• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 7, 2020

    Dragon Quest Never played a Dragon Quest game before, so I figured this would be as good of a place as any to start the series. Wish me luck!

    Dragon Quest Never played a Dragon Quest game before, so I figured this would be as good of a place as any to start the series. Wish me luck!


    Never played a Dragon Quest game before, so I figured this would be as good of a place as any to start the series. Wish me luck!

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    (DQH2) Post Traumatic Chest Disorder

    Posted: 07 May 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    My Dragon Quest XI collection! Without a doubt one of my favourite games.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Guy1: PS4 version has good graphics. Guy2: Switch has more content. Me: why not both?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Size isn’t everything, king.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    It finally arrived. I can finally start playing DRAGON QUEST VIII tonight.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest VII, I realized something about the roamers segment... and it got me wondering ��

    Posted: 07 May 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    I had recently realized, while playing VII for the second time through.

    The villain and his minions cursing each land, and causing the lands to be sealed away in the present day... what "horrible infliction" happened to the roamers? There was no monster invasion to capture/enslave them, no curse to lift, not even any bosses to fight. You just travel with the roamers to a shrine to revive God, fail... and move on even then failing to revive God wasn't even on the villain's part, it was just that a NPC got impatient and did the reviving ceremony prematurely

    This land seems completely untouched by the villain's forces yet was sealed away in present day like all the others and it confuses me as to what I did to "save" that land, but also what I saved it from.

    submitted by /u/Otterclaw29
    [link] [comments]

    My Birthday present to myself. Now I only need a copy of VI (easy, right?) to have every single mainline entry playable on either my Switch or 3DS.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    A few posts back I posted a meme about losing my 3ds and entire collection of DS and 3DS games including every single one of my DQ games. Luckily I found a used 3ds online and of course this is the first game I buy

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Cant have shit in Pickham

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    DQ XI Important Items!

    Posted: 07 May 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    Hello there!

    Im trying to 100% DQXI, but i'm missing one important item. If you order the list by type, its on the first page, left bottom. Does anyone know what it is? I can't figure it out, and haven't seen any list on the internet!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/theJoTaP
    [link] [comments]

    Some help with beating Calasmos in DQ11S?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    So I have never played a dragon quest game before and have always wanted to cause i love JRPGs. I have a switch and decided to get DQ11s as my first DQ game. It's really fun. I enjoy it.

    Right now I'm on the third act about to fight calasmos. I got bodied so easily. I defeated the hatred enemy at Drustan's trial though. My party are all mid 50s. I read that you should be at least level 70 so am I just screwed and have to spend hours grinding?

    I heard that metal enemies can give lots of exp, but I barely find them. I would also need a lot of good luck to find a lot to reach level 70 and for them to not just run away. I assume grinding is my only option. I love JRPGs, but grinding has got to be one of the most boring and tedious part about this genre. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/GD_Studio
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest XI ACT 2 near end (Spoilers) have some questions

    Posted: 07 May 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    So I just got the sword of light, I didn't complete much for side quests in act 2, 28 of 47. Will I be able to complete them in act 3? Are there any bonuses for completing them before fighting mordregan? Also what's the best area to earn the most exp at this stage in the game? Avoid spoilers please if possible. Playing on PS4 PRO not switch fyi.

    submitted by /u/Punisher_MAX
    [link] [comments]

    Who or what are some of the recurring characters?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    First time DQ player here having fun in DQ 11. I'm a dedicated FF player, as I'm sure many here are. In FF, there are several recurring characters/beasts, like Cid, chocobos and cactuar to name a few. Who are the returning characters in the DQ games?

    submitted by /u/Steve_the_sequel
    [link] [comments]

    I wish they gave this costume a bit early on in the game

    Posted: 07 May 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    Dragon quest XI Post game content?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Probably gonna pick this up as I've heard good things about it. Just wondering how much post game content there is?

    submitted by /u/GreenAppleChain
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through the entire series?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest XI is my first game in the series and I am absolutely smitten.

    Since we're all locked up with nothing to do, I figured I'd play my way through the other main series games (DQX not withstanding). Between my Switch, 3DS, PS2, access shouldn't be a problem. Additionally, I have the ability to emulate everything up through IX should the pricing become unreasonable.

    I guess my question is - should I bother? I'll be going in blind without rose-colored glasses or nostalgia. Will the older games pale in comparison to the HD sheen of XI? Hell, roughly the first half of the series is older than I am. Do those games still hold up today? Should I skip the 8/16 bit eras and start with 7?

    submitted by /u/AvatarofBro
    [link] [comments]

    just picked up my first DQ game due to the steam golden week sale!

    Posted: 06 May 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    How to play DQX through the Trial Version

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    I made a guide awhile back on how to register and play the Trial version of DQX. That guide has since become outdated, so I wanted to make a new one for people that want to play this game despite the language barrier.

    Some Things To Note:

    You technically don't need a SE account, as there is an option to play the game without one. It will create a save file on in your documents folder, but if you lose that then that account is gone forever. You will still, however, need to make an SE account if you want to buy the game. You'll be able to link that save file to an account if you make one.

    The game is fully in Japanese (Duh) so finding English guides for this game is like finding a needle in a needle stack. I recommend using this site and using Chrome's Auto Translate. It's not perfect but it sure is worth it.

    Dragon's Den has a forum for DQX so if you need help for the game make sure to go there.

    There is no IP block for North America or China, however there is still one for places like the UK. You will still need to use a VPN connected to Japan/USA/China to play this game if you live outside of those 3 countries.

    With that out of the way, here is a step by step guide to getting the trial version of DQX and setting up a JP SE account.

    • Step 1: Download the Trial Version

    The trial version downloads the base game along with the first expansion (Ver. 2). You'll want to get it from here. This is the installer straight from the DQX website.

    • Optional Step: Set up JP SE account

    See above on why this is optional. You'll want to go here to either active the free trial if you already have a JP SE account (Top option) or to set up an account (Bottom Option). First bar is SE ID, Second and Third is Password, and Fourth is E-Mail. If you have an ENG SE account, you can't use it. You HAVE to make a JP SE account

    • Step 2: Install the game

    The game files add up to about 13GB so make sure you have enough space.

    • Step 3: LISTEN TO THE PIZZICATO FOR 4 HOURS!!!

    The game takes a long time to download from personal experience. So during that time, you get to listen to this wonderful music for 4 hours. There is a mute button.

    • Step 4: Playing the game

    There are 2 options to go from here. You can select the top option, which is to sign in with your SE account, or the bottom option, which is to play without one. Again, see above for details about that non SE account option. You could also click on this button to register your character on your computer so you don't have to type in your SE ID, just your password.

    And there you go! With all that done you should be able to play DQX! Once again, you need a VPN to play if you live outside of Japan/USA/China, otherwise you get an error message and the game then closes. There are some guides on buying the game and the monthly sub (Yes, this is a sub based MMO) and I do plan on making one myself when I get around to buying it. But for now, enjoy DQX up to the end of Ver 2.

    submitted by /u/zance21
    [link] [comments]

    Should i play Dragon Quest 11 definitive edition as my first dragon quest game and first rpg and turn based game in general.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    Ive tried playing games like pokemon for like 5 minutes and thought it was super boring. This game looks fun and just wondering if i should get it as my first in the entry.

    submitted by /u/Gourd_Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for similar games!

    Posted: 06 May 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Hello to the beautiful Reddit community, I am brand new here and this is my first post ever. I'm fairly new to the JRPG genre but from what I have played so far... I can tell I've been missing out on an absolutely amazing world of gaming. I only played mainstream games growing up like Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. I had a friend who encouraged me to branch out and boy I'm glad I did. Recently I've played Fire Emblem: 3 houses, tales of vesperia, yakuza 0, nioh, xenoblade 2 and loved every single one of them. Now I'm playing one of my new favorite games of all time Dragon Quest XI

    Dragon Quest XI is a game I glanced at and thought it didn't look that special. I then played the beginning of the demo since it was free and just couldn't get into it because it seemed too childish, and I'm really not a fan of the character models. I ended up stumbling upon a video of the gameplay later on IGN and thought it looked awesome. Figured I'd give it one more chance. I am so glad I did. It kinda feels like what Pokémon sword and shield should have been more like. This game is already one of my favorite games all time though and I'm only 40 hours in. Everything about it is basically perfect in my eyes besides the character design(wish it was a little more serious). The music, the graphics themselves, the combat, the perk system, the content, the traveling, 2d mode and all the different customizable options make this game soo good without overwhelming you with stuff like some games tend to. This game is a special kind of SPECIAL. I could rant for days about how much I love this games and that I wish it was better known in the U.S. For me it will go down as a titan in gaming history. 9.9/10

    I know sooner rather than later I'm going to finish this wonderful game and be left wanting more. I was wondering if those more informed on the genre can give me some other beautiful Jrpgs or maybe just lesser known RPGS in general to satiate my hunger for these beautiful and delicately crafted masterpieces. Thank you all and hope you are all staying safe in these crazy times!

    submitted by /u/iLuVGam3s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment