• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 11, 2021

    Dragon Quest I had some questions about the damage formula in dq9 help would be great.

    Dragon Quest I had some questions about the damage formula in dq9 help would be great.


    I had some questions about the damage formula in dq9 help would be great.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 12:12 AM PST

    High all, I've been struggling with this, but in Dq9 I've been trying to see if something is possible (being vague for a reason)

    Based on some research the damage formula is apparently
    Damage == [(Attack / 2) - (Defense / 4)] +/- [(Attack / 2) - (Defense / 4)]/16

    Yet I don't know if I'm just doing the calculations wrong or something but if I had ~60 total defense (resilience + armor) and then get attacked by a monster with ~10 attack shouldn't it be dealing 0 damage 100% of the time or am I missing something? Because in practice even at 66 defense a slime with 10 attack (based on https://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Slime) can still deal damage (even though it's just a single point and not all the time) I don't know if there's an extra formula that it runs through or what, but I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BlizzYou
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment