• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Dragon Quest Sakurai (Smash Bros. Director) showcasing some of his Dragon Quest Builders 2 creations

    Dragon Quest Sakurai (Smash Bros. Director) showcasing some of his Dragon Quest Builders 2 creations


    Sakurai (Smash Bros. Director) showcasing some of his Dragon Quest Builders 2 creations

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    Thought I’d share my Dragon Quest collection! It’s a bit crowded on this shelf!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Sofia is better than Solo don’t @me

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    The first episode of Dai was pretty good

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Any tips for grinding? As i did: Martial artist to priest to warrior. Warrior to priest to martial artist. And finally priest to mage to sage

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    I’m just doing some grinding while watching YouTube and then all of a sudden the music cuts, the game crashes, and it says wolflord looks happy. Help?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    First Time Playing DQXI and ALL Draconians Enabled (Switch)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Hey guys, just want to let you know that I am playing Dragon Quest XI for the first time and have every Draconian Quest enabled.

    I have never played any DQ before, therefore everything feels fresh. I played the demo version and liked it and since it has been at a discount in my region I couldn't help and just get it.

    I chose to enable all the Draconian Quests because I really enjoy challenges in RPGs and I can't stand finishing a game if I know there are harder difficulty settings (unless it involves Hardcore/Ironman modes like XCOM).

    Currently I am grinding a bit for the Octopus attacking the ship. And most of the bosses turned out to be some bottlenecks for my progress. I guess the Kingsbarrow Gryhon's had been the hardest challenge, especially since you have to go through half of the dungeon if you screw up.

    Many bosses and even most random encounters turn out to be quite challenging and luck dependent but since I have a party of 7 it turned out to be a lot easier as I switch out Main Character to prevent one hit losses. My current strategy for grinding is Erik, Rab, Jade and Sylvando since they have the most HP (except for MC who is off party). I usually spend 1-2 turns buffing Jade and Erik (and debuffing enemies) and then nuking them with OP melee attacks while Sylvando and Rab heal and cleanse the party. I also need to have the best +3 Weapons available.

    The challenge is really enjoyable and it feels very satisfying to finally complete a boss after 3-20 tries. I just wish they had the enemies hit even harder if I could take some more Armor in return because it would be much more fun to customize my gear instead of just taking the strongest weapon available.

    Besides that I don't think I am the biggest fan of DQ art design and story building (I actually hate silent protagonists) but the gameplay is kinda cool and I didn't expect that much of a depth to the battle systems, because I have to take so many meaningful decisions like: do I switch this guy out? do I risk buffing a turn or better heal some other guy of the party? should I use some status on the eniemes?

    Sorry for bad English, not my native language.

    submitted by /u/userposter
    [link] [comments]

    Having finished both dragon quest 12 and 5 I can say that, without a doubt, dragon quest is my favorite videogame series

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    This series is so full of charm. The artstyle is great. The combat is good. The story of 5 had me crying at parts the music is amazing. This series has everything Edit: I forgot to mention that at the time of this post I am already 40 levels in into dragon quest 8 3ds but I decided to start dragon quest 6 for some reasom

    submitted by /u/not_me_agaib
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Dragon Quest 8 on 3DS so much more expensive than DQ7?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    What am I doing wrong

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    Every single fight I have the opponent seems to get an unlimited number of goes in a row. Am I doing something wrong or is it just the designers stupid method of increasing difficulty

    Doesn't make it fun, just takes the skill out of it when the enemy gets 5 attacks on the bounce so you can't actually control anything

    submitted by /u/Maladict26
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know where I can watch deagon quest: Abeel Yushaa? Can't find it anywhere

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Women/LGBTQ+ Dragon Quests Players say I

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    What is everyone's favourite dragon quest game?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    I'm relatively new to the dragon quest genre having only played 9, 11 and builders but I think my favourite has to be Dragon Quest 9.

    submitted by /u/RedLucan
    [link] [comments]

    Beat I and II a while ago and I'm finally getting around to playing III

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Switch version worth starting over?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    So I pretty much played half of DQXI (I guess) on the PS4 but I recently got a Switch and for a good 3 months I'll probably be all about the Switch. I'd like to know if the Switch version is worthy of starting the game again and playing the same 50 hours.

    It's a dilemma for me because I want to keep playing DQ but I also want to enjoy the Switch and it's portable functions..

    submitted by /u/thalandhor
    [link] [comments]

    Any chance Dragon Quest XI S is going to be discounted for people who already own Dragon Quest XI on the same digital platform?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    I'm particularly interested in Steam. Skyrim released its special edition free to anybody who owned Skyrim and all the DLC. THQ Nordic released Kingdoms of Amalur Rereckoning at half price on Steam for anybody who owned Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning on Steam since it was a remaster of the same game.

    Dragon Quest XI S is Dragon Quest XI with some added content, some Quality of Life additions, and a new game mode. Seems like they ought to either offer the game discounted to people who already have it or offer the additions as a DLC for people who already have the original game.

    Basically I'd rather not have to pay full price for a game a second time. I'd be up for a second playthrough of DQ11, but I didn't enjoy DQ11 so incredibly much that I want to pay full price twice for the game.

    submitted by /u/Quail_Winter
    [link] [comments]

    DQXI JP Dialogue Script? -- Retranslation Project

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Some months ago, a few collaborators of mine had started on a retranslation of Dragon Quest XI with the goal of matching the Japanese names more closely. It turned out to be quite the enlightening endeavor, there's so much that they changed when localizing the game!

    Not long after we had started, the Definitive Edition (re-)release was announced for PC, so we ended up shelving it for the time being, since we would be able to pair it with the JP voices in the new release to make everything match up.

    We've been looking for a dump of the JP text, or another resource we'd be able to use to get the cutscene dialogue specifically. Feel free to check it out -- any help would be greatly appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/1ShrubBehindTheBush
    [link] [comments]

    Added a new Hero to the small collection. #amiibo #DQXI #DQVIII

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    [DQXI:SE - Act 3] Occurred to me a bit late that if Strength determines damage without weapon stats in the mix, then I miiiight not have needed this many Seeds of Strength.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    DQ 11: Anyone did side quest "My Kingdom for Kanalaomari" in post game?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    It's been some time since I played the game but I remember I could not finish this side quest in post game. The problem was that in post game the names and look of most monsters change. You have to do the quest with the octopus called "Tentacular" but there is no monster with that name in post game as all octopuses have other names then. I did everything right, tried it more than 10 times but it did not work. It seems the game simply does not recognize it because it's the "wrong" monster.

    Can anyone confirm that?

    submitted by /u/SyntacsAiror
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Quest Souls like game (Idea)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I just had an idea pop into my head, I was thinking it would really cool if they made a Dragon Quest game that was like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. Just thought it would be a cool idea to share. Let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/YummADeeDooo
    [link] [comments]

    How should I approach Dragon Quest I?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    I'm 12 and I've always wanted to try the DQ series, so I got DQ1 for switch. I was wondering how I should play it (note that I tend to get lost easily in RPGs) 100%, no guide, With a guide

    submitted by /u/StinkoofTheCringe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment