• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Dragon Quest Sadly one of my Christmas presents was misplaced last month, but today I walked and found this wonderful surprise from my brother!

    Dragon Quest Sadly one of my Christmas presents was misplaced last month, but today I walked and found this wonderful surprise from my brother!


    Sadly one of my Christmas presents was misplaced last month, but today I walked and found this wonderful surprise from my brother!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:21 PM PST

    DQ XII: A male protagonist with a ponytail. Food for thought.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    [TIP] Double Tapping "Y" (Switch) hides the small map allowing for a more immersive experience.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:20 AM PST

    If you tap "Y" twice more you'll get the map back. I don't know if this is meant to be or not but you've gotten tap fast.

    submitted by /u/LHPersona
    [link] [comments]

    How would you rate the postgames of the series?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:32 AM PST

    Postgames have been a staple of Dragon Quest for a long, long time. I believe the tradition started with DQ 5 and they kept it rolling from there, even going as far as to make a postgame in at least 3 and 4's remakes. So how would you rank them? For my list, I'm unsure if 1 or 2 have postgames in their remakes, so since I have not experienced them, I'll be keeping them out. Same goes for DQX, as it is an mmo. Postgame is a relative term there. So, with that said, here we go.

    1. Dragon Quest 5. It's not bad, but it's one fairly small labyrinth and a confrontation with Estaark. That's... Pretty much it. Weakest postgame by far, which is a bit disappointing considering how good this game is.

    2. Dragon Quest 3. The GBC remake has a postgame, but not too much. It's a dungeon you can run repeatedly to obtain new rewards. Pretty fun, but barebones.

    3. Dragon Quest 7. Unpopular opinion: base game is an almost agonizing slog. It takes forever, and I borderline disliked the game. The postgame is top-notch though. Orgodemir might have killed the creator, but it looks like he did a poor job at it. Recruiting the creator to your town and a certain prince into your party again made this a neat one.

    4. Dragon Quest 6. Pretty standard, until you beat the postgame boss fast enough to receive his wish. The beatdown that follows is incredibly satisfying to watch, so it earns top marks.

    5. Dragon Quest 4. The DS remake's postgame utterly spoiled me. You get a new party member who can equip the strongest cursed gear in the game with no consequence at all, and a very engaging arc to enjoy, topping it off with a neat final boss. Really enjoyed it.

    6. Dragon Quest 9. While story takes a bit of a backseat here, content does not. What makes DQ9 so good in postgame is how much there is to do, with grottoes, a couple all new dungeons, and several dlc quests to keep you entertained. But if you didn't get the DLC when it came out, you'll need to unlock it in other ways...

    7. Dragon Quest 8. The Dragovian Arc and Memory Lane are both fantastic additions to an already sprawling game. The Lord of dragons' tests and rewards are all unique and top-notch, and each boss in Memory Lane will test you REALLY well. To date, Memory Lane remains one of the toughest gauntlets in the series.

    8. Best postgame by far is 11, in that it's an entire third act. It's essentially the true ending, setting up DQ3 and onward. There's just so much to do, solid reasons to visit each place in the world yet again. Costumes to collect, ultimate weapons to gather mats and forge... Puts one massive bow on this gem of a game.

    So, what do you all think?

    submitted by /u/Dracon204
    [link] [comments]

    Act 3 Ending of DQ11

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:27 AM PST

    How did you all feel about this ending? I liked it, but I was disappointed they didn't give any closure to the other characters. We could have gotten some shots of Rab rebuilding Dundrasil, Erik going with his sister, Jade with King Carnelian, but we only got the ending with Serena and Veronica.

    Also, the way they showed time travel with Serenica contradicted earlier - they said earlier the time was torn apart and destroyed like it never happened, but suddenly when Serenica does it it's a new timeline (and the Sword didn't break?)

    I liked the bit with Yggdragon and the lore about it being the prequel to DQIII, but the whole ending could have been handled better.

    Unrelated, but, how was Mordegon able to destroy Calasmos' prison in Act 2 when they said only the Luminary could end the Dark One? I mean, why didn't Erdwin's party just destroy the Lantern then?

    submitted by /u/LifeMushroom
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI: I've got questions

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:15 AM PST

    I'm a chunk of the way through, probably around 25 hours and I'm currently at the Academy. I've seen a few spoilers online, and while I know I could just wait it out I don't want to wait for 50+ more hours of content to find out some stuff, so I have questions. I know there's Acts 1, 2 and 3, with 3 being a "true ending" of sorts with some time travel to redo Act 2. I'm a sap and want to prepare myself, can anyone tell me (with minimal spoilers) if everyone in the party is alive at the end? I don't want to lose any of these doofs but if it happens I'd want to know (in a "dog the dog die" kind of way. Not how or when, just if) I'm also curious, after I complete Act 3, can I still access my save? Or is it completely over and done, so that I need to make a new save log? And lastly, I've not played any other DQ games, but apparently this one is a prequel to DQIII, so is the main character of that game a reincarnation of the original luminary and Eleven, Avatar style? And then he goes on the kill the avatar of darkness/evil in that game? I know these questions are difficult to answer with no/minimal spoilers but thank you in advance for any responses! Also I don't know what the formatting is gone a be like since I'm on mobile so sorry about that.

    submitted by /u/DisastrousOriginal
    [link] [comments]

    Any reccomendations for a new guy into the franchise?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:58 AM PST

    I recently finisged "Erdrick Trilogy" and im almost finishing Dragon Quest XI story, which game should i play next? Thanks in advance :P

    submitted by /u/DomZollytus
    [link] [comments]

    Terry's wonderland 3ds

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:08 AM PST

    Hi all, I've just recently started this game. What's the best way to kill metal slime for tons of experience? Have issues killing the little buggers.!

    submitted by /u/cwinners22
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feel like XI for Switch is all grinding ?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:33 AM PST

    DQ 11 2D new game + question

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:25 AM PST

    i know you can use 2d for a new game plus, ive been grinding seeds for this purpose and wanted to know if i use them on my characters will thier stats be there when i meet them in my new game or should i just keep them in my inventory then use them when i meet my party?

    submitted by /u/Hosauce_
    [link] [comments]

    Quality Content

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:54 PM PST

    Dragon quest XI- what’s your favorite lineup and why?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:42 PM PST

    Just wondering what everyone likes to run as a line up because I recently was overjoyed when the previous games came to the switch (1-3,11). What advantages and disadvantages some characters have.

    submitted by /u/BoozeyTheGreat
    [link] [comments]

    (spoilers) Man that final boss left a really bad taste in my mouth

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:08 PM PST

    How am I supposed to know I have to use the super sword of light to weaken calasmos, and why is the supreme sword of light not effective? I mean id give it a pass if it said it anywhere in the game outside of the item description (which by the way, the supreme sword of light also mentions dispelling evil auras yet doesn't have the same effect on calasmos). Still a great game but I wish it was more clear about the sword of light, I was at level 75 and calasmos was still able to kill my mages in one turn even with all the best armor in the game before dispelling the aura.

    Also, is the "Erdrick is actually a title" thing a retcon?

    submitted by /u/Hemmer83
    [link] [comments]

    Some recommendations for someone who never play any game of DQ?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:20 AM PST

    Monthly RPG Marathon - Dragon Warrior - Super Nintendo - Casual Long Play / Speed Run Practice

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Dora in Grey was... disapointing...

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:23 PM PST

    Im in the middle of my first time through Dragon Quest 11, I slightly spoiled myself a few boss, and all the way through, i had heard about that boss, Dora in Grey, how it was supposedly the first boss you had to grind for, an unfair fight, ect. Now just having tried it out, I don't know if i was just lucky, or there's a second phase to the fight (Like a certain midgame boss from DQ 8) But I found her very disapointing, Hero and Jade (Respectively Sword and Spear) completely destroyed her. Did anyone have the same experience with that boss?

    submitted by /u/Real_amethyst8xm
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone remember Blue Dragon?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:11 AM PST

    Relatively new Dragon Quest fan here, Smash Bros and DQ11S-DE to thank.

    During this whole Dragon Quest popularity surge, I was reminded of a video talking about XBOX 360 hidden gems, and in that video , the guy talks about a game called Blue Dragon.

    Blue Dragon is a RPG made exclusively for the XBOX 360, funded by Microsoft to help generate more interest in the XBOX brand in Japan. I admit I haven't played the game myself (yet, anyway, I'll get around to it one day), but I've heard nothing but positive things about it, and it seems to have a lot going for it:

    Akira Toriyama character design

    Nobou Uematsu soundtrack (though from what I've heard, the boss battle music is unbelievably cheesy and I love it)

    Hironobu Sakaguchi story (Final Fantasy 1-12, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG)

    Got pretty good reviews

    It's VERY cheap (I paid £4 for my copy, and it came with all 3 discs)

    Just curious, since I don't see many people talking about it nowadays.

    submitted by /u/thekingweavile
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Warrior GBC glitch?? My warrior lvl 26 had over 150 STR, now only has 36. What could've happened??

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:00 PM PST

    Dragon Quest XI PC Borderless Resolution

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:36 PM PST

    Just purchased the game for the PC and it won't run borderless at resolution 3840x2160 like I want it to. It will run 3840x2160 full screen though..? Anyone else know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/JarlWolfe
    [link] [comments]

    DQ 11 stat caps?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:27 PM PST

    grinding strength seeds and my att is 999 and wont go any higher but my strength stat is at 667, is there any point in raising my strength anymore if my attack doesnt go past 999?

    submitted by /u/Hosauce_
    [link] [comments]

    What to name the character for Dragon Warrior 1 +2 [GBC]

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:10 PM PST

    from what i understand, theres some sorta wack system where the name directly determines stat growth, but I havent found any way to easily figure out what name leads to which stats. Does anyone know any names with good stat growths for both Dragon Warrior 1 and Dragon Warrior 2?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Nikhl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment