• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    Dragon Quest The best DAI NO DAIBOKEN art i just found

    Dragon Quest The best DAI NO DAIBOKEN art i just found


    The best DAI NO DAIBOKEN art i just found

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Best Friend’s Girlfriend finished my commission of Hero/Eleven. Her IG is @JulesDraws

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:53 PM PST

    "I have your back." - Art by オナモミ

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:46 PM PST

    I've finally done it!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Oh my gosh I finally beat DQXIS!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Finally after 6 months and 130+ hours... I beat Dragon Quest XIS. This game was absolutely magnificent. I'm so glad this was my first Dragon Quest game, holy damn.

    DQXI will always hold a special place in my heart. I seriously haven't been this enraptured in an RPG since I've play PM:TTYD, and that was like 12 years ago...the characters, story, setting, atmosphere, I loved all of it. I'm now finally ready to play other games in the series, I've already bought the DQ1-3 and I'm still trying to figure out what's the best way to play DQ8 and I'm gonna play Dragon Quest Builders 2 as well. Add to this that I've bought fanworks, the artbook, the DQXI character book I can definitely say I'm a Dragon Quest fan. sigh what a game, what a franchise...I love it!

    submitted by /u/KoalaTulip
    [link] [comments]

    How are the builders games?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:08 AM PST

    On switch, specifically. And should I skip straight to 2?

    submitted by /u/Weltall548
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine DQVR

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

    Fun-Sized Forge Help

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:27 AM PST

    I need help on getting better at using the fun-sized forge. currently I'm trying to craft a Straight Poker, a 4 star spear.

    however, every time I try every single bar falls short and doesn't even make it into the zone.

    I use sizzly puff 3-4 times I try, but still I fall short.

    is it simply a matter of waiting until I get a high enough focus? or is there something I'm missing completely?

    any tips would be very appreciated, thank you a lot.

    submitted by /u/ImNotIllustrium
    [link] [comments]

    *spoiler* DQ11 (Angri-La) how do y'all get the final trial...

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:44 AM PST

    ...fast enough to get the ultimate greatsword?

    I need to beat it in 30 turns or less, IIRC. I can only beat it in ~32-37 turns so I can't get the final reward, which as I said seems like the strongest greatsword in the game.

    What was your strategy? Each round lets you use 2 characters. The first round is easy, I have Erik and Rab but I think I take way too long here because it's extremely dependent on weather or not Erik gets dazzled (if he does I end up wasting too many turns guaranteed, if not I kill the monsters very fast by using Divide + Critical Claim on the Flamethrower and boost Rab's Magical Might, then Kacrackle the backup, which kills them all at once).

    The second round (with the octopot) is the easiest by far (I just Channel Anger, Sylvando gives Veronica another turn, then I use Magic Burst to instantly kill everything).

    The third round with the giant mimic, I usually use Hendrik and Serena, Henrik can kill the mimic in a couple turns after I +2 his attack and spam A Cut Above while Serena heals him (as the enemy aggro typically targets only him). The fodder take too long to kill because Hendrik has trouble killing all of them at the same time and Serena has terrible offense with a wand. I was considering swapping her with Rab as he has claws so I could just use Wild Animaul to kill the mimic faster.

    The last round, both monsters have a large amount of HP. I use Jade and the Luminary (as both are my top damage dealers, plus the Luminary knows Omniheal). I start by just using Re-Vamp, and then having the Luminary just spam Unbridled Blade (usually the dragon) while Jade uses Crushed Ice/Multifeet on the manicore. Each turn I can basically do about 900-1000 damage per enemy. The backup fodder are easily killed if I use Pink Tornado.

    The closest I got was 32 turns, so clearly it's possible with my strategy... But any tips on efficiency? I feel like I spend too much time in Round 3 or 4 because I can do the first two together rather quickly. Round 1 is a toss-up and if I get dazzled I'll end up wasting 10 turns missing constantly, or I can sweep it in 3-4 turns so it's hugely different depending on the game's RNG, I guess...

    For reference, Erik = Moon Ring/Meteorang (the penultimate version, forgot the exact name), Veronica = Staff of Time, Rab = Xenlon Claws, Jade = Heaven's Talon, Luminary = Berserker Blade, Serena = Wand of Time, Sylvando = Hellbeast's Leash and Hendrick = Galaxy Axe.

    All characters are in their low/mid 80's in level. All weapons are +3.

    submitted by /u/real_sadboi
    [link] [comments]

    DQ11 S - Super strong enemies (postgame)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:35 AM PST

    So Im replaying this on switch after finishing it on PS4 back when it came out, decided to go with super strong enemies and I enjoyed it. Post game though is pretty ridiculous though.. my characters are early 60s and I get destroyed by most bosses, the ones I have cleared just felt like very cheesy close calls, complaining about super strong enemies is silly but if I level more will the difficulty ease up or is the post game on this setting supposed to be this brutal? if so I'll just turn it off, feels a bit of a shame after coming this far though.

    submitted by /u/LuckyL90
    [link] [comments]

    What level should I be for Dragon Warrior 2 GBC?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:15 AM PST

    Rn im at 23/21/17 and guides online say at least level 30 for the prince of midenhall, but i looked up how much exp is needed and thats going to take DAYS. do i actually need to get to 30 to stand a chance?

    submitted by /u/Nikhl
    [link] [comments]

    Tried and failed to get into dragon quest twice

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:08 AM PST

    A few years ago I played. I liked gameplay and jobsystem well enough, but the smaller stories and lack of a plot weren't enough to kept me playing. I stopped shortly after getting a boat iirc.

    Recently I played about 11 hours of dq11. Was really looking forward to playing it. I waited for the switch version, since it seemingly fixed the most pressing issues people had with the ps4 version. Started with st monsters and lower monsters give less exp. It just made the game unfun to play. With so few options in combat, Making the combat harder just made the game more tedious. After removing these challenges, the game had the opposite problem of be too easy. I just auto-combat every encounter.

    Story and characters are that interesting either so far, so there is little to keep me going. So, now I'm unsure what to do next. I do play a lot of JRPG's, like recent I played through the trails series and I'm now about to get into Suikoden. In theory I should love this series, but it hasn't worked out so far.

    submitted by /u/Boddy27
    [link] [comments]

    [DQ11] How many hours did it take for you to get to Act 2?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:40 PM PST

    Asking because I want to see if I'm pacing myself / rushing. I just got to Act 2 with about 35 hours in (which is worrying because I think I am rushing even though I've tried not to)

    submitted by /u/notredneckig
    [link] [comments]

    Hey y’all I’m new to the DQ series,

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:40 PM PST

    I have DQ 8, 9, and 11; I'm playing through 8 currently but I have an hour in the other two as well, love them all so far. I was thinking about getting 7 on the 3DS; I've heard a few good things about it, like it has a long story and customization and I've heard that you can run a town/village in it as well, is that all true and want to know if it's worth a play/a good entry in the series ?

    submitted by /u/theloneliestslag
    [link] [comments]

    How much grinding do I have to do for Act 3 in normal mode?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:13 PM PST

    The title sums up my question

    submitted by /u/CooperWinkler
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Dai no Daibouken manga in English?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:38 PM PST

    Are there any physical english Dai no Daibouken mangas? I have looked everywhere and can only find the manga in Japanese. Does anyone know where I can find a physical english version if one even exists?

    submitted by /u/hotinsuncoldinshade
    [link] [comments]

    Can you put vicious metal slimes to sleep?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:11 PM PST

    In act 2 currently and I'm trying to get extra exp in Dundrasil. But these darn metal slimes keep running off before I get that last hit in. So I was curious is snoozing the little buggers a good idea?

    submitted by /u/mrjovoni
    [link] [comments]

    [Very Big DQ7 postgame spoilers] Secret Bosses are a pushover when you have over 1000 damage being dealt every turn. Also, this is my personal record.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:13 AM PST

    Dragon Quest 11 didn't save properly?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:06 PM PST

    After saving the village of Phnom Nonh, I saved the game multiple times and I guess none of them worked because when I tried playing today my save files only have me in the other side- upper floor. I even have the steam achievement for beating the boss. Is there a way to get myself back to where I was or do I just have to suck it up and replay it?

    submitted by /u/Summonedsniper
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Heoes: the World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below All recipes help

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:49 PM PST

    Hello everyone I'm here to because I need your help.

    As you probably know Dragon Quest Heroes feature a crafting system for the accessories, with three tiers of recipes, Quick, Classic and Luxury. While the Quick recipe for an accessory can be bought with Mini-Medals, the classic and luxury reipes can only be get as a drop from monsters.

    Now, I recently discovered through a translated page from a japanese site that contrary to popular belief, the accessories recipes in Dragon Quest Heroes are NOT recieved at random but instead specific monster species drop specific recipes, for example the Raging Ruby recipe can only be dropped by Stone Golems. This requires grinding and a lot of time but, especially with Saturday's special rare items event, its manageable.

    However one of the recipes is the Endure Ring which,according to my source, its dropped by the coffer monsters: the Cannibox, the Mimic and the Pandora's Box. Due to how they appear in the maps (disguised as a chest, if you are lucky/unlucky) makes them a major pain to grind. Mission 85, the colosseum fight, has a fight with 2 Mimics and a Pandora's Box so I may have found the most optimal place to grind them, by using Evac before I win the mission, but after a couple of hours I still had no luck.

    I want to ask a few questions:

    1-Has anyone ever gathered all recipes? If so did the Endure ring recipes dropped out of any other monster besides the coffers?

    2-If only the coffers do drop the Endure Ring recipe, It is possible cheat and force a a" Rare item Drop increased" event on multiple days besides Saturday?

    3- I'm using Ace of Spoils accessories since recipes are Spoils that are neighter gold, materials or Mini-Medals, but I don't know if there are other accessories that would work better.

    Thank you in advance. Even if i don't recieve the informations I seek, I would at the very least spread the knowledge about the real way recipes drop, since it apears to be really unknown in the west.

    submitted by /u/Tanawy
    [link] [comments]

    DQ 11 item dupe question *SPOILERS*

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    ive got this trick down but ive read you can dupe eights items as well but cant figure out how as they arent in your party before the events at yggdrasil the first time or after the timeskip

    submitted by /u/Hosauce_
    [link] [comments]

    Which DQ11 runthrough would be more difficult?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:04 PM PST

    Nothing but Tough Monsters on, or everything but Tough Monsters on (with maybe shypon turned off).

    Just curious about people's thoughts.

    submitted by /u/saltybandana2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment