• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 19, 2021

    Dragon Quest Too real

    Dragon Quest Too real


    Too real

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 06:37 AM PST

    Has anyone tried seeing whats inside the chests behind the vault in Dragon Quest 1?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 04:34 AM PST

    Via cheats, etc, has anyone tried seeing whats inside the chests behind the vault in Dragon Quest 1? It always interested me. I know it's there to tell you your items and money are "in" there but it obviously isn't..or maybe it is. What's in there?

    submitted by /u/Deltafuse_Cy
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dragon Quest II!!! My least favorite out of the original three tbh but it isn't bad!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 03:24 PM PST

    The storytelling in this game is just lovely. (Early spoilers)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 07:00 PM PST

    Sorry, not sure how to mark spoilers on mobile.

    I've just revisited Cobblestone, and that whole bit of story there honestly choked me up something wicked. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I thought it was so well done and effective even though you only get the short intro to really become familiar with the town and its people. I just really got into it and felt it how the Hero would, and getting to really speak to Chalky and share that moment was so nice. Then watching the illusion fade away and be left staring at the rubble...

    Just bang on the whole thing! I'm 34 and I've played a load of JRPGs in my life, but this game has already hit me in my heart in a way only the greats have.

    It's hard to believe when I was researching the game deciding if I wanted to buy it people almost universally played down the story. I'm quite enthralled so far and I've just begun. Really glad I didn't let the poor reviews of the story deter me. Looking forward to what the rest of this game has to offer! It really captures that old school JRPG essence that recent generations have been sorely lacking imo.

    Anyway, sorry for the wall of emo text nobody asked for. It's just fresh and I really wanted to sing this game's praises for a moment. Back to it!

    submitted by /u/Manaxium
    [link] [comments]

    lol ... and i thought the maid noticing you "taking" them from the king's wardrobe was enough ...

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:43 AM PST

    It's finally over.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:41 AM PST

    How's Dragon Quest 11 for someone who has never played the series? Xbox One X

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:47 AM PST

    Thinking about buying this. I've honestly been really drained when it comes to gaming, not because I've played too much games. Much the opposite. I keep dropping games.

    Nothing holds my interest now a days. I blame multiplayer games.

    It's been too long since I've played a single player game. It's been too long since I've finished a single player games.

    submitted by /u/WeissLegs
    [link] [comments]

    Just started Act 3

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:35 AM PST

    What are the best moments to switch between 2D and 3D throughout the game?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:55 AM PST

    The switch isn't seamless at all, but I still want to do 2D. I like it because it's faster and also it's pretty cool.

    I figure some chapters will have a lot of padding before you can get to a church, so doing the switch would mean re-doing all that stuff, whereas some other chapters will make it easier to switch.

    I also bet some parts are way cooler in 3D just for the visuals.

    So, can you help me figuring out what are the best moments to switch? This is my first time on DQ11.

    The ideal switch point:
    -The current and the next switch point both have the churches right at the start. It's okay if 2d and 3d mode span several chapters, what matters is that the change happens at the start of each chapter.

    -Switch to 2D if it's a chapter that doesn't have anything special in terms of visuals. What's special? A location or dungeon that looks awesome, new character introduction, or whatever that might be more impressive.

    submitted by /u/ohlordwhywhy
    [link] [comments]

    DQ2 - Beat it - Level 29 Brag thread

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:24 AM PST

    Just wanted to brag a bit, I just completed DQ2 at level 29. No intentional grinding, no outside help with the exception of a world map.

    Challenging game, but in a good way. I felt it encouraged using the defend and run commands in a way that most games don't. The endgame also encouraged figuring out which monsters were going to be a potential castastrophe and which are a good opportunity to use the healing shields to up your HP.

    Overall, I really enjoyed it having only played DQ1 prior to this. Grinding seemed like a must in that game, but not so much here if you play conservatively which was a big plus for me! I did die a ton around the final dungeon and the area around there and that might constitute grinding, but I was always deliberately trying to progress in the game.

    It did bother me how often my attack spells missed, I guess I'm used to Final Fantasy where attack spells always hit.

    Good game! Looking forward to the next one!

    submitted by /u/IntricatelySimple
    [link] [comments]

    Do you recommend dragon quest xi definitive edition for switch?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:00 AM PST

    I haven't played any turn based jrpg's but this game has caught my eye, do you think it's good for a first time player of both turn based jrpgs and the dragon quest series as a whole?

    submitted by /u/PhilyaPhilya
    [link] [comments]

    Here's my Tier List. A little different in order than the usual I think.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:19 PM PST

    What are your thoughts about Dragon Quest Heroes?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 05:24 AM PST

    I'm finally playing this game I was excited since it first was announced eons ago and because I didn't have the platform to play it at that time (now in this last Black Friday I brought a Gaming PC)

    I love the Musou/Warriors series from Koei, although they are very repetitive I enjoy mindless carnage of weaklings with over the top moves. I have a PS3 and have played a lot Musou games for it like Fist of North Star, One Piece, Gundam, Dynasty Warriors, Knight of Zodiac (even though it's not from Koei, it follows the formula). I also have Hyrule Warriors for 3DS.

    So I was very willing to play Dragon Quest Heroes. All the games I mentioned are practically the same, but I somehow always enjoyed them.

    But oh boy Dragon Quest Heroes has been a struggle to say the least. The ingredients drop rate are so low, killing a bunch of enemies that generally are Rare to gain Mini Medals at Monster Suppression is so boring...

    I haven't finished the game yet, just hit the 30 hours mark of play time and has a great chance I'm getting Dragon Quest Heroes 2, maybe because I'm masochist.

    submitted by /u/casthecold
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to defeat Metal Slimes in Switch version of Dragon Quest 1?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 05:18 AM PST

    I've only beaten one because of a critical hit that did 99 damage but I can't get them to stay without then fleeing. Is there a spell or something I can use to actually beat them?

    submitted by /u/Deltafuse_Cy
    [link] [comments]

    Sad... (DQ11 ACT 3 SPOILERS)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:45 AM PST

    Any one else feel that Dragon quest 7 ps1 version should of been a one disc game

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 01:13 AM PST

    I beat the game and feel like the second disc is just fluff it dose have some fun ideas but also feels that they kinda ran out of good ideas by that point

    submitted by /u/zebarothdarklord
    [link] [comments]

    Some Pixel Art of Estark

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:49 PM PST

    Some Pixel Art of Estark

    https://preview.redd.it/scbkc4b3s6c61.png?width=436&format=png&auto=webp&s=88d5f6bad6df07b52f62bd43c1a7e9028558faf1

    All hail the great sword cockroach who's also weak against naps for some reason.

    Blue palette is based on the one from DQIV, and orange is from the rest (I feel dumb for saying that, but yeah)

    submitted by /u/TheAntiHeroGamingBum
    [link] [comments]

    Seer no Evil (Art by Me)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    How to put on hood again? It doesnt cover my head anymore

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:17 PM PST

    No dragon warrior 7 on steam?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 08:39 PM PST

    Id like to play DW7 I think it was on the original playstation.. anyway I can do this on my computer? I dont see the game on steam

    submitted by /u/AdamFieldFred
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment