• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 10, 2021

    Dragon Quest DQ: The Adventure of Dai - Episode 27 Discussion

    Dragon Quest DQ: The Adventure of Dai - Episode 27 Discussion


    DQ: The Adventure of Dai - Episode 27 Discussion

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, Episode 27.

    Alternative names: Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020)

    PLEASE REMEMBER TO FOLLOW SUBREDDIT RULES REGARDING SPOILERS


    Official Streams

    Show Information


    Previous Episode Discussion: Episode 26

    Next Episode Discussion: Coming Apr. 16th, 2021

    submitted by /u/TheCodingGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Finally properly entered the realm of Dragon Quest! Never played a DQ game before, but I think I’ll enjoy the series quite a bit!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    Are Dragon Quest I/II/III worth it on switch (port quality-wise) ?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    I'm a fan of the franchise so I'm not worried about the story, gameplay etc... because I know I'll enjoy it. But is the gaming experience nice on switch or should I (I can't believe I'm saying this) get it on mobile ? While it's still cheap on switch, the price difference is enough to make me wonder if it's worth it.

    Do you have anything to say about the quality of the port ? I know that they didn't put too much effort on these games (sadly, I wish we got remakes with the option to get modern graphics... I don't mind retro but between the graphics of DQ IV and DQ XI my preference clearly goes to DQ XI), but are they still enjoyable or are they buggy ?

    submitted by /u/ningyizhuo
    [link] [comments]

    Question from newbie: Should I spend $80+ on Dragon Quest IV for DS or do you think there will be a port soon for Switch? Enjoying the third game currently.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    After playing a lot of 11 and enjoying it, I went ahead and got others. I noticed the next one I'd play, IV, isn't on Switch. Looking for DS (I have 3DS) it's about $80+ for the game.

    Is this worth it? Do you think Switch will have a port soon? I'd love to play the game. :)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/StarryEyedGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Are medicinal herbs applied orally or physically?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    Do they ever mention it in the game? The only time I've ever seen how it was used was in the movie, which was oral.

    What do you think? Do the heroes apply it on their wounds, or swallow them?

    submitted by /u/WarriorArus
    [link] [comments]

    A Chrono Trigger remake in that Dragon Quest XI shape would be fucking lit! Imagine the possibilities!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    How many quests are there

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    My daughter's quest log says there's a total of 86 quests while mine says 89. What is the final number? And is there a list somewhere of all the quests?

    submitted by /u/ZMeson
    [link] [comments]

    [Tutorial] How to play Dragon Quest mobile games with a controller on an android emulator

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    I wanted to play the mobile version of DQIV just because it has the party chat, I refused to play the DS version which is inferior but I also hate touch controls, especially in this kind of games which are very long and where you have to explore a lot (yes, I tried to play it with touch controls and I hated it). So after searching a lot I found a solution, my setup is based on this post from the woodus forum with a few changes made.

    Video demonstration of the result

    Its not a perfect solution but it works pretty good!! I thought that maybe someone would find this information useful:

    Im using LDplayer android emulator (first time I use one, havent tried others so cant compare), PS4 controller connected to PC via bluetooth, and JoytoKey program.

    1: After downloading and installing your android emulator, you need to sign in to your google account and install your DQ game.

    2: Connect your controller and be sure that the emulator recognize theres a controller connected.

    3: Launch the game

    4: Open JoytoKey program besides the emulator, the program should also recognize your controller.

    5: We will be binding the mouse position, movement and clicking to our controller. Each time you move the stick or press a button on the PS4 controller, a yellow mark will appear on the joytokey program. In this way we know what buttons we will be binding. Double click the button that you want to bind.

    6: In the game, choose the smallest D-pad and move it to the left side.

    7: Stick1 is the left stick of your controller, double click on the left side of stick1 in the joytokey program, a window will appear with 6 tabs, go to mouse (advanced), choose the coordinates according to your monitor (in my case its X:50, Y:73), you will need to find them out by trial and error, put some number only in the Y axis as we are going to choose spring mode and when we choose this mode the X axis does not change position even if change the coordinate (probably a bug of the program), as we are configuring the left stick choose -4 in the horizontal slider below spring mode. Click OK, then go to the game and move the left stick of the PS4 controller to the left which will make the mouse move to the coordinate we just selected. The aim is to find the coordinate of the center of the in-game virtual d-pad (the little circle), move the Y coordinate accordingly on the joytokey program until you find it. After finding the right coordinate, then you will also tick the option "Left" under "Mouse Click". This will mean that when you move the left stick of the PS4 controller to the left you will "click" on the in-game virtual joystick and also move it to the left, thus moving the character to the left. Example

    8: Do the same procedure with the right, up and down of the stick1 in the joytokey program, the coordinates will be the same as the ones you found above, the only thing that you will change in each configuration is the slider below "spring mode". for the right side you will move the horizontal slider to the right till 4. For up you will move the vertical slider up till 6, for down you will move the vertical slider to 4.

    9: Now we will configure stick2 which is your right stick, we will bind the mouse movement to this stick. Choose stick2 left side, go to the mouse tab (NOT advanced), under "mouse movement" choose left, click OK, thats it! Now do the same for the right, down, and up sides. Example

    10: Now you will configure each button, in my case I binded the triangle button to the menu button in the game. Choose the button that turns yellow on the joytokey program when you press the triangle button on your ps4 controller, go to the mouse advanced tab, choose the coordinates; as above, you will have to find the right coordinates for your case, as we are going to choose the option 1 = "jump cursor to the target position when this button is pressed" this time we are also going to modify the X coordinate, so find your right X and Y coordinates so that when you click in the triangle button of the PS4 controller, your mouse will be placed on the menu button of the game. After you find the right coordinates, check "left" under "mouse click" and now each time you press the triangle button, the menu will open. You will do the same process for every other button. Example

    11: It would be convenient if you had an "action" button. In my case, I chose X to be my action button. Open its configuration, under the "mouse" tab (not advanced) tick "left" under "mouse click", thats all! Now you will be able to talk, and explore everything by just clicking the X button. Example

    12: In the end you will have something like this. I personally did the following bindings:

    D-Pad: Battle buttons; UP (attack), left (items), right (magic), down (defend)

    Left stick: Character movement (in-game virtual joystick)

    Right stick: Mouse movement

    L1: move camera left side

    L2: Return camera to neutral position

    R2: Open map

    R1: Free for now

    Square button: Party chat

    Triangle: Menu button

    Circle: Cancel, back, flee, move camera to the right button (all of this is in the same position)

    X button: "Action button"; talk to people, explore, move inside menus (with right stick and x button)

    Still free buttons for anything I could need: R1, L3, R3, "share" and "options" buttons. This is my first time playing DQIV so I dont know if I will need to bind anything else along the way, please no spoilers.

    I hope its clear, it is in reality pretty easy to set it up

    submitted by /u/dbgt7
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play dragon quest 8 on ps2 emulator or 3ds emulator?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:22 PM PDT

    So after buying dragon quest builders 2 and falling in love with it I decided I need to play a mainline game. I think I'm gonna start with 8. This is a game I can only play on pc, I'm not buying a 3ds for one game so I need to emulate it. However after doing some research I can't for life of me decide if I should play it on ps2 emulation or 3ds. 3ds version has more content I hear but it significantly uglier and doesn't have the cool anime design of the ps2 version right? How much uglier would the 3ds version look on an emulated 3ds plastered to my large tv screen? Is the extra content worth it or would I likely just be happier with the much better looking ps2 version? What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/JuiceZee
    [link] [comments]

    Buy DQ 5 ?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    How can I buy DQ 5 ? Because all I can see is a price about 100-300 and I can't afford that. Also I can't dowload it because of the anti hack.

    submitted by /u/gvfdjjf
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon quest dai no daibouken review

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    Thoughts on DQ: Your Story

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    I just finished DQ: Your Story, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. Before the plot twist, the film was ok. They literally skipped through most of the childhood section, which is really weird. They show snes gameplay of it, but it doesn't really work well tbh. If I hadn't played the game I'd have no idea what was happening. Anyway, the rest of the film is decent. Nera wasn't there for a while, but I like what they did with her. Also... why'd they cut Debora...? The part where Luca chooses between Nera and Bianca is good, but if you haven't played the game you won't care about either of them since most of the childhood was skipped. Anyway after Luca marries Bianca he just stops looking for Mada for some reason which was kinda weird. Anyway once his som is born(I forgot his name) the daughter was cut for some reason...? The third generation part was good, and the statue part and reunion almost made me cry. The final battle with Ladja was amazing, but then the twist happened. I already knew exactly what would happen, but I still hated it. Nimzo was a great villain, he didn't deserve this! Why couldn't they just adapt the game faithfully? Also I was surprised with how good the english va's were. If dq5 ever gets remade again and it comes to the west it'd be cool to see all of the va's back, especially Ladja's, I really liked his performance. Overall it was a decent movie, even with cutting out the childhood section and how fast the pacing is, just remove the twist and it'll be a much better movie!

    submitted by /u/Heropon-Tora
    [link] [comments]

    Does it hace a montly subscription?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    So yeah i wanted to Start playing Dragon Quest 10 and i Wanna know if i need to pay to play

    submitted by /u/MasterpieceMotor8373
    [link] [comments]

    I am playing through Dragon Quest XI S with all eight draconian quests, what are good early game weapons I can get without going to shops?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    I am just past Gallopolis, what are some weapons I can get already or soon without buying them at shops? (Mainly swords, greatswords, and knives.) I already have the iron sword and iron greatsword recipe and have crafted them.

    Also I have already beat the game normally so you can spoil.

    submitted by /u/Successful_Exam8516
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment