• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 22, 2020

    Dragon Quest Seems kinda familiar...

    Dragon Quest Seems kinda familiar...


    Seems kinda familiar...

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    DQ9 Post-Game

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Hey folks!

    Just finished the main story of DQ9 (nine games down, one to go!) and wondering if there's much to see story-wise if I stick around in the post-game, or any quests in particular I should do? I'm definitely going to do Quest 39 and visit any locations I haven't seen yet, but I'm sort of looking forward to 11 now haha

    I do not have any DLC, so it would just be vanilla game :)

    submitted by /u/tabstis
    [link] [comments]

    Act 3 really isn't that bad? (obvious DQXI spoilers)

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Doing a second run of DQXI and honestly... I don't get why I hated act 3 so much before.

    I remember distinctly hating how the character development was "thrown away/half assed" (rip Serena) but I don't care about sacrificing it since you're basically saving thousands (including Ronnie) and finally putting Calasmos in his place.

    Act 3 is probably my favorite act now, and I won't say it's the best act (it's not, imo), but it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

    Anyone else feel the same?

    Edit: Also finding out about Erdwin and Morcant, and the giant Calasmos battle genuinely makes up for it, at least for me. I loved act 3, tbh.


    [link] [comments]

    Beat DQ IV today

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I put a couple of plush slimes on a scanner then edited them. Not sure why.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Hmm, I wonder why I might be an expert on singin'

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Which numbered score would you give to DQXI?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Just curious to see how it's regarded in the sub.

    Reminder: this is subjective and people can disagree!

    Personally, I think it's a solid 6. It repeats assets more than I was expecting, didn't have any novel narrative concepts and some weird writing. For me, the game was at its best showing new things to the player and at its worse going back in time, having weird mechanics (marriage through wish) and repeating locations and monsters

    I'm happy it sold well but I can only see it as a step backwards for the franchise mechanically speaking

    EDIT: Hey guys, comment your reviews if you can! I'd like to read your reasons =] Also, upvote so it can stay up for more people to see =]

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/GeminiMonkeys
    [link] [comments]

    Well, then.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Where in the luminary trail do you find metal king slimes?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    So the Dai op dropped yesterday. Any thoughts?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Best party members in terms of character and party chat in Dragon Quest VI?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Hey y'all,

    Nearing the end of DQXI and I've been thinking I might re-play DQVI. I played up until a few hours after Alltrades Abbey but then my computer died. I've got the DS version with party chat so really wondering which party members are the best to use in terms of party chat and character traits? I know DQVI is a bit more light on character and story, but still wondering which characters basically have the most 'character' and best party chat lines. I also know every character you can get in the game so no need to worry about spoilers in that regard, but I'd prefer not spoiling later parts of the game if possible. I like the idea of using Terry, but not sure how well developed he is in this game. Thanks y'all.

    submitted by /u/BlackNinjas
    [link] [comments]

    DQ XI Music, does it change/why so repetitive.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I am playing through the PS4 version and it is okay so far but the worst aspect so far has been the music. The exploration, fight and town music have been ALL the same no matter the area, and most music tracks are reused for cutscenes. It drives me insane, it makes me want to rush through the game and skip fights because of the repetitive soundtrack.

    Does it change up at all during the course of the game? I am about to arrive into Zwaadrust region/part of the story and I am about to mute the music and just have something else playing in the background.

    submitted by /u/MysteriousB
    [link] [comments]

    Best DQ Game to start with?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    I hear they're pretty good, And don't know which to start with. I hear 11 is the best but which is a great starter?

    submitted by /u/OceanWaves914
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone expect Dragon Quest XI Switch price to be lowered to the Xbox Versions price?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Xbox version will be $40 and have the same content as the Switch version and it comes out in December and will be free on gamepass

    submitted by /u/LordZeroRoze
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment