• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 23, 2020

    Dragon Quest I miss playing IX with the boys

    Dragon Quest I miss playing IX with the boys


    I miss playing IX with the boys

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:58 AM PST

    Masahiro Sakurai shared this awesome image on his Twitter!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 07:37 PM PST

    Dragon Quest XI Anime Intro

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 02:21 AM PST

    A little bit of Smash and a little bit of JoJo

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    DQ11 is a contender for best Turn Based RPG

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 07:26 AM PST

    Honestly, what doesn't it do right? The story and music are good. The difficulty is adjustable and not as pitifully low as some other RPGs. There is a ton of content.

    submitted by /u/Weltall548
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Xi Do seeds that boost states effect the amount of stats you gain by levels?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Do seeds that boost states effect the amount of stats you gain by levels?

    I remember either for the dragon quest games they lead to gaining less stats later via leveling for some reason or I might be thinking of another turn based rpg.

    submitted by /u/Namine_X
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Dragon Quest XI last night.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 07:19 PM PST

    So I've beaten Dragon Quest XI S on Switch with a final time of 117 hours (not including my attempts to beat the Timewyrm). This game has been a journey. This is not only my favorite RPG, but also one of my favorite games on the Switch. I was turned into a Dragon Quest fan practically overnight (as soon as I played the demo, I got to my research on the series).

    This game just has so much CONTENT. In my final hours, I was constantly google searching for everything to do in this game. I even made a post here asking for everything to do. After grinding out my Hallelujahs and Electro Lights, I fought Calasmos and Finished Tickington. I still can't get over those last cutscenes after you return the Sword of Light.

    I chose Erik as my wish to be with forever. I think Erik might be my favorite "Protagonist Sidekick" in any piece of media that I've ever experienced.

    I have almost nothing bad to say about the game. Can it be a little grindy? Sure, but unless you want to do the Wheel of Harma or beat Calasmos, you don't have to grind a lot at all.

    Dragon Quest XI S gets a fat 9.5/10 from me. While the game has flaws, that extra .5 comes from the fact that there was barely ever a point where I wasn't having fun.

    Next is DQ 5 or 3, I've heard good things about those two.

    submitted by /u/Thunder_God_Gavin
    [link] [comments]

    Clay Slime

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4) is only $25 on Amazon right now, and part of the Buy 2, Get 1 Free promotion

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. There's various other games that are also part of the promo, as well as comics, graphic novels, and even various D&D books (Like the recently released Eberron supplement).

    Also, like they always do, Amazon has worded the promotion weirdly. They list it as "Buy 3, Get 1 Free", but it just means that the third item is the free one.

    submitted by /u/OmegaLiquidX
    [link] [comments]

    [DQXI] Are there any “Meta” type achievements? Asking for completionist.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:32 AM PST

    So I just finished the game (for real this time, no spoilers) and was wondering if the game had any overarching achievements like "collect all treasure", "complete all achievements" etc. I know it has some, but I'm not really planning on going for it unless there is anything to finish it off like that on the Switch version. I was debating it at first but at least with treasure am thinking otherwise now as I'm driving myself insane trying to clear it.

    TL;DR Are there any "complete all achievements" achievements? Going for completionist if it's a thing.

    submitted by /u/rhinoceroseosei
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play the Draconian?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 11:01 PM PST

    I chose stronger monsters. Having kinda trouble early on. Came across Bodkin Archers. They just keep reinforcing and Im not stocked enouth to kill all of them from A to Z with 2 members party. Tried twice and it was a picle.

    Does it mean I should grind already or maybe that i should switch back to defaul?

    submitted by /u/ComboKush
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended mods for DragonQuest XI on PC?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 10:50 PM PST

    Small question but it looks like the megathread is archived so I'm making a new post. Are there any recommended mods beyond the orchestral music one for a first-time playthrough of DragonQuest XI on PC?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/myripyro
    [link] [comments]

    Ok is this a game for me ot not.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Been thinking about it. Because I really hated ni no kuni and I have this nino kuni feel when i play dq11. Its ok regarding anime style (i can manage) but then there are missions like rescuing a kitty from the roof of a building.

    If I dont like childish style such as nino kuni should I stop wasting time playing it more? Been playing it for around 5hrs and it doesnt seem interesting.

    Im 32 yrs old maybe thats the case.

    submitted by /u/ComboKush
    [link] [comments]

    crimsonite not registering (possible spoiler)

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 04:50 PM PST

    I just exchanged a serpents soul for a crimsonite so I could forge the supreme sword (I already had a couple, just needed one more - I can't remember the required number but I was one short) and when I went into the forging it said I didn't have enough of them. what happened?

    submitted by /u/coyotesandcrickets
    [link] [comments]

    Malicious great Keeper

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 03:52 PM PST

    Iv heard these guys show up near the Dundrasil ruins when raining,I'm trying to farm skill seeds,but I haven't spotted a single one. Playing on the switch. Has anyone else seen any?

    submitted by /u/mrjovoni
    [link] [comments]

    Demo save transfer?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 03:46 PM PST

    I've been playin the demo of XI on switch and I'm definitely gonna buy the game now. But I was wondering, will there be any issues if I buy the physical copy of the game versus just downloading from the eshop? Has anyone tried this and can confirm the save will just transfer over to full game? Thank you! 😊

    submitted by /u/Hitthasosville
    [link] [comments]

    How I beat final boss.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:56 PM PST

    When I started the game I was gonna go my goto traditional rpg team. A warrior, rogue, mage, healer. Later on the game pushed me to my limit once I encountered final trial of Drustan (Pride Boss) and angri la final + secret trial.

    Thing is that anywhere before these two trials and final boss I didn't need to worry about difficulty. I could relax and watch the game play itself using fight wisely tactics. Once I reached these trials however I finally looked at what skill everyone has and then optimized my build.

    Here are my thoughts (8th, serena, Eric, veronica) [main party]

    1. 8th char is great wall of china. I simply need to say that forbearance is the single most broken ability in the game. You cast some defensive spells + forbearance and your entire party is now free do deal damage and setup their skills without worry of dying or getting interrupted. He can also deal huge damage by sacrificing his defense which comes close to Eric. He sucks at multi target however.

    2. Serena is a goddess. She heals too damn much and you can reliably put her in any main party. Even the turns she isnt healing she can spam divine restitution for some reliable damage and self healing.

    3. Eric is a God with boomerangs late game. Throughout the entire game boomerang suck dick and simply do a small aoe damage to enemies. Atleast with dualwield daggers and divide combo u can victimize bosses. But later on all these shortcomings fix themselves. You get boomerangs that deal full damage to subsequent targets and also a passive which removes offhand damage penalty. On top of that boomerangs hit targets twice. So I tried using divide + double down and witnessed hell razed on all the enemies. The best thing about this is that you can deal this damage every 2 turns. It essentially deals upto 1.5k damage to every target on the field which can increase even further if he is pepped or oomphed. I think I beat final boss by getting him to divide 5 times. So within 40 turns total.

    4. Veronica is a mage. She is what I expect a mage to be. She can deal huge consistent damage or she can become megumin and cast one god killing spell only to become useless afterwards which is good either way. If you want to conserve turns then mana eating spell is great. But for final boss I believe she needs to be casting spells every turn. So it's better to use kaboomle or kacrackle with channel anger.

    5. Mc. Mc is nice but his problem is that he doesnt have great combos in his kit. He can do something which every other character can at a 70 to 80% efficiency. But he cant take anything to a 120. So I benched him in the final fight. Dont get me wrong because he is obviously the best and versatile character in the game. But for final boss I didnt find him useful enough

    6. Sylvando is somewhat useless. I really liked him through the main game but post game he feels extremely useless. He cant deal more than 650 single target or 400 multi target. I think I used him in trials cuz his finger of justice is like mc quadraslash but for single target and deals reliable 550 to 650 damage. Also he uses whip where he can remove positive effects from enemy including pep. He has very specific use cases so I mostly avoided him.

    7. Jade. Jade in my opinion is just a nerfed down mc. She had single and multi target abilities but she doesn't really heal like mc nor is she tanky like him. In certain phases of the game she probably deals more consistent damage but I really never used her so I'm not aware.

    8. Rab. Rab is just crap. I'm not sure how well he does with claws but all his outfits give him mending and might so I gave him a large wand. He just does what serena and veronica do but worse. He also has least base resilience and dies very easily. His aoe sucks and he never gets omniheal iirc.

    So what did you guys use for final boss and trials?

    Edit: Typo

    submitted by /u/darkmaster666
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an english patch for dragon quest iv on ps1?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Does anybody know the spawn rate of rarefied monsters?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:03 PM PST

    I've been grinding for a Lunar Chimaera and I want to know just how hopeless the hunt really is. I have both serendipity items (ring and wings) +3

    submitted by /u/realcomradecora
    [link] [comments]

    Tougher monsters or no???

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 04:17 PM PST

    I keep going back and forth on whether or not to play with this option on. I've seen a lot of posts from people saying at 40+ hours in they're bored. I'm just at the point where you head back to Heliodor so less than 10 hours in with tougher monsters turned on and it seems like a HUGE spike compared to the same area on normal. I just don't want to get that far in and regret it either way.

    I know you can turn it off but I'd imagine that if you do then it would be way easy due to gear, lvls etc.

    submitted by /u/Gamingwordnerd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment