation. But we are going in and tweaking each text box to be more accurate. A full fan translation isn't going to happen till we break the encryption as the script files are somewhere past that. But for the time being it's more than legible. Making DQX dramatically more accessable than ever before!

    submitted by /u/ExalinExcels
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon quest xi recap up until…

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 08:05 AM PST

    Can someone please recap the game up until you (spoiler) find rab again in the second half of the game?

    Some stuff came up and it has been over a year since I last played, I really want to finish the game but unfortunately I have been so busy that I have forgotten most of the plot. I was 50 hours in, so starting over seems extreme.

    I know it's a lot to ask, but if anyone can help me or know where I can read a recap I would really appreciate it. This wasn't favorite game when I played it, and I really want to experience that again :)

    submitted by /u/Negalaj1324
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest XI Swords are weakest weapon type?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 12:47 PM PST

    After playing the game a second time, I came to conclusion that swords are weakest weapons in the game. I find this really weird, since they are most common among all characters, and even seem to be a default weapon for hero. I'll assume that you've played on at least stronger monsters Draconian. Let's look at all skills.

    -Flame Slash - this skill used to be fine, in DQ8 it was 1.3 damage as fire. This time, it's only 1.2, and I find it borderline useless. Unless the enemy is weak to fire, its hard to even notice higher damage than normal, because of dmg fluctuation. Whats even worse, a hero can deal more damage with regular greatsword attacks, than with this. Unless the enemy was crippling weak to fire, but how would you know it anyway?

    -Metal Slash - again, borderline useless. You'd need to have at least 2 characters with metal slash to kill anything in time, and once liquids start appearing, its too weak to bother. Honestly, I don't remember if I used it even once. Serena joins earlier than you can get this skill, and it's better to use her guaranteed critical hit skill to farm metals. After you get Jade, there is no place for this skill, you will save, summon metals and kill them with aforementioned crit. skills. Reload if failed.

    -Dragon Slash - the only good skill. Double damage against common enemies and bosses, for almost no cost. Still, almost every weapon gets a race skill, and greatswords can hit as hard against anything, with cutting edge.

    -Sword Guard - solid skill, but its too far in the tree to get early, and in later game, you won't have time to use it, you'll be either attacking, or healing (as hero). Hendrik should just use immense defense, Sylv and Erik has dodge skills with similar effect.

    -Miracle Slash - this one USED TO be good, but they nerfed it to hell. Damage from 1.25 to just 1, and healing from 50% of damage dealt to just 25%. It's a regular hit, that heals a pathetic amount of health. Even when fighting as hero solo, it's better to use a normal healing spell and just spam stronger attacks.

    And this is it. Falcon slash does NOT count, since its not in sword tree (and Sylvando does not get access to it at all). Yes, it is a good skill, but again, greatswords offer the same damage skill, just 10 hours earlier. giga-skills, Gyrfalcon and Fatal Flash are all good, but these are character exclusive, so I don't think it's fair to include them.

    In the end, there is no character that should use swords. Hero is better with GS unless you're fighting huge groups of different mobs (mostly trials of hama), Hendrik would be a good candidate, if axes didn't exist (they hit almost as hard as GS, and allow use of shield), Sylvando is borderline useless with swords. Erik is the only one I'd consider giving swords, but only due to his duplicate skill. And even then, daggers have much higher ceiling.

    I seriously have no idea what happened here. Why are flame and miracle slashes so nerfed? It seems to me, that they made swords as the first category during development, by the end they realized how weak they are, so they just buffed falcon slash (its insane how stronger it is compared to previous games) and added a bunch of late game exclusive skills to make up for it. Weird.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/AlefZero00
    [link] [comments]

    I never knew you could do it the original game so I never really noticed but in XIS is the party automatically done or do you have to press a certain button on the attack?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 12:07 PM PST

    How much do you think the DQIII Remake will cost?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 01:04 PM PST

    Why are we still here...just to suffer part 2: electric boogaloo

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 01:36 PM PST

    Finished DQ5

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 02:07 PM PST

    I bought DQ 3 Switch literally a day or do before the remake was announced.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 06:47 PM PST

    Should I go ahead and play it or wait? In finishing up grinding 11 and am gonna need something to play. I really want to play the remake too is 3 one of the ones with high replay value?

    submitted by /u/Meme_to_the_Extreme
    [link] [comments]

    Might they take liberties with the plot of DQ3 HD-2D?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 07:31 PM PST

    Team Asano is handling development of the remake. They worked on Bravely Default II, a series known for meta twists.

    I haven't played FF7R but my understanding is they opened the door to significant plots changes from the OG with a meta twist.

    This makes me wonder, could there be a meta twist in DQ3 HD-2D?

    submitted by /u/Romojr50
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment