• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    Dragon Quest Dou you help the well King slime? Y/N

    Dragon Quest Dou you help the well King slime? Y/N


    Dou you help the well King slime? Y/N

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:59 AM PST

    Unending nightmare

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    I drew builder boi :D (ig @ikaridraws)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:32 AM PST

    I never knew you could do this oddly cute

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 10:50 AM PST

    Anyone want to talk Dragon Warrior Monsters? I just fell in love with the game again, and wanted to get advice about my team!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:51 AM PST

    Hello to anyone who is somehow still around to talk about this wonderful GameBoy Color classic that didn't get nearly the attention it deserved in the west. (I would kill for an english translation of the PS1 release)

    I've started my first playthrough of this game in probably close to a decade. From what little I can remember of my past time with the game I would always breed a grizzly/unicorn right away and grab a phoenix and blizzardy which I would usually make into a rainhawk that then never levelled up enough to actually be worth it. I'm sure unicorn is still a strong breed but this time I deliberately avoided it just to try and keep things a little more interesting. I'm currently just after the event where you deal with the gate of anger and the great tree grows further and I've been farming more than I probably should for this early in the game because I'm not above save scumming to get good special floors and foreign master encounters. So I think I've got a pretty good team going so far, and would love to get some advice for where to take them going forward. Also, I'm curious which skills are worth keeping around other than the obvious healing, attack buffs, and high end stuff like gigaslash. Like are things like sleep and stopspell still going to work late-game? Do Increase and defence stay relevant? Can robmagic make a boss MP out or is it only good for recovering MP?

    I guess I'm more interested in just getting cool monsters than necessarily optimizing the crap out of them though, since I don't think I plan to stick around too long after beating the starry night tournament.

    As far as interesting things I still have in my farm for future breeding, I've got a FaceTree, MadCat, ArcDemon, LavaMan, Phoenix, Coatol, and GoldGolem. None of them have been trained up or breed more than one step. And then finally I have my current monster team below....

    Lionex +3

    Son of Orc and Lizardman

    Current skills: Infermore, BlazeAir, IceAir, HealMore, Defence, RobMagic, StopSpell, MapMagic

    Skills it will learn: HealUs, Revive, TwinHits, GigaSlash

    Lionex is my most recent breed from an orc and a lizardman. It took forever to get the orc levelled up enough to learn twinhits so I could ensure all the skills I wanted were passed on. I'm a bit apprehensive on whether or not I should keep him around long enough to actually learn GigaSlash, as I would probably have to do some rebreeding and/or grind him all the way to his level cap to even get his stats high enough. I have no idea what to do with breeding him into something else, I guess I could use him to make another Andreal and then eventually an Orochi, WhiteKing, or DracoLord.

    MetalDrak +5

    Daughter of Andreal and SlimeBorg

    Current skills: BlazeAir, Lightning, RainSlash, Boom, HealAll, Increase, SleepAll, TakeMagic

    Skills it will learn: nothing useful I can remember

    I got lucky with SlimeBorg and ArcDemon captures off of foreign masters and used them to make this bad boy. Unfortunately his skill selection leaves something to be desired and his int sucks for doing damage with magic but I suppose RainSlash, HealAll, and Increase are still great to have. I think for breeding I want to build up a KingSlime if my sanity can handle that much slime farming and use him to make a MetalKing.

    WhipBird +3

    Daughter of Golem and Blizzardy

    Current skills: BlazeAir, IceAir, HealAll, Defence, SleepAir, StrongD, Ironize, PsycheUp

    Skills it will learn: TatsuCall

    This one's probably my favorite right now, she's just so incredibly tanky even compared to the MetalDrak, and her int is the highest of all my monsters for solid breath attacks. As far as future breeding plans go, I think a WhiteKing or maybe just a ZapBird would be the next step.

    submitted by /u/Necromas
    [link] [comments]

    Random Encounters are probably gone forever, but I miss them

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:36 AM PST

    I realize this is a very unpopular opinion, but I just wanted to have my say. Dragon Quest 8 is my favorite game of all time. I found it to be the most adventurous game of all time. A big part of that adventure was resource management. From the very first journey outside of a town, I realized I had to properly prepare for the journey ahead, because random encounters would destroy me. Like most JRPGs, most individual encounters were not much of a threat, but unlike other JRPGs, it was very difficult to flee, so each encounter would wear you down. So unlike other JRPGs, random encounters actually served a purpose and added to the adventure.

    I recently decided to try the 3DS port of DQ8 on an emulator. The first journey to the waterfall cave was, quite frankly, a joke. I avoided all the enemies on the way there and fought the boss directly. There is no need for resource management anymore on your travels. The entire DQ11 game was the same. Obviously you still need to fight normal enemies to level up, but that just makes the only point of those enemies to be for grinding, rather than to make your journey challenging. The latter is much more satisfying from a gameplay design perspective.

    I realize they are probably never going to come back. But I miss the feeling of adventure. You just dont get it when you have the option to run past every enemy and directly go to your destination without any threat.

    They could fix it without random encounters. Soulsborne games for instance make the enemies very aggressive, and the spaces very tight, so if you dont know where to go, you have to fight often and manage your resources. But without that, Ireally dont like no random encounters

    submitted by /u/braiman02
    [link] [comments]

    DQ3 Baramos Battle Rock/Metal Remix

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:42 AM PST

    Final thoughts on IV DS

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:39 AM PST

    So finally beat IV on DS. Overall, really enjoyed it and I will play it again for sure if they re-release it on Switch.

    So the strengths of IV for me: The pacing of the chapters was enjoyable. The final boss fight had awesome animation. I will always love the music of the series. Enjoyed the character and monster design. Chapter 3 was a super refreshing idea. I would play a game designed around Torneko's story OR a game with shop mechanics.

    A few things I would like changed: It seemed like one team was the optimal team during all of Chapter 5. I never changed the team. Would like reasons to use more characters (story related). More interaction with the characters. They were all interesting and I wish I got more text from them.

    Overall 8/10.

    submitted by /u/mr_nonsense50
    [link] [comments]

    Golden Claw question.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:35 AM PST

    Hello. I have a question about the Golden Claw.

    I'm aware that if I take it from the Pyramid, the spirits will not take kindly to that and the encounter rate will skyrocket.

    Does that curse persist after I've left the Pyramid?

    submitted by /u/AurulentAvenger
    [link] [comments]

    The zenithia trilogy should come the Nintendo switch like the Erdrick trilogy

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Whats a good level for the boss

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:51 AM PST

    Act 3 malicious ice thing, has 2 big fists, found in hekswood

    Beat it

    submitted by /u/ReeceDeacon
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get monster hearts for the monster classes? (3ds)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:06 AM PST

    I randomly got a healslime heart and idk why. I want to master a lot of monster classes. Also I heard monster classes let you retain the skills you lose by switching vocations forever. Is there a monster class for each vocation?

    submitted by /u/not_me_agaib
    [link] [comments]

    What system did sq cut off from dq3 mobile

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:36 AM PST

    I though they cut some system out from dragon quest 3 mobile version. But what system?? And why??? Thx u

    submitted by /u/nickkun_3581
    [link] [comments]

    Who did you choose?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 05:44 PM PST

    Who did you choose to live with at the end of the game? I'm having a real tough time deciding between Gemma, Jade, and Rab.

    submitted by /u/Peanutpapa
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Tact Initial Thoughts

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:23 PM PST

    Having played over 5+ hours, here's my initial thoughts and some tips.

    •Gameplay is pretty fun, especially challenging when your CP matches with the missions minimum CP requirement

    •If you like FFtactics and fire emblem, SRPG's, monster collecting games, you're gonna like this one

    •Neat feature of auto battle and increased battle speed, useful for grinding while doing other things, but not usefull on tough missions. Passport isn't needed imo

    •Annoying to aim AOE attacks, as it is tied to your movement. I sometimes expect it to be like FFT where I can just aim AOE spells in a blank square and hit all targets but no, it depends on your target

    •You can hit a wall when even your S rank monsters can't beat a mission.

    •Grind, rank up, improve equipment, equip ranged spells on monster who only do melee, exploit and vary your elements

    •Monster placement & timing when to attack is vital. It's an SRpg after all

    •Story is pretty cute, but uninteresting

    •Getting all S rank monsters does not guarantee a win, so it's not so much of a pay to win. But it helps, Idk. We'll see when multiplayer comes along

    •Graphics are pretty neat and pretty, environments are better than DQ quest of the stars. Style is faithful to the source

    •UI needs some work, & and be quite slow. Does it really need to separate learning abilities to upgrading?

    •Gatcha system is as expected. Good thing there are draw rates indicated. If you see "rerolls", do it so until you get atleast 1 S tier and 1-2 A tier, maybe some healers

    •Game really pushes you to buy gems, some gatcha pulls require you to use paid gems, not free gems gained thru playing

    •Every mission grants you gems, so thats a nice touch, unlike DQ QoS

    •I recommend getting atleast 1 monster who can heal and buff, one physical monster and one magical with different elements

    Overall, it's a fun, casual mobile game. Good distraction once in a while. You don't need to spend a dime here. Definitely better than DQ QoS, just missing a multiplayer. I just wish it's a full fledged console/pc game like FFtactics where you can have both human and monster allies. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/aymanpalaman
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken 2020 - Son of The Dragon AMV

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:51 PM PST

    How long is act 3 in DQ11?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:19 PM PST

    Where Does Square Enix Go Next After Dragon Quest Tact?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:20 PM PST

    I really don't know, personally. Localizing Tact was the next obvious step up after DQ of the Stars, but now its kind of unpredictable. Do they perhaps try localizing DQ Walk eventually? Or maybe DQM 1 and 2 SP? Or, something entirely new on phones? Let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/KnightShade078
    [link] [comments]

    Which Dragon Quest game would you like to see finally come to the US?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:34 PM PST

    I would most like to see Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 or 2 Professional. After hearing the news of a potential new Monsters game coming it got me going back to play the other ones I had, which made me realize how much we were missing out on with 2P and 3 not being global.

    submitted by /u/chivdotpng
    [link] [comments]

    Hello there fellow dragon quest fans I am very happy to announce that I have brought the first dragon quest game on the switch so far I'm liking it, I would've buyed 3 but I didn't have enough points.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:23 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment