• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 20, 2021

    Dragon Quest A SLIME DRAWS NEAR! COMMAND?

    Dragon Quest A SLIME DRAWS NEAR! COMMAND?


    A SLIME DRAWS NEAR! COMMAND?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    So im happy you guys enjoyed my drawings yesterday! I finished the slime sticker set last night! Go check it out, enjoy.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    I love this game

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    I can't get enough of this game. I'm addicted to the combat and I love the characters and story. I'm having an absolute blast with this one.

    submitted by /u/LoretiTV
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a stretch to say that the cardboard headslot cutout thing over on the right reminds me of a heal slime? But just green instead of blue?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    Question about the language

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    So for the longest time I tried to get my hands on dragon quest 9,the problem is it cost a lot. But for some reason Japanese copies are much cheaper so I was thinking about getting one of those instead. Now, I read somewhere else that the language of the game matches the language of the ds, but does this apply to Japanese copies as well?

    submitted by /u/MrGugo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any Monster Recruitment in DQ11S?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    I played regular 11 the moment it came out for PS4 and while I had a great time I was disappointed there was no Monster Team Recruitment like in DQ 8 or Party Recruitment like in DQ 5. Has that changed at all in the S version of the game?

    submitted by /u/Nuffly
    [link] [comments]

    When the baby goes up a diaper size

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    DQ: Your Story Second Watch

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    I forced myself to watcn DQ:Your Story again, and here's my thoughts. I'll talk about the good and bad. There's gonna be spoilers for the whole movie and by extension, all of dq5.

    Good:They made Bianca and Nera alot more likable. I actually picked Nera in my playthrough, but even if Luca didn't pick her. I like what they did with her character and how she helped Luca recognize his feelings. Another pro is definitely the voice acting, especially Ladja. If we're lucky enough to get a remake of 5 that also comes to the west, they should bring back the actors from this. Another pro is giving the Hero/Luca more personality. In DQ5 you had some insight into his feelings through party chat, but the movie made him more of a real person. Another good pro is the animation, and the fights, the best highlights were Bjorn and the final Ladja fight. One last pro is the soundtrack, the ds midi versions aren't bad, but the orchestra version is amazing.

    Bad:All the cuts. The first noticable cut is how they cut the whole childhood section up to Coburg. Its super rushed and doesn't work well. While the movie does well with Bianca and Nera, you don't feel any nostalgia if you didn't play the game. Its the worst with Nera since even in DQ5, you meet her for like 5 seconds(I forgot about that part myself), but the movie acts like they were great friends even tho they intentionally cut out everything in the childhood. Removing Uptaten Towers also hurts the story alot, since the gold orb and bianca become important later. Anyway, the actual movie starts in whealbrook, which is snowing for some reason? An npc mentions that it was a cold winter but the only area with actual snow I remember was Battenburg. Its weird but I don't mind it. Another weird thing about Whealbrook is that the rest of the village doesn't exist, which kinda bothers me a bit. Anyway Pankraz and Luca go to Coburg, but they never explain why which is really annoying with how rushed this part already is. After Luca and Harry escape, they cut out the entire Coburg arc, which made me feel like Harry was robbed, since he had way more time to be the Hero's friend in Dq5. The next weird cut is Debora, it might be since its based off the snes version, but since the movie is a vr remake of dq5, it makes no sense to cut out content from another remake, especially an addition as big as Debora. A really bad cut is removing the wedding scene, which was such a great moment in dq5. The next cut is Gotha, which is really bizarre, without Gotha, Sancho is just some random guy that followed Pankraz around. He still calls Luca "your majesty" in the movie despite Gotha not existing which was super weird. The next cut is removing the daughter, which was super unnecessary. In dq5, the son and daughter had a nice dynamic, but in the movie they just delete it all. Speaking of the hero's children, I don't like the son that much here. In dq5, you got to know both the son and daughter, but here he's just kinda there. Its probably since the third generation is squeezed into the end, after Luca's reunion with his son, it just goes straight to getting the gold orb, and after that its straight to the climax. Another problem is the movie's pacing, cramping such a long game that goes over Luca's whole life into an hour and a half movie was an awful idea. Making this a duology where the 1st movie went through gens 1 and 2, then the 2nd was the third gen could've helped. The childhood section was super rushed, the 2nd generation kind of just ends after Luca marries Bianca. Then the third generation just goes straight to the final battle. Anyway, time for the twist that ruined the movie. The whole thing was some random idiot playing vr. I never cared much for Nimzo since Ladja is way more personal, but they could've done him justice. I wanted to skip the virus scene so badly, but I wanted to see if I still hated it, which I did. There's probably no saving this ending. The twist pretty much ruins all the impact of the ending, and it dumbs the whole movie down in general. Another thing about the vr twist that bothers me is how bad of a remake the vr game would be in real life. They cut out Debora, the daughter, Gotha, and the majority of the game. Something that really annoyed me too was how the guy wanted to start at gen 2, which just sounded like an excuse for rushing it to me.

    That pretty much raps my thoughts up, if anything, I want to replay dq5 more and want it remade more. DQ:Your Story isn't perfect but not having that twist would improve it so much.

    submitted by /u/Heropon-Tora
    [link] [comments]

    Best team/equipment?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    Hello

    I once beat the game with greatsword Hero, dagger Erik, claw Jade and wand Serena.

    I know that this question was probably asked many times before, but what is the most min/max team/equipment setup? Every other guide I read says something different. I'm replaying and I'm aiming for 100% completion this time.

    submitted by /u/Marvin_Conman
    [link] [comments]

    So the non-definitive edition doesn't have as much talking in battles?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    I'm playing through the original version after playing through the definitive edition on switch. I really liked all the talking in battles... it never got annoying and emphasized the bonds between the characters.

    But I just noticed this seems to be gone in the original. I almost thought the game was buggy with how little the characters were saying stuff in battle.

    I never see that brought up in comparisons between the versions... for a seemingly small change... that really added a lot to the game. It's as almost as big of an addition as the soundtrack. I miss all the fun banter between the characters... in this vanilla version...

    submitted by /u/PuglyWont
    [link] [comments]

    My Luminary Easter Egg Fell out of the Fridge!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    Tried to create Serena and Veronica as Miis (for Super Smash and later Miitopia). I feel like something is off or missing.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    Making a CD of my favorite tracks from my favorite DQ games for my car

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    What’s the difficulty like on DQ 11 definitive edition?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:23 PM PDT

    I'm playing on PC, and I keep reading that the game is super easy. I was wondering is there a way to select the difficulty, or play with tougher monsters? Or does the game start easy then ramp up a lot?

    Also what's the post game like in terms of content and difficulty?

    submitted by /u/ThereGoesJoe
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry for the "how far am I" question.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    Im in Phnom Nonh, about to fight the mural. How far into the game am i? BTW, im enjoying the game so far. I have only played DQ VIII.

    submitted by /u/BoJimbles18
    [link] [comments]

    Best wife in DQV?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    Oh man the Dragon Quest movie is hilarious [ENDING SPOILERS]

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    Now I'm not a Dragon Quest connoseur. I had only played DQ XI so I don't know if this story is original or based on an specific game.

    However is a super fun movie, you really get the feeling of having an entire game condensed into a movie, speaking of game. Let's talk about the ending.

    So the entire movie is basically made to tell the people that waste 500 hours on the games that is ok and you should keep doing it. Seems very self congratulatory and I couldn't help to laugh my ass off. As I myself end up spending 300 hours in DQXI, I can only imagine how much time of each life had someone that had played all the games had.

    Anyway top notch movie, amazing graphics, great fight scenes and a neat twist at the end.

    submitted by /u/Summerclaw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment