• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 17, 2019

    Dragon Quest Bianca and Madason "switching things up" by 桜井悠斗 (@yuto___sakurai)

    Dragon Quest Bianca and Madason "switching things up" by 桜井悠斗 (@yuto___sakurai)


    Bianca and Madason "switching things up" by 桜井悠斗 (@yuto___sakurai)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:37 AM PST

    I drew Serena a few days ago

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 09:34 PM PST

    [DQ11] The best crafting job I've done so far!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:44 AM PST

    DQ 11 Builds

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:32 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I'm about to start Dragon Quest XI and am looking for some spoiler-free opinions/straightforward guides on the best weapons, skills, builds for each character etc. I know there are quite a few topics on this out there, but having a list in one place would be nice. Any recommendations will be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/katineko
    [link] [comments]

    Hello everyone! Just started playing Dragon Quest XI on Switch. And I got a question; should I just sell all of the stuff I foraged from the sparkly spots, or keep them just in case there are something I could use them with something else (like ingredient for making something)? Thank you in advance!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 04:44 AM PST

    What Should I do with Sylvando Skill Wise?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:47 AM PST

    Basically what the title says. I'm in act 3/Postgame all my characters are about mid 60's and I'm just wondering what weapon people like to have sylvando as?

    Currently I've developed him in whips but have also had him on swords in the past, but I feel like he lacks a bit of oomph (not the spell he definitely has that) in battle.

    tl;dr what weapon will make the most of Sylvando?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Lethal13
    [link] [comments]

    You just got Rabed

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:13 AM PST

    DQ 11 on Switch, PS4, or PC?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 06:19 AM PST

    Ive never played a Dragon Quest game before but Ive heard 11 is great. Should I get it for PC, PS4, or the definitive edition for Switch?

    submitted by /u/Champizard
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Walkthroughs

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 04:10 AM PST

    For anyone who is thinking about going back and playing one of the older dragon quest games, i have some walkthroughs for you to use! As a big fan of the dragon quest and final fantasy series, i have gone back and written walkthroughs for many of the different entries. For dragon quest, i have full walkthroughs for 4, 8 and 9. The walkthrough for 4 and 9 are for the DS versions and 8 is the ps2/ps network version. If you're interested in checking them out, below are the complete walkthroughs:

    Dragon Quest IV: https://almarsguides.com/retro/walkthroughs/NDS/Games/DragonQuestIVChaptersoftheChosen/

    Dragon Quest VIII: https://www.almarsguides.com/retro/walkthroughs/ps2/games/DragonQuestVIIIJourneyoftheCursedKing/

    Dragon Quest IX: https://almarsguides.com/retro/walkthroughs/NDS/Games/DragonQuestIXSentinelsoftheStarrySkies/

    submitted by /u/almarsguides123
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to beat any of the DQ games before player builders 2?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:56 AM PST

    This is a weird question but as much as I enjoy dragon quest, I could never beat any of the games due to how grindy and slow they can get, but after watching some gameplay of Builders 2, it looks like a fun game to chill out with. Is it a bad idea to start with this game?

    submitted by /u/FatDragonQuest
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI POST GAME

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:51 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I've completed the main story and visited the Tower of Time. Before I go back to the past, are there any quests/ stuff I should do? Will I lose any quests if I go back in the past? Are there any items that I won't be able to get? Will my characters' levels be reset? Generally what should I do before I go back in time?

    submitted by /u/_-KaTana-_
    [link] [comments]

    Help on Tentacular?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 09:20 AM PST

    Most of my party is between 16-17 except Jade and Rab, level 23 (Yes i'm fully aware how underleveled I am) I have the cannon, but because of how low-leveled I am, I feel I'm missing some crucial spells. Any help please?

    submitted by /u/Tonda_Gossa_
    [link] [comments]

    Besides the crossbow accolades, are there any accolades in the PS4/PC versions that aren’t in the switch version?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:26 AM PST

    Best place to grind before Fortress of Fear? (Endgame spoilers)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:24 AM PST

    I've already tried Indignus once and he wiped the floor with me. So where's the best place to find monsters who give a lot of XP?

    submitted by /u/Blueybeak
    [link] [comments]

    Veronica x Megumin crossover

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 11:47 AM PST

    Playing through DQ5 again. Forgot how heavy handed the wedding choice was...

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 04:12 PM PST

    Would love (if there was ever a switch remake/version) that they gave you more of a choice here, or made your choice of wife matter later in the game slightly.

    Still probably would have chosen Bianca anyway, but would have like that the choice be less heavy-handed.

    submitted by /u/EphemeralMemory
    [link] [comments]

    (SPOILER)Looking for Song 2

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 02:44 PM PST

    Dq 11 in the island with the seer after I fell from the ship. Whats the song called

    submitted by /u/Manemuf
    [link] [comments]

    How Long Do I Have Left? (DQ7 SPOILERS)

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 11:45 AM PST

    I'm trying to decide whether or not I should finish this game as its just taking sooo long and most of it is faffing about but anyway, I have just gained control of Sir Mervyn after the almighty has sealed off Estard and you're trying to use the four shrines to get the four great spirits to help you, how long is left? It's driving me up the wall after 100 long hours of backtracking, talking to Npcs and having my party members flip flop out of the damn game.

    submitted by /u/Cloud39472
    [link] [comments]

    [DQ3 SNES] Started the game and immediatly thrown off by the combat.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 03:41 PM PST

    Hi everyone.
    After finishing DQ11 I decided to play DQ3 since apparently it's "the one everybody loves" and I had the ROM on my hacked SNES mini.

    I wasn't the biggest fan of 11 and thought that by looking at the series roots, I could better understand peoples appreciation for it.
    The mechanics are mostly obtuse like personalities and job changing but I don't want to use an online guide and the overall difficulty seems to be tuned in a manner that makes it unneccesary to grind or play optimally which is great.

    I started 2 days ago so I'm a bit into the game; currently in "south america" and trying to get a mirror from a cave to give an indication of where I'm roughly at.

    Now to my question: What the F is up with magic in this game?!
    Physical attacks were pretty easy to figure out - the only thing that's not straight forward is aoe, which is basically 100% dmg for the first, 50% for enemy 2,3,4 and 25% for the remaining. Of course I don't know that for certain but that's what it looks like to me.

    Magic however seems completely random: Buffs always apply afaik, but debuffs don't and I haven't seen any way to tell if an enemy is immune or you just missed. This kind of inconsistency drove me mad in 11 too but now I want to understand the system.

    The same goes for damaging spells. For physical attacks the rule seems to be that the attack only misses when a character has the illusion debuff or the damage dealt is below a certain threshold because of high enemy defense.
    Spells however just seem random; sometimes my fire won't hit e.g. the armor guys. You'd think the game wants you to kill enemies with high phys def by casting spells but no? Also the defense debuff tends to miss those guys so wtf?! Some enemies of course are probably immune, like the voodoo guys or the shriveled dick mages but why does magic miss so often?

    I'm theorizing that magic resistance means instead of reducing spell damage by a certain percentage like every normal game in DQ it gives that chance to completely negate spells and otherwise take normal damage but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the whole magic system.

    So if anyone has experience with the older games and can explain what I'm doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/vysaro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment