• Breaking News

    Friday, April 3, 2020

    Dragon Quest Printed this guy overnight. Happy with the result even though there are some issues with the model.

    Dragon Quest Printed this guy overnight. Happy with the result even though there are some issues with the model.


    Printed this guy overnight. Happy with the result even though there are some issues with the model.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    Dai fanart speed sketch by me.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Leona fanart simple sketch. i've made some changes to her original blonde to brunette

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Jessica by Gengoro-Akemori

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Just added a basement in seconds...

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Old picture but I made a DQ slime last year and he’s now my driving buddy

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Bought dq11 a few weeks ago and loved it, just finished all the achievements today. great game!

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    Playing dq11 to escape the plague but its spread to the game to

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    DQ IX Port for Switch please!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I know it's already rumored. But the more I think about it and the more I play XI S the more I realize how amazing this would be. The Switch has the portability and internet capability the DS has with just wayyy better graphics. With it being the only installment of the franchise that hasn't been ported to a new console, I feel it's inevitable at this point. I'm just waiting for that announcement and for me to come to terms with the fact that 300 hours of my life will be gone upon that games release.

    edit: XI S

    submitted by /u/Nightmare_ish
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI: I stopped at a certain point a year ago, should I restart the game or continue?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! I finally have enough time to play a few games and wanted to get back into DQXI. The last thing I did was defeat the Slayer of the Sands. I don't remember much from the story or the mechanics, other than the basics.

    Would it be a good idea to restart or is there a video/summary that can catch me up again to where I left off?

    I am afraid that by completely restarting, I will fall off again. I appreciate any advice!

    submitted by /u/Obese_Pug
    [link] [comments]

    Enjoy!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    A Star Wars crossover doodle I did some time ago

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    It’s official, I’m a dragon quest fan!

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    A question from a new fan

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    Hey! I picked up Dragon Quest 11 from switch about a week ago and I'm loving it.

    I've been thinking about getting the first three for my switch and wondering if those are good ports. I've seen that they are ported from mobile and was wonder if they are worth getting or just finding an alternate way to play.

    Thanks for advice!

    submitted by /u/NotJosh2000
    [link] [comments]

    Is it time to give Dragon Quest IX another chance?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    First and foremost this is my first post on the this Subreddit so... Hi Everyone ^_^ I'll also be the first to admit I'm probably only what you'd call a casual Dragon Quest fan I've only really played II, V & VIII and IX all of which got at least a tear out of me at points, albeit in 2's case it sure as hell wasn't for the emotional story-telling. But the question I want to pose to you guys today is,

    Dragon Quest IX - Sentinels of the Starry Sky, does this game deserve a remake?

    I'll be honest I've got a huge bias for this game. I got for 5 quid when it came out and it immediately hooked me with the most customisation I've seen in near any RPG but still retaining some excellent world building and maintaining an honest to goodness challenge while playing through the game. Dragon Quest IX for me felt like a game that really wanted you to get invested and a completionists worst nightmare due to the insane amount of things you can unlock but I should stress I myself don't have an issue with completionist gameplay and in an age where games are getting easier and easier and ransoming their full content as DLC I miss games like this.

    I understand the biggest complaint about the game is a lack of character development, the party members feeling like cardboard cutouts with no impact on the story or with other characters and honestly I don't disagree with that so much so I don't even bother using other party members in game which honest to god has such a massive impact on the main story. It made my character feel like jesus just this one dude wandering about the Protecrate helping people, if you've ever played Majora's Mask or Fallout you know the kind of treatment I'm talking about. And while the character development maybe lacking I feel the world building is amazing in this game and it genuinely felt like I was playing through an anime TV series with filler arcs hunting down these fyggs but I really enjoyed it because the characters were memorable and their stories were heartwrenching especially in Coffinwell that made me genuinely sad.

    However I do think DQ9's biggest sin is it's reliance on the RNG machine to pad out gameplay for real the grind specifically for solo play is absolutely fucking tedious even more so if you want to change ranks and that's why I think DQ9 is deserving of a remake. I look at the issues this game has and there's not a single one of them I can't cannot be fixed with proper feedback and I'd love to see this game again, it undersold in the US and UK whereas in Japan it was a MASSIVE success like MH: Freedom Unite and I think with the right audience DQ9 could really win a lot of people over.

    However I clearly have a bias for this game, what do you guys think? If DQ9 were remastered or remade for Switch, would it be welcome? Like legit I never got the chance to download the DLC maps and dungeons so that makes me sad.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Adam_The_Actor
    [link] [comments]

    I need to get ideas for what challenges to do on my new DQ 9 run

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    I've played this game so many times i know it back to front. What im wondering is, if you've played this game, do you have any ideas for challenges i could do to myself to make it feel fresh. Im already planning to not use any weapons apart from those bought in stores, same with armour. But i need some more ideas.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/KyleGray04
    [link] [comments]

    I’m happy switch got such an amazing version of DQXI but the pc and ps4 versions should get upgraded

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I get it. The version came out later and you needed a reason for people to have waited that long. Done.

    But there's no reason at this point not to upgrade the other versions now. It almost feels like a rip off

    submitted by /u/CzarTyr
    [link] [comments]

    DQ11 Fun Size Forge Question

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    I have DQ11 on the switch, and I noticed I can purchase items I don't have directly in the forge menu itself. Are those items priced more expensively than other shops in the world? I recently zoomed to a shop that sold blue eye and I noticed it cost the same as in the forge, so I wondered if all items are like this to save me some time.

    submitted by /u/vaper
    [link] [comments]

    Now what?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    I just beat Dragon Quest 3 on Switch. I picked it because a lot of people have said it was their favorite, and it was a cheap way to start a series I'd never played before.

    I know the ending teased that it leads into DQ 1 and 2, but I don't hear those looked at as fondly. Should I go back and do those, or jump to XI? I also have a 3DS, so any game on there is an option too. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Kazman2007
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Going into Arc 3, Lots of problems thematically

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so I got to the point where you can shatter the orb of time and go back to the past. The game warned me a ridiculous amount of times this was permanent so I checked online just in case and I honestly have just lost all steam for continuing the game. Im not new to time travelling as a mechanic, Ive played the zero escape series to completion but im having a really hard time choosing to delete what is essentially 20 hours of character building and development for an alternate timeline which will have zero effect on the true timeline (Arc 2). Perhaps if I could always go back to Arc 2, I'd be ok with it, but unless im mistaken; Erik, Sylvando and arguably more importantly Serena and Hendriks development just gets completely wiped. What on earth is the point of that?

    I was really not a fan of the Hero in DQ 11 being an extremely passive and weak character in cutscenes, so it really befuddles me and completely breaks my idea of the character that he would abandon his timeline FOREVER to create a new one where the world isnt destroyed?

    Am I missing something or is this the gist of it? Seems like an incredibly stupid way of finishing the story if thats the case. Yes you "save" half the world in the process (if we do actually stop the fall this time) but thats no longer your world right? You abandoned that one forever by going back in time.

    submitted by /u/Bottlecap_Prophet
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment