• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 30, 2021

    Dragon Quest Hmm... the luminary tastes like popsicles...

    Dragon Quest Hmm... the luminary tastes like popsicles...


    Hmm... the luminary tastes like popsicles...

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    Party Members but Awesome!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    Dragon quest 6 is finished! It was an alright adventure. Not my cup of tea but I am glad some people can love it. The zenith trilogy is over for me.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 02:25 AM PDT

    the pre-DragonQuest

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    Hello,
    I am fairly new to the series (my first DQ game was XI in 2020) and now I realized why I like the series so much: one word: Wizardry. I enjoyed Wizardry 7 when I was on high school in the 90s and it took me cca a year to finish it even with a walkthrough from a local computer game magazine.
    It's the good turn-based combat system which is common for both series I like so much: and I even noticed somewhere that DQ I was inspired with the Wizardry series in the beginning.
    I was also playing Wizardry 8, but then I switched my desktop to Linux for scripting and security reasons and that is why I play games on consoles and why I stumbled upod Dragon Quest series...
    I hope this post isn't too OT for this sub.

    submitted by /u/danielsoft1
    [link] [comments]

    Got my hand in this beauty

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    Hand made this goo-d boy with salt dough. Painted with acrylics and sealed with transparent spray finish. <:))

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    My 2021 Project: Playing the Dragon Quest series for the first time!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:15 PM PDT

    As a self-professed RPG connoisseur, it has always been my secret shame that I had not played a single game in the Dragon Quest series. I've played dozens of Final Fantasies (some multiple times), every Kingdom Hearts game, EarthBound and Mother 3, Chrono Trigger, Shadow Hearts 1 & 2, and many others, but nary a single Dragon Quest. Well, 2021 is the year I change that.

    I have now completed the so-called "Erdrick Trilogy", comprised of the first three games in the series, and have offered some thoughts below, for anyone who's interested. It's already July, so it's looking like my project will probably spill into 2022, but I intend to play at least the numbered Dragon Quests (except X, which is a Japan-only MMORPG). Wish me luck!

    Disclaimer: for the record, for the following three games, I am playing English fan translations of the Super Famicom versions of DQ 1-3.

    Dragon Quest

    A quaint look at very early RPG design. This is basically the daddy of the genre on consoles. Quite short, less than ten hours, but needing a fair amount of level grinding in order to succeed. Graphics are colorful and fun, sprite work is about Final Fantasy IV quality. Gameplay incredibly basic, story nearly non-existent, but a fun game for all that. Amazing how well it represents the genre, actually, even after all these years.

    Short and sweet, perfect for a weekend of nostalgia, 7.5/10

    Dragon Quest II

    Graphics and gameplay more or less identical to DQ1, save that you now have three party members instead of just one playable character. Well, I say three, but the Prince of Cannock is pretty much always dead. Considerable spike in difficulty over the first game. Balance is all off, necessitating a veritable mountain of grinding. Seriously, it's like grind 4 hours to progress the story 15 minutes. Not so bad, for all that, but definitely a step back from the brevity of the first game. Map is probably 3-4x as big, so a lot to explore, but still barebones story lacks old-school charm of DQ1 and feels like a slog.

    Slow and arduous, take your time, a labor of love for the genre if you can stand it. 5/10

    Dragon Quest III

    Unlike the first two on SFC, which were bundled on the same cartridge, this one came out much later in the SFC lifecycle, so it's a huge and immediate upgrade in visuals, including actual enemy attack animations! In a SNES game!

    Actually a huge upgrade everywhere, IMO. Gameplay is great, with a primitive job system and a surprisingly elaborate (for the time) personality system for your party members that affects stat growth. Story is actually somewhat fleshed out now, with some decent NPCs and history. Combat is the same as ever, but the balance is much better. Still a fair amount of grinding needed, but it doesn't seem to take as long, and growth actually feels rewarding. Tricky boss fights, though. Choose your party well. Actual postgame content as well, with a story epilogue.

    For the first time, this feels less like it's leading towards something good, and more like it actually is something good. Honestly, a great starting point for new players of the series, if you don't like the ancient feel of DQ 1 & 2. 8.5/10

    submitted by /u/corran450
    [link] [comments]

    After doing just about everything it had to offer, I can now say that that was one hell of a game

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    Do you think I should make my mage and priest a Sage?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    Goodbye Dragon Quest of the Stars

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    I haven't seen anyone else talk about how today is the last day for Dragon Quest of the Stars. It makes me sad that after one year this game is ending when I thought I would be able to play this game for many years. I know many people didn't like the game and thought it required a lot of money but I never felt that. I never bought anything, and when I finally had a job I thought of just buying the gold pass to support the game. But it was too late. The story was really great in my opinion Cyril has quickly become my favorite companion next to Stella I will miss his remarks on what would happen in the story. I will miss Gramps and how he is basically every girl's lover lol. This game really felt like a true Dragon Quest game with a whole planet to discover. I will miss everyone in planet Brullia. I hope to see them again one day.

    submitted by /u/DiegoAR95
    [link] [comments]

    Found some gems while cleaning my childhood room. I have something to look forward to this weekend.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    Roulette side-quest

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    It's the last side quest I need to do and I've had no luck getting a Jackpot. The bunny girl only says to not be a stranger, nothing about winning chances. Just trying to get the quest done, not token farming. Tips welcome if there's a strategy or specific table.

    submitted by /u/Zac_Wolfe
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Repro DS Cases

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    Heya! I got a loose copy of DQIV and was hoping to display it in my collection a little more prominently than the DS cart by itself. Anyone know of a reputable place online to get reproduction cases?

    submitted by /u/SethManhammer
    [link] [comments]

    He escaped my jail cell.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    Dragon quest xi on xbox audio question

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    They give you the option to use dragon quest xi soundtrack or switch to dragonquest 8 soundtrack out of battle. My question is does this effect say music in towns ,dungeons ect. Im not fond of the xi theme,but by god is the viii theme gorgeous. This is the first dragon quest iv played since dragon warrior in 1988 i believe

    submitted by /u/rommie30
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Builders 2 crossplay?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    Does Dragon Quest builders 2 have crossplay multiplayer with switch and steam by any chance?

    submitted by /u/TheDiamondSh4rk
    [link] [comments]

    A (i think) bug on DQXI

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    So i was playing when i realized my costumes no longer change when i put them on, i don't mean that i can't equip it, i mean It literally, i just looks like the defoult costume. Is this an option i turnes off accidentally or just a bug?

    submitted by /u/fabio_silviu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment