• Breaking News

    Monday, March 30, 2020

    Dragon Quest Wasn't a huge fan of the photo mode until I learnt of the rewards and could do this

    Dragon Quest Wasn't a huge fan of the photo mode until I learnt of the rewards and could do this


    Wasn't a huge fan of the photo mode until I learnt of the rewards and could do this

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    oh God Yuto.. just make a DQ manga already

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Spotted in Denden Town, Osaka

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    45 hours 53 minutes later...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    My screenshot edit of Serenica with a green cape ^^

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    oh, i gotta fight Orochi twice, awesome.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Crafting question

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Trying to craft 3 star difficulty items with 114 focus, and it seems incredibly difficult or impossible. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/Chumpponis
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon quest 11

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Has anyone played dragon quest 11? Particularly on nintendo switch.

    I grew up playing ff and loved the golden sun games. Never played a dragon quest game before though. Currently playing the demo, so far seems interesting, but have a few concerns.

    Does the battle music ever change cuz so far very repetitive and annoying imo.

    Are the graphics suppose to be this blurry? Im coming from zelda botw and that was nice and sharp.

    Also how long to beat the story? Is it worth 60 bucks.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/HashBrwnz
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest XI Help

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I'm playing DQ XI for switch and was wondering what the best loadout for each character is? Currently, (This is in party order) I have Hero(LV 71) with Greatswords, Jade(LV 66) with spears, Serena(LV 61) with double wands, Sylvando(LV 69, nice) with double swords, Rab(LV 67) with heavy wands, Erik(LV 65) with double knives, Veronica(LV 63) with heavy wands, and eighth character(LV 67) with double axes. I'm currently in the disciple's trial right before the boss? What should I do to help make my team better? I'm also not to keen on using the Electro light and Halljuah method for grinding. Any and all help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Alessgreninja
    [link] [comments]

    (Dq11) Post-Game Drop Off?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Spoilers for the dq11 please don't read if you haven't gotten to the post game

    This is my first DQ, and I loved it, I'm fairly early in the post-game (big bad revealed) and I've suddenly hit a slump to finish the game. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same, and hopefully if someone could talk to me so I could come back and finish this game.

    It just seems like the emotional peak has happened... (the big time travel and losing everything, beating new big bad, when you come into the chapel to see Victoria praying) and now we're just retreading character development we've already seen, but it hits somewhat less the 2nd time and without the events of the act 2 hanging over our heads.

    Did anyone else experience this? If so, did you push through to finish the game and were happy about it in the end?

    Persona 5 Royal is one the horizon and I know if I don't finish this soon, I might never see the true ending.

    submitted by /u/bdellidae
    [link] [comments]

    [slight spoiler ][dq6] is there any good spots metal slimes appear frequently

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    I've been grinding them in the dream dew cave but that's about it any help is appreciated. I'm at the seeds of reasoning side quest if that helps.

    submitted by /u/raichu957
    [link] [comments]

    Some subtle but important difference between combat in 3D and 2D modes in DQXI

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    After getting further along in a 2D 8x Draconian playthrough, I thought I'd bring some of the following mechanical differences to people's attention. Most of these are out there for those who want to dive in, but I feel like enough of them will probably be new for most.

    At first, I thought 2D mode's combat was purely more difficult than 3D due to a few key differences (Zone/Pep states not lasting as long; being locked into moves at the start of a round), but in playing I've actually found that there are situations where either could be more beneficial than the other. They each allow some advantageous moves for the player that the other doesn't. In a normal playthrough, you're unlikely to ever feel these differences. However, by the time you have a few Draconian options stacked together, you'll probably note times when you wish you had the options of one mode or the other. Differences below:


    3D mode advantages

    • You can respond more situationally, as characters' moves are selected one by one when their movement in the round comes up. This has major implications. For example, in 2D mode, I might select Hustle Dance with Sylvando, hoping he'll heal off damage from everyone after a boss attacks the group that round. If, however, I get a bad roll on movement order, Sylvando may move before the boss, healing an already mostly full-health party and essentially wasting a turn and putting me in a bad spot. In 3D mode, I'd know when his turn came up that everyone was still at full health, and could put his move toward casting a buff or inflicting status instead.

    • Zone/Pepped states last a few turns longer.

    • You can input multiple Pep Powers in the same round. This also has major implications. In 2D, Pep Powers are limited to one per round, input at the start.

    • Can target individually against groups of enemies with single-target attacks, and select the first target for boomerangs and whips (which will receive greater damage). The ability to more specifically target down monsters is purely an advantage for 3D. On the other hand, it's mainly useful against standard overworld groups, which are rarely a major threat in 3D thanks to dodgeable encounters. The times standard encounters are most dangerous, you'll be in 2D, either via a full playthrough or the dungeons in Tickington.

    • Earth-based attacks (such as Erik's sigil spells and Pep Powers) hit all enemies, regardless of flying status. In 2D, they won't hit flying enemies, though they do have a small trade-off, covered below.


    That said, for the trade-off of not being able to respond as situationally, 2D mode does offer a few advantages with major implications.

    2D mode advantages

    • Characters can move the same turn they're switched into battle. This is major. Like everything else in 2D, this is input at the beginning of the round, and characters can move immediately afterward. In 3D, characters swapped in will forfeit their current move in the round. This allows you to do things you couldn't do in 3D, such as rotate characters in and out of the bench to receive on-the-bench healing from full-party healing moves while keeping up momentum. That's probably its biggest use, and it does a lot to make up for the lack of situational response in tough fights, but it also allows for things like swapping in a Pepped character and immediately activating a Pep Power to turn the tide of battle. On that note...

    • Pep Powers have turn-zero priority. This is unique from 3D. Although you can only use one per round, they're guaranteed to go off at the start of said round. This makes moves with high sleep-status infliction, such as Rab's lullaby or Erik's sleep-dagger combination with the hero, incredibly potent against a wide range of bosses far into the game, buying a turn or two of near-guaranteed setup. In 3D, you'd have to wait for those characters' turns to come around, which may result in the boss moving first. It also means that buff moves like Sylvando + hero or Serena + hero are guaranteed to go off before the boss moves or anyone else attacks. Having a turn-zero priority attack can also help finish off close fights where turn-order may put you at risk.

    • Passive damage effects such as Erik's sigils have the highest priority of anything, dealing their damage even before Pep Powers activate. In 3D, they trigger on each afflicted enemy only when that enemy is about to move. Most of the time, this won't make a difference, but the few times it does probably shake out in favor of 2D, as it could potentially result in eliminating targets at the start of a round and freeing party members up to target the remaining ones, reducing the potential for wasted attacks on enemies that were set to be taken out by the passive damage regardless.


    And that's it! There are also differences in the behavior of a handful of individual skills and spells, but I'm not equipped to fully comment on them. Hopefully someone finds this overview of the major mechanical trade-offs helpful though.

    submitted by /u/Cipher_-
    [link] [comments]

    Saving question (DQxi)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    First time playing dq so forgive me if this common knowledge. But when playing on switch if I close the game completely say to play another game is there anyway to start from an auto save ?? I was in the middle of a dungeon know I've warped all the way back to last town I was in :(

    submitted by /u/HawkeZone
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest two question (toward end of game)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    Are there any guides to the cave to Rhone that literally tell you how to go, as opposed to looking at maps with all sorts of letters and numbers? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/eroxx
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI: Fun-Sized Forge issue

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    So I'm trying to make some armor. I don't have all the ingredients but when I try to buy it (from the forge) it says "It looks like you can't afford that. The cost is 755 gold coins..." But I have 845 gold. So is this simply an issue that needs to be fixed with an update or am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/HallOfGlory1
    [link] [comments]

    [DQXI] Endgame roundup - couple questions

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 09:39 PM PDT

    Just 'bout ready to go show the Dark One what-for. Finished with the Labyrinth, crafted everything craftable, weathered the Wheel of Harma (and let me just tell you, that 5th trial is THE WORST THING EVER!), did all the quests... there's just a few more things I need to get done before I'm REALLY done. Well, a couple more things, and an absolute ton of old gear that needs to be reworked to +3 for those little gold stars, but I digress...

    Firstly, upon getting some of my characters to 99, I discovered to my chagrin that doing so does NOT net enough skill-points to buy every skill! Which means I should've been a lot more careful about how I spent my Skill Seeds. From the looks of things, both Rab and Jade will wind up with more skill-points than they can actually use, while several others come out 12 solid points short. Guess I'll have to farm up some skill-seeds... but what's the fastest, most efficient way to do so?

    Secondly, despite having routinely used every Pep Power as soon as I've been able to access each of them, I've apparently missed one somehow. I've got all of them unlocked now, anyway, but I still don't have the 'used every pep-power' accolade. Is there any way to tell which powers you've used and which you're missing? I've tried poking around in the various info-menus with no luck. Am I really going to be left with no choice but to go through the whole lot AGAIN, using a checklist this time? Because that is going to be one heck of a pain in the posterior...

    submitted by /u/BlakeTheDrake
    [link] [comments]

    Post Game Help (post game spoilers)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    This sucks. I just went back in time to get Veronica. I was level 70. I unlocked a million things for each character, and I put in a lot of effort hunting down metal slimes. My Party members character builder was almost unlocked. And I lost all of that in an instant! Is there any way I can get it back, or do I have to do everything all over again?

    submitted by /u/Shulkcina
    [link] [comments]

    It is done... There's just one more challenge awaiting me..

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Having fun 208 n 1 DS games

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Tricks to get Jackpot in Octagonia-DQ XI

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    Hey there. I'm so tired of having bad luck at the roulette table. I just really want a jackpot... ya know, for personal reasons. Does anyone know a special trick to increase my chances? I've already spent hours trying.

    submitted by /u/Pika-ChuChu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment