• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 18, 2020

    Dragon Quest Everyone: Dragon Quest is so boring. What’s so special about it? Me:

    Dragon Quest Everyone: Dragon Quest is so boring. What’s so special about it? Me:


    Everyone: Dragon Quest is so boring. What’s so special about it? Me:

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    So who are you

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    [DQ8] *laughs in executioner*

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Made a fanart-wallpaper from one of the best moment in DQ11

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Redrew this drawing from last year!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Someone's feeling a little jealous..

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Just more photos of Martina/Jade and Hero I wanted to share.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    Which dragon quest should i get for my 3ds?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I have never played a dragon quest game and want to get into the series, I wanna play dragon quest 11 but I don't have a ps4 or switch, I do have a 3ds and dragon quest 7 and 8 are available on that system, which one should I get.

    I dont have much preference on JRPGs since the only JRPGs ive ever played are the pokemon series.

    submitted by /u/greywolf_18
    [link] [comments]

    Share your Dragon Quest wallpaper

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    I want a Dragon Quest wallpaper to my phone, can you guys help me?

    submitted by /u/MiraiKami
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any chance of a fan translating the 3ds version of DQXI or has the ship sailed?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    So who are you

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    [DQXI] I've been making an attempt at grinding to beat the black dragon with Stronger Monsters. Here's some of my notes.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    After 15 hours, I achieved level 20 and made a run at the black dragon to get an idea of its hit values and how much more grinding I'm going to need to do to be able to beat it.

    Yes, I've been doing my best to grind up "legit" without switching back to 2D mode on a save later in the game for "new game +". I've clearly gone mad.

    With all of the best gear available from Heliodor and the Heliodor region, it's going to take a lot more grinding than a mere level 20. A lot more.

    Notes:

    The black dragon's stats are not the same as the black dragons seen later in the game. Its attack power is notably lower, at around ~140 or ~150 instead of 262. It's also got an absolutely atrocious agility stat, meaning that you have a very good chance at going first every turn.

    The black dragon has 4 moves.

    • Double-bite. Hits for approximately 95-105(ish) at level 20, twice.
    • Tail swing. Automatic critical hit for approximately 140-155(Needs more testing to get the range).
    • Roar. Stuns. Basically wastes a turn for both you and the dragon.
    • Assesses the situation and does nothing. This appears to occur somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 of the time in this particular battle.
    • I did not see its normal attack or fire breath - these may have been replaced by the waste-a-turn to make "assesses the situation" extremely common.

    Erik has infinite HP as a guest member and it'll probably be fantastic when he takes a double-bite hit for you, but he can't do more than chip damage.

    Damage calculations for physical attacks in DQ11 work like so: (Attack/2 - Defense/4)*Range + [0,1]. Where the range for normal attacks is 95% to 105%. So, if an enemy's defense is 2x your attack, you can only do chip damage unless you crit. Critical hits always ignore defense and hit for your full attack power.

    At level 20, with 81 attack, I can't pierce the dragon's defense. Even if it was the normal dragon, I would need an attack value of 83(due to its defense of 165) for basic attacks to pierce its defense and start doing real damage instead of chip. This means that Dragon Slash does 0 or 2 damage + 10, because dragon slash does basic attack (damage*2) + 10.

    I haven't been able to find out the stat modifications that stronger monsters applies with a casual google search, but I'll probably make a note of the point at which I finally pierce the black dragon's defenses.

    Due to the way spell damage functions(It can't be reduced by defense, only by natural resistance, which is usually a % modifier), Zap is likely to be much more efficient than physical attacks(At 0 Mag. Might, it does ~36 base damage. At the mag. might cap for the spell, ~136).

    The fight will likely be very RNG until the Luminary's HP exceeds 200(Around level 26 or 27), due to the double-bite attack being an RNG OHKO before then. I'll test the damage output of Zap when I have the spare skill points(at level 21), and then test at around level 26-28 to see if Dragon Slash sufficiently pierces its defenses, or if Zap is the way to go, because MP is likely not going to be a real issue due to having an inventory full of (20) Single Phials. If I have to level up a lot more, Gigaslash may in fact be the highest DPS.

    The black dragon will likely be an easy fight if I go all the way to 30, because Moreheal is more than powerful enough to keep up with the black dragon's hardest hits, and it's very likely that I'll be able to pierce its defenses by then, either with Zap or normal attacks and dragon slash. Fully healing for 12MP and one turn is a lot better than healing for ~80 for 6MP.

    EXP to level up increases by somewhere around 300-400ish per level past level 11 or so. 18-19 and 19-20 took approximately an hour a piece to level up on the most efficient monster. The most efficient monster, incidentally, is lamplings, who become one-shot-kills around level 12 with a copper sword, and give 10exp each with the Elevating Vest. Rest at the campsite to night time, head east, and fight lamplings heading north(using the horse to go faster between battles to extend night time). At the north end of the road, go in circles to kill lamplings and platypunks(9exp w/ vest), because heading up and down the road is less efficient than around the plateau due to higher respawn rates. When daytime comes around, ride back to the campsite and sleep to nightfall again. Around level 16, enemies can only do 1 damage to you, except for the lamplings frizz spell(7-10) and the hammerhood's desperate attack(16-18).

    Grinding to a sufficient level to fight the black dragon also means that I managed to get a full 8 bunny tails from bunicorns, with 763 kills before moving on to lamplings. I also got like 40 leather hoods, and 99 single phials and lamplights, so far. Also, several fine furs from platypunks, etc. etc.

    I'm going to continue to spend an hour or two each day leveling up to find out what's necessary to finally beat the black dragon legitimately, the first time you meet it. Wish me luck.

    tl;dr: Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards is inverted in Dragon Quest, when you actually want to hunt a dragon.

    submitted by /u/Pakars
    [link] [comments]

    Draconian or Regular for JRPG Newcomer

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm really new to JRPG's, my only real experience with the genre is a bit of FF4 as a kid, and as of recent Persona 5, Persona 4 Golden, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #Fe (I know I'm Atlus trash). However, I recently tried the DQ11S Demo on Switch after not getting hooked the first time and now I'm absolutely in love and seriously considering adding to my backlog and grabbing DQ11S. However, I do enjoy challenging games and really want to think but I also don't enjoy medium-heavy grinding. Light grinding and challenge is amazing to me, but a lot of repetitive grinding I find really annoying and unfun. My question to the community is: When I grab DQ11S, should I continue playing with the standard game and where I'm up to (I finished Hotto/ Cryptic Dungeon with all Level 12 characters and never died but did begin to feel some challenge toward the end) or start a new save file with Draconian Quest on, specifically Super Strong Monsters and possible no vendors? I want a challenge but I'm relatively still new to JRPG's and I'd rather have fun over grinding for hours on end. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/TheMadManTF2
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest 8 on ios...

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    I had it for ps2, but that system is long gone. I don't have a 3ds. Would you recommend the game on iOS? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger. Thanks

    submitted by /u/MagoModerno
    [link] [comments]

    DQ1,2,3 for Switch, where to buy for the correct price?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can buy DQ1,2,3 for Nintendo Switch at the same price that I could buy the digital copies on the eShop?

    On the eShop I can get them for like ~$6, ~8, and ~$13, which is roughly $40. However if I check EBgames or Amazon, they want to charge $80 for the physical copy. =/

    submitted by /u/razamis
    [link] [comments]

    How text/story heavy is DQ11?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    I'm interested in picking up DQ11 on Switch, but I tend to be put off by games that have more story/cutscenes than actual gameplay. I love RPG mechanics, but prefer the story to be relatively light and unobtrusive. Would this be a good game for me?

    submitted by /u/Nintoo
    [link] [comments]

    Order to play DQ?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    I caught the dragon quest bug after finishing 11 S in 120 hours (completed everything except going around hunting every treasure chest in Erdrea). I believe 1 2 and 3 are connected so am I supposed to play then in a weird order for story reasons as I googled the proper name of DQ 1 Character who's apparently a descendant of erdrick but erdrick is in a later game right? So should I play the erdrick game first or go through 1-10

    submitted by /u/BrendonBootyUrie
    [link] [comments]

    Why tf can you flee on individual character turns in DQVII

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    I was just in a fucking boss fight but then I accidentally pressed flee, subsequently lost a turn and the bosses wiped out the Hero and Ruff. Fucking hell im going to strangle whoever put the flee option there. I've accidentally fled from so many battles it's not even funny. Like, at least let me confirm it or something, god fucking damnit. I just had to vent somewhere sorry.

    submitted by /u/Mistakkkesss
    [link] [comments]

    i made a revised version of my coup de grâces tier list for dqix bases on the replys to my original

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    Spoilers inside why did they..

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Why did they end the game half way through? I feel like the post game is crucial to the story and making the game complete.

    I killed morg at 56 hours, then the game got amazing it was wayyy harder every boss took strategy and then I didn't kill calasmos until 120 hours!

    I feel like they do themselves a disservice calling it post game because many people like me stop playing a game when the game ends.

    And I hate this game because of how amazing it was, it's the best rpg I've ever played by far I'd rate it a 9.9/10 the only reason it doesn't get a 10/10 for me is because the first half is just way too easy.

    submitted by /u/DirtyDuzIt
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I a full and good quality cover of dragon quest 1?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    i made a tier list for the coup de grâces in dqix

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment