• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 5, 2021

    Dragon Quest (OC) My best girl Serena 💚

    Dragon Quest (OC) My best girl Serena ��


    (OC) My best girl Serena ��

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Complete Game Boy Color Dragon Warrior Collection

    Posted: 04 May 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    Dragon Quest VII is something else.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    I've been slowly working my way through Dragon Quest VII, and I'm taken aback about how mature the different short stories are. I'm up to Buccanham, and it's so striking how fantastical yet grounded the storyline is. I can imagine how hard it would be to give birth to your child for it only to be essentially kidnapped and possibly murdered by a wicked person. It reminds me of the book of Exodus or Luke where Pharaoh and King Herod respectively and systematically hunted down newborn boys to prevent the rise of Israel's savior during each time.

    So far, in terms of the quality of the story and characters, DQ7 is probably my favorite at the moment. The short stories have a lot of believability and emotion. They have fantastical elements, but they largely serve as framing devices instead of the typical and trivial Shonen you find in most JRPGs. My favorite ones have been all of them: Regenstein, Faraday, Alltrades Abbey, Greenthumb Gardens, Al-Balad, El Ciclo, Wetlock, Providence, Hubble, and Vovograd.

    I would compare this almost to One Piece in terms of how the plot grows and pays off. And if each island or set of islands had their own game, you could compare it to the Trails series. Given that the game came out in August 2000, that's really something.

    Have you played through Dragon Quest VII? What did you think of the short story format? Did you have a particular favorite story? How do you think the game handled the storytelling combined with the game play?

    submitted by /u/jonospark
    [link] [comments]

    I couldn't resist :b

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    In the latest expansion of DQX, you actually turn into a demon! Want to play DQX for yourself? You can download the free trial now on PC and Switch! It's super easy to play!

    Posted: 04 May 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    Closest game to Dragon Quest Monsters Joker

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    Hei forum! The Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 1-3 are my favourite game ever. Nothing came close. Ive played every one of them multiple times. Now Ive been looking for years to find a game that comes close to those. Does anyone of you know a game that is very simmilar to DQMJ? I would love to find other game like them! Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/Sirkehu
    [link] [comments]

    First Impression of DQ VIII

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    I've been playing through the series for the first time and did them in chronological order. By the time I had finished VII I needed a break from the series and played some other stuff.

    Finally came back to finish out the final 3 games and man am I impressed. Just finished the second the boss and can already tell this'll probably be my favorite. I've enjoyed seeing the progression in the games but it feels like VIII really took things to a new level.

    Any non-spoiler tips to maximize my first time through?

    submitted by /u/Soarin-Flyin
    [link] [comments]

    35th Anniversary

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    Im hoping that some good dragon quest content gets announced this month. Are there any rumours as to what will be announced or if there'll be an announcement this month? I personally want dragon quest 9 for the switch but don't see that happening. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Dragonquestfan69
    [link] [comments]

    Demon Crono (and a Tockle)

    Posted: 04 May 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    All costumes from dq11

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    I want to complete the game to 100% but I'm missing at least two costumes from Jade. Something in red and the blue bunnie outfit. I searched in the Internet but it wasnt clear. Im playing the S version on Ps4. I thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/TyplDypl
    [link] [comments]

    DQ2 Mobile Port Bugs

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Slowly making my way through different games in the series, I've played 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, and 11 ( only finished 1, beat it twice in 2 days, got to act 3 in 11 and restarted twice, and got a decent bit into the other games, I'll probably stop bouncing around and finish them all in order though).

    DQ2 is quickly becoming one of my favorites in the series, it's slightly more complex than 1 but is still a super fun and simple "explore n grind", which makes the bugs on iOS suck that much more.

    So let's get into the bugs I encountered:

    1. Defeated enemies can sometimes still attack if you haven't defeated the entire group of enemies (!!!)

    2. Unlocking the Zoom spell let's you Zoom to Tantegel without ever visiting there before

    3. The Evac spell doesn't work in some parts of dungeons but still uses up MP

    I usually wouldn't post about bugs like these but they lead to some close calls and DQ2 is the only port that seems to have bugs like this.

    Minor spoilers ahead, but here's the story of how the bugs affected my experience if you're interested:

    When I play the older games I usually get pretty lost and thus a bit overleveled. I was on my way to get the Windbraker and entered the tower with little trouble. However, I got pretty lost in there.

    I'm a bit overpowered, so I'm not running from battles but I'm slowly burning through my MP healing my party.

    After I've finally figured out the layout of the dungeon, and after I got the Windbraker, it happened. I come up against 3 dirty rats, monsters that can do some decent damage to me. Hero one shots one, Prince uses Sizz on the other two, and Princess uses Woosh on the other two, but they're left alive.

    I use regular attacks the next turn but this turn the dirty rats outspeed my party! Hero takes a hit. "Okay, not a big deal." Hero takes ANOTHER hit. "Oh crap I should heal after this battle." Hero takes yet ANOTHER hit and goes down. "Waittttt a second." The hired help defeats the last two rats next turn and I'm left scratching my head.

    "Oh well, whatever" I press on to the top of the tower and get the prayer ring which absolutely saved my bacon. I tried to immediately Evac after I picked it up but… it doesn't work. AND I've used the last of my MP trying to escape! "Welp…"

    I decide to equip Prince with the best gear I can from Hero, and in the process I see the prayer rings effect. It restores MP! I'm saved! I use it, heal up, and use it again on both Prince and Princess ( which in hindsight was pretty redundant ). I find a spot in the dungeon where I can Evac and Zoom my way outta there to Tantegel.

    I resurrect Hero, upgrade some gear, and leave town, getting hopelessly lost and fighting monsters I shouldn't be going up against yet because I'm overleveled and got advanced gear for the part of the game I'm at.

    And that's the point where I went online, skipping through let's plays and checking this sub and forums to figure out what's going lol

    TLDR: DQ2 has some bugs on iOS that I hope eventually get fixed. I still support and endorse the mobile ports because this is my first time experiencing any problems ( besides the wonky camera in 8 ), and they didn't screw me over too hard.

    Plus, it's a weird kind of comfort knowing at any time I can pull out DQ from my pocket and go questing lol

    submitted by /u/murakamitears
    [link] [comments]

    I have a few questions

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    This is my first Dragon Quest game, I'm enjoying it so far and just got Sylvado but have a few questions.

    1. Pep, this mechanic reminds me of trance from Final Fantasy IX except random and no way to gauge who or when someone is close to going into Pep mode, unless I'm missing something. Is there a way to sync up when party members go into pep? There are some quests I have that need 3 members in pep at the same time and I can't even get 2 at the same time.

    2. How important is tickington? I may do them but want to wait until later game unless there is a decent benefit to doing them as I progress. Also are they long?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/blindfire187
    [link] [comments]

    Hero go Boom

    Posted: 05 May 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    Seeking a Dragon Quest Playlist

    Posted: 04 May 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    Goo-reetings my friends. I am starting a Dungeons and Dragons Campaign but it needs some music. I was wondering if anyone had a playlist they could link to filled with fitting Dragon Quest adventuring music.

    submitted by /u/keklr
    [link] [comments]

    Added her ears + earrings to my Serena Mii

    Posted: 04 May 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    A Newcomer's Questions About DQIII

    Posted: 04 May 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    I've been wanting to get into it (as I've been playing and loving dq11 recently), but I have two questions:

    1. Do I need to play the first two games to understand this one?

    2. Is the version on switch a good version to play?

    submitted by /u/bloody_valentine_
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] So about that encounter rate...

    Posted: 04 May 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    ...in Alefgard: WHY CAN I NOT TAKE FIVE STEPS WITHOUT BEING ASSAILED. I get from a story perspective, this is an untamed and absolutely monster-teeming wilderness, but c'mon, Holy Protection isn't even doing diddly squat!

    And don't get me started on just how many hills and forest tiles there are on this map!

    ...but even so this is absolutely wonderful. God, it's crazy how each progressive game in the Erdrick trilogy manages to make you nostalgic for the first, even though they were barely released all that far apart, haha.

    submitted by /u/TheBlankestPage
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment