• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 17, 2021

    Dragon Quest I tried to create a Boss Theme for Dragon Quest III since the game does not have one (I'm not counting Baramos Theme). Let me know what you think about it! :)

    Dragon Quest I tried to create a Boss Theme for Dragon Quest III since the game does not have one (I'm not counting Baramos Theme). Let me know what you think about it! :)


    I tried to create a Boss Theme for Dragon Quest III since the game does not have one (I'm not counting Baramos Theme). Let me know what you think about it! :)

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    I did it, i’m so proud of myself.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    The Luminary arrived today.(Nendoroid)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    DQ9 out of bounds is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see it in VR!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    Sometimes you just got to look up at the stars and take a breather

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 06:43 PM PDT

    Is this video using the actual Terry's Wonderland 3D fan translation? [Optional boss SPOILERS]

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/VgGeG2ItAeM?t=1055 (I've linked the proper time)

    'All 10 students were saved from the Orochi in the mountains.'

    I really, really hope this guy just found some way to use Google Translate, or is running is a super early version of the fan translation or something, because that's some of the worst translation work I've ever seen.

    https://youtu.be/Hrs1AoA6h_Q?t=1618

    The Japanese line, which you can see at the time I've linked, is 「やまたのおろちは 10個のひとみを うるませ 仲間になりたそうに こちらを見ている。」

    'Yamata no Orochi is looking this way with ten teary eyes, as if it wants to join you.'

    I can at least identify how this might have happened - ひとみ, which means 'eyes' here, usually means 'pupils' (as in the part of the eye), and while there isn't a double meaning in Japanese, 'pupil' does sometimes mean 'student' in English. The fact that the word used for 'ten' here, 10個, never refers to people, should have been a clue, though.

    The mountains part - 'Yamata no Orochi' is the creature's name, but perhaps the 'yama' part was misidentified as mountain. I have absolutely no idea where 'saved' comes from though.

    I really, really hope this isn't from the actual fan translation.

    submitted by /u/TheCheeseOfYesterday
    [link] [comments]

    NPC Defeats Softlock

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    Whenever I got Harry back after the ten year timeskip and went to Coburg Castle, I had realized I didn't pick up the wagon so I could start recruiting monsters. I went to the town that sold the wagon and decided I wanted to see Maria. She is a nun at a church south of the wagon town (I can't remember the name).

    Anyways, I went there after buying the wagon to see her and to speak to all the npcs at night time. I spoke to another nun by an organ, and it started a cutscene where I could take Maria to help with the main storyline. I agreed, and she joined me on my adventure. However, I couldn't move my character at all or press any buttons. All three of my character's idle animations weren't playing either.

    I reloaded my save file to figure out what went wrong. I even searched on Google and couldn't figure out what was wrong or what caused it. Eventually, I got off for the night.

    Tonight, I decided to try again. The same result kept happening. I roamed around a bit outside to see if the time of day had anything to do with the issue. I went back to the cathedral at daytime with high hopes, but still nothing. I got frustrated and looked at discord while I was in my softlocked state.

    While I did so, a little girl moving up and down bumped my character. I looked up and saw that the idle animations were playing again, and I could move. The NPC single handedly saved my first playthrough of Dragon Quest V. I don't even know if doing this was required or not.

    I'm still not sure what caused the softlock.

    TL;DR- An npc touched my character while I was stuck and softlocked, allowing me to move.

    submitted by /u/AHarmlessAnt
    [link] [comments]

    Spicy take: DQ3 on Switch is visually disappointing

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:09 AM PDT

    Man, I'm an idiot for not doing my due diligence and researching this game more thoroughly before purchasing it from the eshop. I was hoping it would more or less be a straight port of the SNES remake of DQ3, maybe with a few quality of life improvements.

    Turns out that like every other major game company, Squeenix cannot just leave their old IPs visually intact and feel the need to overhaul what simply doesn't need overhauling. Gone are the beautiful pixelated monster sprites with their gorgeous attack animations, replaced by tacky-ass static illustrations that look like something from a newgrounds flash game.

    The character sprites are a little better, but these have those weird pencil-thin edges that don't grid properly with the backgrounds (which, in all fairness, look great in this port). Honestly, I can't understand why game companies feel the need to fuck with their already perfect creations like this.

    They clearly feel these properties are too antiquated-looking to sell to a modern audience, but that logic makes no sense. If you're playing a 25 year old game then presumably it's because you want a retro experience. If you don't like 16-bit monsters and old-school blocky text interfaces, why would you give a crap about Dragon Quest 3 in the first place?

    I know I'm probably in the minority with this take, and if you like the way DQ3 looks then fair play to you. But whoever decided to do the port like this can kiss my everloving nuts. That goes for whoever did the art direction for Grandia HD, while we're on the subject. Leave my beloved pixel aesthetics alone!!!

    tl;dr - I don't like the way DQ3 looks and I'm crying about it because that's what Reddit is for

    submitted by /u/neodecadent
    [link] [comments]

    999 Attack!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    If I continue to raise my strength after I reach 999 Attack w/ weapons will it affect my damage?

    submitted by /u/Phantasy___Star
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on my first time playing Dragon Quest, from last year. I like to do informal write-ups for JRPGs I play

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    How do I see my DQ11 difficulty settings?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Last time I played was months ago and since I'm already 10 hours in and know what to do I just want to check my settings instead pf restarting.

    submitted by /u/moKillaFirefox
    [link] [comments]

    The one and only reason you should play DQX: Blobfish

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    can you envenomate/poison the [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS]

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 08:23 PM PDT

    can you envenomate/poison the end of time secret boss with cobra strike? because if not my whole strategy is out the window

    submitted by /u/ZachMannIkea
    [link] [comments]

    Uber Falcon balsa help

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    What is the easiest way to make meteorite bracers, I'm trying to make the uber falcon blade

    submitted by /u/HeroOnFire
    [link] [comments]

    How do i get steel broadswords and iron armours faster in Chapter 3?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    I am at the end of chapter 3, and i have to give 6x steel broadsword and 6x iron armour to the king. I already got 3 each by fighting enemies, but it's just too slow. Is there a faster way to do that?

    submitted by /u/joaonitro
    [link] [comments]

    DQX Spoilers: I like the way they incorporated this past boss. See if you can guess who it is!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    Act 3 motivation

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    So I absolutely love Dragon Quest XI. It's my first DQ and I'm soon planning to dive into the older titles, there's just one big problem... I can't stand act 3. It just kicks all the weight off of the whole previous game and I just can't find the motivation to continue...The party lost all their development and Veronica was resurrected which just killed all the impact it had. The world is back to it's generic state with nothing changing. At least at the end of act 2 it felt nice to just wander about in a world you just saved from a state of constant misery

    TL;DR: I really wanna finish DQ11 but I just can't find the motivation...Any tips or own experiences would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Cherry-Hunt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment