• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    Dragon Quest Pre-Register for Dragon Quest Of The Stars on Android!

    Dragon Quest Pre-Register for Dragon Quest Of The Stars on Android!


    Pre-Register for Dragon Quest Of The Stars on Android!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:27 PM PST

    Just noticed this went up! It's gonna be here soon!

    DRAGON QUEST OF THE STARS!

    Edit: Up on iOS as well!

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1486570083?mt=8

    Looks like the release date is Feb 25th! The offical site updated too!

    https://www.dragonquest.com/ofthestars/

    submitted by /u/ProfessorNester
    [link] [comments]

    A basic meme i did

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:30 AM PST

    Got a slime case for my switch! Complete with a needle-felted slime charm!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:48 PM PST

    A friend's water bottle froze, it looked like a perfect slime!!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:47 AM PST

    Finished this a couple of days ago, Toriyama tribute featuring DB and DQ (amazing work by Marcus Ottner)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:23 PM PST

    Do anyone of you have IRL dragon quest friends?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 05:29 AM PST

    Sadly, I turned 30 recently, and besides the first time I touched a DQ game I have had no friends to experience the games with. In high school I played football and fell into a trap of hanging out with football players, and my entire circle of friends revolves around sports, CoD, Halo. DQ/JRPGs have been what I have loved as a kid but I just know no one else who is into them...

    I first started with DQ when one day at EBX I picked up DQ monsters for GBA when my mom let me pick out a game. I probably played 100s of hours of DQM with another kid, but it was only over summer camp and that was the last time I spoke to someone about the franchise in person.

    I tried going to local board game shops, but most of the people were into like DnD and skyrim and I never found someone into these games.

    Sad having to enjoy by myself or having to talk to random people on internet about it

    submitted by /u/Dqgriz
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest XI: the Game That Just Keeps Going

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:00 PM PST

    I bought DQ11 a week or two ago cause I was bored and wanted something new to play. I really wanted the Switch version, but it was still full price compared to the PC version on Steam which was on sale, so I got it on Steam. After looking up some threads about the Switch bonus content, I don't feel like I'm losing too much, but I may pick up the Switch version down the road.

    As for why I'm making this thread... Man, there were a couple moments where I really didn't think I would continue with this game. The entire first half was excellent, and I enjoyed just about every bit of it. The world and characters were amazing, the combat was exactly what I wanted out of a Dragon Quest game, the music was awesome (after replacing it with the orchestral OST), and the buildup to the trip to Yggdrasil felt really good.

    The rest of the post contains specific story spoilers for Dragon Quest XI:

    And then the fall happened. The game didn't really try to hide the fact that King Carnelian and Jasper were the bad guys (sort of) so there was really no shock there. Getting separated wasn't a big deal as I've played other JRPGs that did this as well, but the separation was immediately followed by what felt like a pretty lengthy sequence in the Last Bastion that I... really just didn't like that much. I had already spoiled myself on the fact that Gemma and the other people in Cobblestone had survived, so that was my bad but overall that segment just didn't catch my interest.

    Once I actually set out to find all my party members again, I kinda felt the game sagging a bit. This is another thing that's on me, but I had the Luminary using greatswords up to that point because regular swords just didn't match up for me. So when Hendrik joined I felt like I just got a weaker version of the Luminary added. And that's kinda what he remained through the rest of the game. He doesn't really provide anything that other party members don't already do better.

    On top of that, most of the story segments for regaining the party members were pretty short. Only Rab felt like his section lasted longer than an hour or so. I will say that visiting Angri-La was very cool since I had been curious about the place for a while. But the rest of the party members all rejoined super quick. Hell, getting Jade back took maybe 20 minutes. Erik just kind of shows up on the ship. What I'm trying to say is that the first half of the game felt very meaty, but the second half was very slapdash; everything went by too quick. It reminded me a lot of the second visits to the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2, where most of them present a new issue and resolve it in less than half the time it took in the first visits.

    Also... man I really missed Veronica. She was my favorite character and very useful in combat to boot. So I had been really hoping she would rejoin soon. When I got back to Arboria and found out what had happened, I was legitimately sad. I really felt the pain that the whole party suffered at finding out that Veronica was gone for good. This section in particular really gripped me and brought me back into the game when I sorely needed it. It helped that Serena also became an amazing addition to the party at that point as well.

    Following that, the quest to create the new Sword of Light felt very lopsided. The Battleground area where you obtain the orichalcum ore took quite a long time, but the Gallopolis and Hotto segments were very short in comparison. I just feel like some of the Battleground dungeon could have been cut out to match with the other two parts. I felt similar during the hunt for the orbs as well.

    So I continued on and finished the game. The entire final sequence was really good. I actually got my teeth kicked in at the front door to the Fortress of Fear so I went and grinded some levels before attempting it again. The final boss gave a really nice challenge and I had a great time. The game wrapped up and I sat through the credits.

    ...And then I loaded back in to my save file. Hoo boy, I thought the game was great before. Ever since I got back in after the final boss, it's been a non stop ride of awesomeness. I'm loving every second of it, and it just keeps on going! When I started the post-game story segment, I expected it to be an hour or so, but it's been like 6 or 7 hours now and I'm barely nearing the end (or so I assume based on context). I just... it's so awesome, and I just kinda wanted to put my thoughts down on that.

    I feel like I've been doing a lot of complaining in this post, but I wanna say I have absolutely enjoyed the hell out of this game. It's awesome, but I just feel like there's a few weird things that stick out to me.

    submitted by /u/Sparanda
    [link] [comments]

    "Dragon Quest of The Stars" is coming to the West! ✨

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:04 AM PST

    The Silent Heroes | Comic Dub

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:19 AM PST

    MKBHD is a man of culture!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:38 PM PST

    What MUST I do before end of act 2? Completion run help for DQXI on Switch

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:59 AM PST

    Hey all! First post here and first DQ game. Can't believe I slept on this series for over 20 years of gaming.

    So I just got to the door before the Mordegon fight in Fortress of Fear. I remembered getting to the end of act 1 and worrying I had permanently missed something once the world has changed. So my question for y'all is whether or not there are any one time items, events, bestiary records, etc. that I need to hit before the "final battle" that I've heard isn't the final battle.

    If there is, feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TennisGamer47
    [link] [comments]

    [BIG SPOILER] Question about the wishes

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:53 AM PST

    What happens when you ask Drustan to spend the rest of your life with someone a second time? Does it replace the person you previously chose, or do you live with two people now?

    submitted by /u/Thunder_God_Gavin
    [link] [comments]

    Question about two Stats for Erik and Jade in Dragon Quest XI S

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:39 AM PST

    I'm referring to the Magical Might and Magical Mending stats. According to the "Pepped-Up Hyper Healing" loading screen tip (the tip regarding Serena's pepped-up state), Magical Mending influence only the effectiveness of healing spells and non-100% resurrection spells. Since neighter Erik or Jade learn any of these type of spells, if there isn't any other use for M.Mend. that I ignore, then this stat can be ignored for them. Magical Might on the other hand may be more useful: according to the "Pepped-Up Mega Magic" loading screen tip (the tip regarding Veronica's pepped-up state), Magical Might influence "the strenght of offensive spells and the chance to inflic status ailments". So, unless it means " status ailments provoked specifically from the offensive spells" then M.Might:

    1. Influence the damage of Erik's Earth Spells and the rate his knives inflict Status ailments.
    2. Boost the rate of infliction of Charm for Jade. I also assume that it should boost the elemental damage of her electrical attacks (since she never learn any type of spell).

    Am I on the right track here or am I mistaken?

    I also would like to know what abilities use Charm to calculate their damage output? I know for sure that Pink Typhoon and Pink Tornado do.

    submitted by /u/Tanawy
    [link] [comments]

    My first embroidery project for my sister! Had to include a few of the little guys.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:52 PM PST

    Ya this took forever to find go to that island and keep battling the Bunicorn your find it soon

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:14 PM PST

    Who is the best marriage option in DQ11?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:58 PM PST

    I'm really stuck on who I should marry personally I've wanted to marry Gemma most of the game but recently I really like Serena and Jade so could someone tell me what they think of marrying each of the three?

    submitted by /u/CooperWinkler
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Monsters development isn't going well according to producers

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:02 PM PST

    [DQXI] So.... when I beat the game

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:18 PM PST

    So apparently I heard you go back in time to before the tree fell, does this mean you cant battle the vicious monsters anymore, and I should get them all before its too late?

    submitted by /u/Prof_Aristotle_Means
    [link] [comments]

    Am I ready for this? DQX1

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:30 PM PST

    So I just forged the blade of light and am able to go up to mordegon, now what I want to know if I am underleveled? My team is in the 40-43 range

    submitted by /u/GasFromAfatMan
    [link] [comments]

    Probably the oldest mention of a Dragon Quest pun. Found when listening to Estark theme

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:58 PM PST

    Draconian Quest Options

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:53 PM PST

    Hello, I got DQ XI a little before Christmas and played a little on my sister's Switch. I noticed that there were options that make the game a little harder. I have a Switch Lite now, but I can't seem to find these options. Can anyone help me or are they not available on the Switch Lite?

    submitted by /u/BananaRepublic_BR
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment