• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 20, 2020

    Dragon Quest Are these aesthetically pleasing or what

    Dragon Quest Are these aesthetically pleasing or what


    Are these aesthetically pleasing or what

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:54 AM PST

    Mainline collection almost complete!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 11:15 PM PST

    Feels really weird saying goodbye to this world and these characters. I did spend 145 hours with them...

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 08:03 PM PST

    Dragon Quest-inspired painting | 12”x16” canvas

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 11:05 AM PST

    Just saw the movie and guess who is a fan now :p

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:05 PM PST

    Should I reset Dragon Quest VI?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:23 AM PST

    So, in this game, there's an NPC named Amos who turns into a monster at night. The people in his village explicitly tell you not to tell him about this, but I did anyways because I figured that's what would progress the plotline. What I was actually supposed to do was get some seeds from on top of a mountain (I did this after I told him) and give them to him, and he'll join your party.

    Since I made the wrong choice in that questline, he disappears, and only after looking it up did I discover that he was a missable party member. I saved afterwards too, so I can't just load. Is it worth it to reset and play like a fourth of the game over again just to get Amos? Or should I just keep going and forget about it?

    submitted by /u/src202
    [link] [comments]

    Best Dragon Quest character

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:29 AM PST

    This can include any character across the DQ universe, main series, spinoffs, protagonists, allies, or even important characters that interact with the party. My personal favorite is Terry from DQ6,who is also the protagonist of DWmonsters.

    submitted by /u/Leonhart726
    [link] [comments]

    Is this meta?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 05:27 PM PST

    So this plush chain suppose to cost six dollars...

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Dragon quest 11 lvl 99 grind

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 07:34 AM PST

    When should I start doing this? I'm in act 3 where I'm going all over the world to prepare to fight calasmos, I've gotten access to the trials and everything, should I wait until after to do this or just do it before the fight, I know it's up to me but I don't want the fight to be too easy, I also have the stronger monsters draconian quest

    submitted by /u/Smoked_Salmonn
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest 3 Party

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 03:17 AM PST

    Hey guys I'm playing dragon quest 3 for the first time with a fighter, wizard and a cleric and was wondering if you guys could recommend what classes to switch them to later on and at what level? Also does the fighter ever get a weapon that is useful for him? I'm about level 9 at the moment.

    submitted by /u/AdmiralCallum8
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest: Your Story. Spoiler-free critic

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:54 AM PST

    So, I recently watched "Dragon Quest: Your Story" on Netflix, and here are my thoughts.

    First of all, the animation is beautiful! I watched it in French and the dub was clean as hell! But I feel like the characters should look older, at some point!

    I have some mixed feelings about the character development. It could have been so much better if this was a whole series and not a 2-hour movie. We really don't feel anything about them. The action is too quick. But seriously, how can you put a whole Dragon Quest plot into 2 hours only?

    I won't reveal it, but the end kinda justified a lot of things, like the title, the fact that it's not too long, etc... If it were a series, I would have been heart-broken! XD It's a kinda weird end, it was ambitious, might not please to everyone, but it took a great direction!

    It was a good movie, not specially great or anything, but it was a great time!

    I would give it a 65%.

    submitted by /u/Dragenby
    [link] [comments]

    Strategy for 8’s Ultimate Armour?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:58 AM PST

    Usually I 3x Sizzly and Kaquadra Bash most armour, but the extra 2 bars throw me off and I run out of focus. Anyone got any strategies for dealing with the extra 2 bars? I can deal bash and Flourish damage just fine, so I know I'm pretty prepared.

    submitted by /u/R3tr0Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Act 2 could have been easier if he didn't. (Dq11 meme)

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 12:36 PM PST

    Super luck in DQ V

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:14 PM PST

    First metal slime I beat in the adit wanted to be recruited that's all my luck for the rest of the game.

    submitted by /u/Cowabunga87
    [link] [comments]

    Improved the art a bit will update when I have improved further.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:36 PM PST

    [DQXI S] Draconian Challenge Thoughts - This is a different game!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:43 PM PST

    I recently finished a full run through on the base difficulty of DQXI S -- post game and all. I started a 2D run with all of the challenge options, except Strong Enemies. What a very different game! My previous run was fairly easy. I was always slightly overleveled, and helped myself to the best equipment. Therefore, I usually had solid skills and tanking ability. However, the challenge options take away many of your options and forces you to play on the game's terms. Here are what the options do:

    • No Armour - This is also obvious. However, even on the base enemy difficulty, enemies hit hard, especially without Serena to buff your defense. Hero and Erik go down quick. You also cannot equip shields. The benefit is that I don't have to spend materials or money on armor.
    • No Shopping - This seems obvious: you cannot buy stuff from the store. Yet, this also means that you cannot buy common materials for forging. You have to rely on chests and stealing to even upgrade your equipment. I'm at Hotto right now, and thus I cannot get the iron weapons for a minute because iron ore is hard to get reliably.
    • Shypox / Super Shypox - Having both of these on is interesting because you have to always consider that you might miss a turn. Therefore, you have to play a bit more conservatively than usual. Combined with the other challenges, you cannot leave any openings for too long, or else you might miss a crucial heal and die.
    • Hero Dies, All Die - This isn't too bad, although dying seems to kick you back to the title screen. Slightly annoying.
    • Less Easy Exp - You eventually stop getting experience for a given area, which puts a soft cap on your stats. Combined with No Armour and No Shopping, I seem to consistently feel under-leveled. To avoid getting steamrolled, you have to prioritize on crowd control and defensive options through your weapons. For example, I had to learn Flame Slash on both Hero and Erik in order to end fights fast enough since I cannot just tank and heal.
    • Folk Talk Tripe - Some funny dialog, but nothing important.

    It's nice to play on 2D mode, since maps are small and quick, but it's also a different challenge because of random encounters. Every wild area feels dangerous because you can get attacked and have your resources drained. But because of the smaller scale, things don't feel too overwhelming. That said, I've died so often in these two or so hours of play than my entire previous play-though.

    I look forward to seeing how the game changes as I get my full party and unlock more skills. I think I will end up having to approach the skill tree a bit differently than last time, balancing what I want later with what I need now.

    submitted by /u/jonospark
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment