• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 12, 2019

    Dragon Quest Roto finally meets his father by yuto___sakurai

    Dragon Quest Roto finally meets his father by yuto___sakurai


    Roto finally meets his father by yuto___sakurai

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 06:59 PM PST

    One of the collections I'm rebuilding.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:17 PM PST

    My custom name finally paid off. (Very small spoilers for DQ11, Act 3)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:04 PM PST

    DQXI locations being based on real-world cultures is my favorite detail

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:31 PM PST

    I imagine this is a small detail to some people, but I really love that the different regions of the game are based on real-world locations. It really makes the world of Erdrea feel like a massive land full of culture and variety.

    This is in stark contrast to another game I just played: Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I loved pretty much everything else about that game, but with all of the characters speaking in American English accents, it's hard to believe on a subconscious level that all these characters are from these different cultures spread across a continent. Petra is the strongest example of this. She's supposed to be especially "foreign," so much so that her character is written in broken English, yet she speaks in a flawless American English accent. I can suspend disbelief for all of the fantasy elements of the game, but this was really hard for me to look past.

    On the other hand, in Dragon Quest, the characters come from unique cultures with their own accents and languages. Not only that, but the player's knowledge and impressions of the analogous real-world locations just add richness and context to the game. This turned into a bit of a rant about Fire Emblem, but really I just want to express appreciation for this loving detail in Dragon Quest!

    submitted by /u/aaadams
    [link] [comments]

    I love Dragon Quest V but always end up playing it the same way.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:34 AM PST

    I have a ton of fun with monsters in gen 2, but then I always choose Bianca and always keep my kids in the party for gen 3. This playthrough I'm gonna really explore the party system in the postgame, but I always feel like I'm missing out because I feel like I should go with this setup for story reasons.

    submitted by /u/Snacko00
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest III tips or basic info for a newcomer?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:05 AM PST

    Hi!

    So, I got the Switch's DQ1-2-3 bundle, and I'm starting DQ3 this week. Already beat the first two, but would really like some recommendations or tips or any info for 3, since I've heard this one's a bit different than the other 2.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/p1p31150
    [link] [comments]

    DQ3 iOS: I beat Baramos, now what?? [spoilers]

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Hey everyone. Oldschool NES Dragon Warrior fan here turned iOS Dragon Quest fan.

    I was slow to come around to DQ3's open-world style but I love it now. Problem is, I don't always pick up on what I'm supposed to be doing next.

    Latest example of this: I just beat Baramos -- woohoo! -- only to have no idea where to go now. I just keep popping into places I've already been, and it's getting tedious. I get little clues here and there, but nothing big or obvious. Looking for the real big bad, but the map looks no different either. Went back to Baramos's throne and saw nothing. Alihan looks the same, as does my merchant town. Maybe I need to pick her back up from Patty's Place and have her rejoin my adventure? IDK, dig my present lineup, so holding out there. Currently about to cast Tick Tock to see if the king of Mendota has any advice for me if I raid him in his bedroom at night, lol.

    Anyway: Any leads that aren't total giveaways? I try not to do too much self-spoiling, but every now and again need a push in the right direction, Nintendo Power style (shouts out to my fellow oldschoolers), and everything I see on Baramos is more on how to beat him than it is about what to do after that. Any small clues for me?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/louisiranian
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest 11 2D vs 3D mode experience

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 05:56 AM PST

    As someone who just bought 11 on the Switch, I want to ask, was the experience the same for you on both modes, or did 1 mode feel better than the other 1?

    Also, I want to note, I find items easier in 2D mode than 3D mode, but some quests, like the 1 where you have to find a spitzfire and use Wild Ride, forever in 2D mode, so I decided to go back to 3D mode. Is that always going to be a case with quests?

    submitted by /u/UteFlyersCardJazz
    [link] [comments]

    ❤️ Fanart

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 12:24 PM PST

    Dragon Quest Fighting game?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    Do you think it will ever happen? i would love a Traditional Fighting game with DQ characters.

    submitted by /u/DimLight90
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] [DQMJ 1] Can you go to Celeste Isle before fighting the Orc?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 07:09 PM PST

    Wondering whether anyone has actually tried this.

    submitted by /u/Youkai_Of_T-POSE
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for starting the series (IOS store)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:29 PM PST

    I'm thinking of downloading one of the games from the App Store for my iPad. The App Store currently has DQI-DQVIII (edit: except VII). Was wondering if anyone had recs where to start:

    • I loved all of FFI- FFVI and the screenshots I saw gave me very similar vibes.

    • Looking to play the App Store version on my iPad so if any are notoriously glitchy, etc I'd want to avoid those.

    • Also curious for the typical length of these games for someone who plays leisurely but doesn't bother with the postgame.

    • I don't know yet if I'll play all of them but if there's a recommended order curious for that too. And in particular if there are any I should avoid playing out of release order (e.g., be sure to play III before IV or something like that).

    • Chrono Trigger is also on the IOS store (have never played it) — how do you think this compares to DQ games? From screenshots they seem similar in style though I'm sure there are large differences.

    From Google (and Smash) it seems V and VIII are the most popular of the above, but was curious for the reddit community's opinion.

    submitted by /u/fe_bigdata
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to wait for a sale but starting to crack!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:13 PM PST

    [DQ11] Running over monsters while mounted?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 04:20 PM PST

    I've read during the loading screens and online that you're supposed to be able to run over enemies while mounted. But every time I've run through an enemy it's either resulted in starting a fight, or the character model moving around it while running by. I can't even find any videos of people supposedly doing this online, or any other posts from people who are as confused as I am. What the hell am I missing?

    submitted by /u/Greyfeld
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest 1-3 Guides

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 12:24 PM PST

    I can't be the only one deeply aggravated by almost every guide for these games being for "Dragon Warrior" so all the names for everything are different from the latest releases. Sometimes I like having a guide I can consistently follow along with whenever I need a little help and having every name for every town and spell changed is really annoying.

    submitted by /u/cthulhubeast
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment