• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 23, 2020

    Dragon Quest My first Digital Art!

    Dragon Quest My first Digital Art!


    My first Digital Art!

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Early Post Game Question (SPOILER)

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    after i got timewarped and back to arboria, all my teammates are delevelled. do i need to level them up again before facing mordegon or will they get their level back before that?

    submitted by /u/somekindofsadboy
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please make the slots from DQ11 into like a mobile app? I would play that all day long.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Very nice Erik

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    I want to be excited but-

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Made it to Fremiscrya. Am I in the wrong game? [DQIV]

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    How you can compare DQ11 difficulty to DQ8(ps2 version)?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    I find the difficulty of 8 perfect so I'm wondering if I should put super strong monster or not.

    submitted by /u/aakk20
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys any tips against the gloomnivore

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    The dragon quest XI boss, I can't beat him with his debuffing breath attack

    submitted by /u/InkyBoii
    [link] [comments]

    Final Fantasy was Inspired off Dragon Quest, the first console RPG and series on Famicom, but was it inspired off Ultima? True or False?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Just saw an ignorant documentary on Netflix, no Dragon Quest to be seen or mentioned in the RPG episode they did for this one documentary on there for video games. Final Fantasy was inspired off Dragon Quest as it was the first console RPG on Famicom and it blew up there and made Sakaguchi go "Hey, why don't I make a Role Playing game as my last game, and call it Final Fantasy? As it will be my last game if it fails." And he did and it blew up too.

    The documentary said that Final Fantasy was inspired off Ultima? Is this true? FF was inspired off Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest was inspired off Ultima and Wizardy. But where has anyone said FF is inspired off Ultima too? I wouldn't be suprised as its an influential RPG computer game but is this true or not? I just want to clarify since this bothered me so much, thanks.

    submitted by /u/muddy120
    [link] [comments]

    Ok but why does Dragon Quest have the very best slimes of any video game ever?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    The only fierce competition they have really are the ChuChus from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Amirite?

    submitted by /u/alwaysinreverie
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Finally finished DQXI after nearly 200 hours and I’m just so full of emotions right now

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Finally beat the post game with 100% achievements last night (or rather early this morning). Where do I begin? Easily top 5 RPG for me, right up there with Chrono Trigger, FFVII, etc. Never thought I would enjoy a DQ game more than I did VIII, but this just blows it out of the water. Admittedly, I was initially very underwhelmed by the character design for The Hero this time around (like bland version of Trunks/Android 17), but the story, the characters, and that final ending more than made up for it. And the game play too of course.

    I've played DQ since the beginning ("Dragon Warrior" was my first RPG as a child that I got for free from Nintendo Power). I know the games don't innovate much over the years (intentionally), but this one just felt so fresh and new for some reason. Spent hours on the Fun-size forge alone (including gathering materials). Please God let that become a series regular. The ending though just hit me in the feels hard.

    Finding out that our Hero was actually the OG MOTHER FUCKING ERDRICK/ROTO?!?!?! Absolute chills. To think that the whole time I was actually playing through the backstory for the legendary hero that is the start of all DQ lore. What a pay off. So glad I didn't get spoiled before hand.

    Erdwin and Serenica finally reunited 🥰

    My only gripe was not seeing what happened with everyone after Calasmos besides "Erdrick" and the twins. I assume they all just went back to their respective homes, but even a nod to them in the final end credits would have been nice. Oh well. Sometimes things are best left to the imagination I suppose 🤷‍♂️

    I finally had to subscribe to this sub just to geek out. Why can't this series be more popular in the west? Especially with how popular Dragon Ball still is and Chrono Trigger was, it makes no sense. I know Toriyama is just character design for DQ, but still ... that's a big part of it for me at least (btw ... I was cracking up at Calasmos basically being beefed up Cell with claws and an evil baby face 😂). I really wish I could easily play DQX in the US, especially a translated version. And dying for that rumored DQIII remake now. Going to have to play it on my phone again.

    Anyways, thanks for reading while I rattle on. Can't wait for the next game. I'm really going to miss this one. I know I can always play it again (particularly the Definitive Edition now), but it still just won't be quite the same at the first time 😭😭😭

    submitted by /u/Trevans
    [link] [comments]

    DQ2

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    So I'm playing dq2 on switch and I just got erdricks sword pretty early,I found out that i can also give it to the prince of cannock,will I give it to him or Prince of midenhall? (Midenhall is already pretty strong on his own but cannock is pretty weak,Cannock is in lv 18 and midenhall is in lv 20)

    submitted by /u/random_AA_fan_Backup
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest IX

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    I had lost a short save a while ago, and was curious as to what you guys thought some fun but viable classes are. I don't mind if its a bit harder than going the best class or anything. I wasn't sure if anyone had recommendations. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Miningav2
    [link] [comments]

    Do you prefer Dragon Quest 11 or Dragon Quest 8?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    I’m new to the dragon quest and I wanna know the difference between strength and attack is.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    What's the difference? I have tried looking up answers but I'm still confused

    submitted by /u/Bread_the_god
    [link] [comments]

    Hey y'all first post in this sub please be kind and holy hell

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    Took me many fucking tries to get there and 116 moves but finally beat the Secret Trial today. Bros asleep so I thought I would share it with y'all.

    Also my apologies for breaking rule 7. However in my defense, it was in the 80's and shit was pretty wild back then.

    https://reddit.com/link/iexzkt/video/tgq9gin4yoi51/player

    submitted by /u/asst3rblasster
    [link] [comments]

    Know any good tips to help defeat the...

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    TIMEWYRM?

    submitted by /u/DrWalkar
    [link] [comments]

    DQ XI S 2D Mode Horse Purpose?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    What's the point of the horse in 2D mode? It doesn't seem like I move faster and it doesn't stop monster encounters. Maybe I'm missing something...

    submitted by /u/advoe
    [link] [comments]

    DQ XI: lore question

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    So I saw a post about the game today gushing about how the reveal that the hero is the original Erdrick/loto. I was really confused by this. Is this true? I know erdwin is supposed to be a knockoff erdrick, but I thought that the hero from dq 3 was the original erdrick from one and two?

    submitted by /u/starkilr920
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment