• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 27, 2021

    Dragon Quest DQ: The Adventure of Dai - Episode 59 Discussion

    Dragon Quest DQ: The Adventure of Dai - Episode 59 Discussion


    DQ: The Adventure of Dai - Episode 59 Discussion

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 06:21 PM PST

    Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, Episode 59.

    Alternative names: Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020)

    PLEASE REMEMBER TO FOLLOW SUBREDDIT RULES REGARDING SPOILERS


    Official Streams

    Show Information


    Previous Episode Discussion: Episode 58

    Next Episode Discussion: Coming December 3rd, 2021

    submitted by /u/TheCodingGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Solo drawing!!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 02:49 PM PST

    you want me to KNOCK?? in a dragon quest game!? no thank you. now move aside so i can nick your shit

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 03:43 PM PST

    What level should i be(dq11)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 01:54 AM PST

    I am in the snow to defeat the witch, but everything is so simple, i never need item or rest, what was your level there?

    submitted by /u/P-R-O-X-Y
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need to grind in dragon quest xi s?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2021 01:23 AM PST

    I get this is a Jrpg and usually you have to grind in particular areas. But I'm wondering how often should I be stopping and actually fighting enemies. I had a tough time with the griffons and eventually lvled up to 10 before beating them. I'm making my way to gallopolis. Will there be more difficulty spikes like that in the game?

    submitted by /u/rddrip42
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Reason for the Monsters coming back in DQ2

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 07:10 PM PST

    We all know DQ1 and 2 are connected as they both in the Erdrick trilogy and both have the continent of Alefgard in them, and the game tells you that in the beginning. Something that just never made sense to me was how after you defeat the Dragonlord it is said the monsters disappear but all of a sudden monsters re-appear in DQ2.

    Where could the monsters have come from if they were all gone? Well, I have a sort-of theory on what happened.

    Some thought just came up in my mind after seeing a review of DQ1 on youtube where they pointed how one the Sages wants you to bring him Garin's Harp (or Lyre of Ire) which is an item that bring monsters towards you in exchange for the Staff or Rain, without questioning his motive for wanting it. Although the sage may say he wants you to bring it to him to show him that you are strong or whatever, it's questionable as to why he wants it.

    I was thinking that what if that sage was actually Hargon in disguise or someone one was working for Hargon and using the Harp or summon monsters. Long after the DQ1 Hero leaves Alefgard and explores the rest of Torland, the continent as no reliable hero or anything to defend the towns, so the sage visits the towns and uses the harps to bring monsters onto them so the towns of Galenholem, Kol, Cantlin, and Rimuldar are destroyed. Hargon's reason for doing this is because he wanted to show the world what he was going to do it. He He tells his minions to attack Moonbrooke and the Events of DQ2 unfold.

    This theory has one flaw though, and that is, why didn't Hargon Destroy Tantegel and Dragonlord's castle aswell? I don't know but this is just a thought that came to me. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Calm-Note-1681
    [link] [comments]

    Stronger enemies boss party advice *spoilers*

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 09:13 PM PST

    This is my first DQ game, and it's been a fun challenge to understand how fights play out! I'm so glad I chose harder enemies as an option, because I can't just mindlessly go through battles.

    I just got Serena back in my party after beating the dragon thing in Sniflheim, so my party is only missing Veronica (I'm guessing I get her back). I'm having trouble deciding on a good party composition.

    Hero and Serena seem like obvious choices, and I've been running Sylvando as support for Oomphle and Hustle Dance. I've been using Erik or Jade as my 4th for a second DPS, but I'm not sure either is great on hard enemies.

    Jade seems okay, but nothing great. I've been trying to do the Divide + Cobra Strike + Victimizer combo with Erik's knives, but the setup seems too unreliable against bosses. It frequently gets interrupted, and even when I have Sylvando with knives too, he usually wants to use a different spell or ability than Cobra Strike to support Erik. I'm going to try dual swords instead of knives for more reliable damage, but a second DPS might just be greedy in general.

    I think having Sylvando or Veronica will be good for support, so one of them (or maybe Rab?) is probably my best bet for a 3rd character.

    For the last character, Erik is probably the most DPS, but it feels like supporting 2 full DPS characters is tricky on hard mode. Maybe 8 for the last spot to provide some more utility balanced with DPS?

    I'd love to hear your thoughts and strategies! I love trying to optimize my party!

    submitted by /u/Jahordon
    [link] [comments]

    Been working on writing down the Townspeople Talk Tripe dialogue

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 01:15 PM PST

    Lately I've been working on writing down the TTT dialogue.

    I'm only up to Lunalulu when it comes to screenshotting and recording dialogue. I hope to have a google document to show off some time soon.

    going through this, I've learnt that some NPCs can't trigger the tripe. That boy from Gondolia who was cursed to be mute doesn't trigger it for example, likely to avoid the tripe making him talk. Ryu from Hotto doesn't do it either, likely due to you only being able to talk to him in the post game.

    Edit: And with a surprise dialogue from the 2D mode side quest tockle, I'm mostly done with gathering 3D world dialogue. Might have missed some, but I've found a good chunk.

    Currently got a few things to do

    See if it affects 2D mode side stuff, turbo controller talking to the guy in the Tickington Inn... No jingle, so likely no tripe talk in that section of the game.

    Next, off to see that person in that tower that used to be an important character.

    After that, typing up what I've not typed yet

    submitted by /u/godzillahomer
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I go?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 04:05 PM PST

    I'm just in the palace city I need to go somewhere looking for a Orb, I don't even know how to see the map or save the game

    submitted by /u/Blanksheet911
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment