• Breaking News

    Monday, September 21, 2020

    Dragon Quest Mfw I'm waiting for Square Enix to announce a remake of IX

    Dragon Quest Mfw I'm waiting for Square Enix to announce a remake of IX


    Mfw I'm waiting for Square Enix to announce a remake of IX

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    Picked up Dragon Quest XI the Official Artworks from my last trip to Japan earlier this year. Its a really impressive artbook, only shown a few pages here. It covers the Definitive edition too! A must for XI fans. I hope one day we get an English version released too.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Ideas for if Gemma was a playable character in Dragon Quest XI

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    I've been play Dragon Quest 11 pretty much non stop hot the past week, and I'm in love with the game!

    But I've learned that Gemma never becomes a party member, and that honestly shocked me. The developers did an excellent job establishing Gemma and the Luminary's relationship at the beginning, and it felt like they were setting up for an eventual heartfelt reunion where she reunites with her childhood friend and joins the Luminary on his quest.

    Instead she just stays and NPC...

    So I got to thinking, if Gemma was playable what what she play like?

    Immediately, one way to make Gemma stand out in the party is to give her access to a weapon type currently missing from Dragon Quest XI, bows. I envision Gemma being able to wield three types of weapons, bows, whips, and spears, all two handed weapons, and her unique skill tree would be called Cheer.

    I imagine most of Gemma's spells and abilities would focus on buffing the party and debuffing enemies with some healing. Her unique Cheer skill branch would also give an ability called Pep Cheer, allowing her to send a single party member into a pepped state, similar to the Luminary's Pep-Up ability. Another unique ability for her, likely a mystery panel ability, would be Shield Wield; it would allow Gemma to equip a shield while wielding a two handed weapon.

    Stat wise, I think Gemma would be a rather squishy but agile party member that would allow her to go first or second most of the time to make use of her buffs at the beginning of the fight.

    That's all I have so far, I'd love to hear your ideas for Gemma as a party member.

    submitted by /u/xpegasus12
    [link] [comments]

    After watching Dragon Quest your story on Netflix is it worth getting Dragon Quest V?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    Please no spoilers of the game even though I basically spoiled it with the movie. Is the game still going to be as enjoyable after having watched the movie? I just bought it for 80 dollars on amazon because those games are only going up in price. I just recently discovered my obsession with dragon quest as well.

    submitted by /u/sadnodad
    [link] [comments]

    If a character die in the midle of an battle, it gain xp at the end of the battle?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Why am I like this

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    This is quite familiar....

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    used the new ios update to the best of my ability

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    dragon quest 11 definitive edition for xbox one

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    im so looking forward to it when it comes out i cant wait

    submitted by /u/acorymuss
    [link] [comments]

    Lego dragon quest

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Make it happen

    submitted by /u/Random_AA_Fan
    [link] [comments]

    [DQ11] Look at how they massacred my boy

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Does anyone have that cool church jingle extended?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    Does an extended version of the dq11 church jingle you hear when you save? If so could you link it to me?

    submitted by /u/reeeeoficial
    [link] [comments]

    my team DQ 5 team is growing nicely

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Rocket Slime - A Modern Masterpiece

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    [DQXI] [SPOILERS] Marrying in DQXI PC Version

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I'm almost at the post game and just finished three trials from Drustan. I see that one of the wishes is to be able to Marry Gemma. But I certainly wouldn't want to because I feel the character development for her and the MC in terms my actual gameplay experience is far inferior than that of what the MC has experienced with the other female characters (or even male characters) in the game.

    Question is, in the PC version - is there an option to marry someone else aside from Gemma?

    submitted by /u/rabintoy
    [link] [comments]

    [DQXIS] A few questions about the Act III Timeline

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    First off, I'd like to say that DQXIS was my very first Dragon Quest game, and I defeated the true final boss earlier this summer. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent with the game, and I'm very glad that the Hero's reveal in Smash Ultimate led me to check this game out.

    That said, I had a few questions about the final act's story that I thought were left unanswered. I don't think any of these totally undermine the story, but I would like to get some closure on these events as they happened.

    1) What really happened to the Act II versions of the Luminary's companions?

    We know that at the start of Act III, when the Luminary/Eleven and his crew reach the Tower of Lost Time and meet the Timekeeper, they learn that the only way to bring Veronica back to life is to go back in time and stop her from ever sacrificing herself to save the others from Mordegon. However, Eleven is the only one who can time travel because only he can wield the Sword of Light to break Time's Sphere. In addition, time travel is a one-way trip – once Eleven went back, he could never return to the present. But at the end of Act III, when the true final boss is defeated, Eleven and his past companions go back to the Tower, and he reverts the Timekeeper back into Serenica. Then, he gives Serenica his Mark of Light and the Super Sword of Light so she can properly travel back in time to when Erdwin was still alive and reunite with him.

    When Eleven traveled back in time, we assumed that the Act II timeline was completely undone, and that the Act II versions of his companions ceased to exist. However, when Serenica travels back in time, the Act III timeline still goes on as normal. Eleven and his Act III companions don't just suddenly disappear into thin air. Can we assume that this happened with the Act II versions of Eleven's friends, and that they are all still alive? If that's true, then they just have to keep living their lives without Eleven, right?

    2) How did Calasmos travel back in time with Eleven?

    The Timekeeper stated that only the Luminary could time travel. However, when Eleven and his Act II friends enter the Tower of Lost Time for the first time, we see the black Tockle sneak into the Tower after them. Then in Act III, the black Tockle twice stops the Mordegon-possessed King Carnelian from snatching the Sword of Light from Eleven. When Mordegon is defeated and is about to die, he sees the black Tockle emerging from the ground next to Eleven's feet and realizes that Eleven time traveled to defeat him. Mordegon accepts his fate and says: "But do not think… that you are the only one who has… defied the flow of time…" Lastly, when the black Tockle resummons Erdwin's Lantern and revives himself following Mordegon's death, he states that "in another place and time, Mordegon destroyed me".

    This means that the black Tockle hitched a ride with Eleven when he time traveled back to before Yggdrasil's fall. But what allowed it to do so? The black Tockle doesn't have the Mark of Light or the Sword of Light. Do we just assume that its power is equal to that of the Luminary's, but with darkness instead of light, and that allowed it to time travel as well? I'm not sure what to make of that.

    Moreover, how did Calasmos become a black Tockle in the first place? We know that after Morcant betrayed and killed Erdwin, Serenica and Drustan sealed Calasmos's body into a star and banished it to the sky, which became Erdwin's Lantern. Was Calasmos able to voluntarily separate his spirit from his body just like Drustan did, or was it just a side effect of Morcant absorbing Calasmos's dark powers?

    3) What happened to the Luminary's past self?

    When Eleven time travels, he ends up in Arboria in the time right before he and his crew go to the First Forest and arrive at Yggdrasil. When he runs into Veronica at the cathedral, his other friends join him; they all say they couldn't find Eleven anywhere and that he just disappeared without a trace. Then they decide that it's not important, and it's never brought up again. Does this mean that Act I Eleven, who was already living in that timeline, just vanished and ceased to exist when Act III Eleven time traveled? I suppose that would avoid any time paradox issues of two versions of the same character running into each other, but that is pretty dark if it's true.

    We could then assume that Serenica's past self from when Erdwin was still alive also ceased to exist once she travels back in time at the very end of the game, right? That's a scary thought – you're just going about your day, but then you suddenly vanish and stop existing because your future self decided to go back in time. It wouldn't be very interesting or fun if all time travel stories worked like that.


    Again, I absolutely enjoyed this game from start to finish, and none of these questions hamper my enjoyment of the story as a whole. Time travel is always a tricky thing to implement in fictional stories, because you have to establish certain rules and stick to them to maintain consistency and avoid plot holes. I do think it sucks that the story progression and character development from Act II was permanently lost, but I don't totally mind it because it stays consistent with the game's theme of heavy long-term consequences – they're not going to just let you get your perfect happy ending for free.

    What do you think? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Sirius_G
    [link] [comments]

    Question about dragon quest 9

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    So I have a question about my favorite entry in the series. How tf do people have som many hours in the damn game. The last time I played the game I was fairly young and I didn't know what to do after I completed the story. Could somebody explain to me how much content there in after you complete the main storyline.

    submitted by /u/twistedhippo
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if dragon quest 11 has new game plus? I have the echoes of an elusive age one on Nintendo switch.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment